Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

230bhp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Barlow

Hi peeps,

How does 230bhp, 25% more torque and power coming in at 4500rpm sound!!!!!!!!!

Well a friend of mine at work has had his Corolla ECU re-mapped at a company called Toyo Performance in Nottingham. He tells me the performance is much improved with the 0-60 time down to 6secs and top speed off the clock. Ok so we all know 150+mph is pretty pointless unless you want to be banned, but the extra torque and power coming in lower in the rev range (normal is 6500rpm) is what counts in everyday driving. This will make over-taking much swifter and there for safer, less gear changing will be required, there is no need to rev the engine as hard (saving on wear and tear) and less fuel will be required. All this for £350, sounds good to me!!!! If anybody is interested I could enquire about possible discounts for multiple orders. The whole job only takes minutes to set up on a rolling road and the ECU can be returned to factory spec for £30 if you require it at a later date. Let me know if your interested. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Apologies for thick question but..... can this be done on a Celica 190 too?

I would love the revs to nail in a 4,500. Waiting for 6,000 just seems wrong! It's so satisfying hearing the pitch change when the engine SCREAMS!

Sorry, just getting a bit excited there! :D

But if this is possible, I could be interested.... what else would I need to do though? Upgrade the brakes etc?

Cheers

Hi there sillycar,

You wouldn't have to upgrade any other parts as the standard brakes are well up to the job, if you need new brake pads though, why not replace standard ones with fast road pads, these will give better feel and stopping power but will wear quicker. I'll post more info on re-map as soon as I get it.

Cheers,

John.

John,

I hope this is soon, I got to have it done, you had your springs done yet ? I'm hoping to have front spoiler and side skirts done soon, but not sure if i can risk non TTE springs due to warrenty issues,

Hi spwolf,

front spoiler is TTE, but side skirts are TBC dealer has an option for me I haven't seen them yet will keep you informed ;)

What is this TTE stuff? I am fairly new to tuning toyota's - certainly engines and chassis.

Is it possible to make alterations and still keep the car under warrety?

Regards,

Steve.

• 3 weeks later...

Being as you work at Toyota john, How do you get round the fact that your car will be checked at its service. I have a member car myself and i am very interested in the modification but can't justify the price for 10,000 miles use, then to have it changed back for its service. let me know what you think.

Being as you work at Toyota john, How do you get round the fact that your car will be checked at its service. I have a member car myself and i am very interested in the modification but can't justify the price for 10,000 miles use, then to have it changed back for its service. let me know what you think.

Hi peeps,

How does 230bhp, 25% more torque and power coming in at 4500rpm sound!!!!!!!!!

Well a friend of mine at work has had his Corolla ECU re-mapped at a company called Toyo Performance in Nottingham. He tells me the performance is much improved with the 0-60 time down to 6secs and top speed off the clock. Ok so we all know 150+mph is pretty pointless unless you want to be banned, but the extra torque and power coming in lower in the rev range (normal is 6500rpm)  is what counts in everyday driving. This will make over-taking much swifter and there for safer, less gear changing will be required, there is no need to rev the engine as hard (saving on wear and tear) and less fuel will be required. All this for £350, sounds good to me!!!! If anybody is interested I could enquire about possible discounts for multiple orders. The whole job only takes minutes to set up on a rolling road and the ECU can be returned to factory spec for £30 if you require it at a later date. Let me know if your interested. :D

Hi John

Just a quick post to add my interest in getting the "ECU re-map" done to my new Red Corolla T Sport (fabulous motor).

Looking forward to you posting some "definate prices & contact details" soon? I only live 34 miles from Nottingham so this is very conveniant for me.

Thanks

Brian T :D

I dont want to be a party pooper, but just to remind everyone that 2zze has been around for at least 2.5 years now, and there is not one single company that managed to get a reliable & "affordable" mod that could raise power more than 10%... Turbo's, S/C's all too unreliable , and ECU re-map tricky and only good at higher range, where again engine gets too unreliable without more (expensive) mods...

I second spwolf comments. Mapping your own fuel/timing curve is possible, but is it really sensible...? I also have some doubts that a single chip conversion would add 38 extra horses on a normally-aspirated fuel-injected engine. Generally speaking most aftermarket chips claim (a massive) 8-10 hp power increase.

Talking about the 2ZZ-GE engine, is anyone aware of any problems? I spotted the following from http://www.toysport.com/. "The 2ZZGE has problems. Bent valves from missed shifts have been common. Sticking valve mechanism also cause unscheduled visits to the Toyota Dealers."

misshifts were "common" in pre 2002 Celica GTS in USA basically people would shift into 2nd gear instead of 4th, while being in 3rd at 8,200 rpm... i think it was mostly ppl not knowing how to shift, but thats why everyone got better defined shifters in 2002...

other than that, 2zze is pretty reliable engine

Hi spwolf,

front spoiler is TTE, but side skirts are TBC dealer has an option for me I haven't seen them yet will keep you informed ;)

Hi jake

not knowing much toyotas yet, is TTE available from the dealer? If so how much does it cost for the front spoiler

thanks

yes... TTE front skirt (whole bumper actually) and back spoilers are avail. directly from the Toyota accessory catalogue... It is around 400 Euro I think, painted... Jake can prolly tell you exact price in the UK...

and jake... where are the pics man? ;-)

Hi sp/col

sp the car is in the workshop today (05/03/03) I collect it tomorrow, weather permiting I'll takes pics on the weekend and post them same day,

Uk cost as follows

TTE Front spoiler £168, plus painting and fitting

TTE springs £222 plus fitting

Toyota UK spec side skirts, price and availabily TBC, these are the very first to be fitted expect to see more info soon.

Look forward to seeing the motor jake. I bet It will look wicked mate!!

jerry!!

Nearly at the 1200 mile break-in period (Sunburst red TS with Black leather interior)...

:)

NOt knowing much about cars (apart form driving them), would having the ECU remapped void the manufacturer's warranty and would it put any additional stress on the vehicle (hence reducing the life of the vehicle)?

Also, if the ECU remap is as good as it sounds, how come Toyota don't provide the cars already with this "sporty ECU?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links