Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Piccies Of My Mr2 Roadster

linzwazzy

unsure if this is the correct place but just wanted to post some pictures of my delightful mr2 which i just sold yesterday, i'm going to really miss it, in car terms it was the love of my life. loved every moment in it. had my last drive in it yesterday and it's going to it's new owner on Friday. goodbye MR2 (aka sakura, my name for her)

P1000171.jpg

P1000172.jpg

P1000173.jpg

P1000175.jpg

Well looked after car...............You are going to miss it like hell :(

thansk for the reply, well this morning is the last time i'll ever see her. had tears in my eyes. :crybaby:

Awe, well hopefully you'll be getting something to replace her.

Said goodbye to my 2 nearly five months ago, and only missed it since the snow has melted and the sun has shone!!!

There is no way I would have sold that car!

That was a well looked after motor, looks perfect.

she was perfect :( but needs must, i've got myself a mint corolla t-sport now. in the middle of cleaning it and she'll be looking just as hot in a different way.

That car looks fantastic..i was going to sell my MR2 for a boxter , infact i posted on here to say i was selling my car......but then the credit crunch set in so i felt it wasnt such a good time for such a big spend and that the money was best left in the bank for the time being,,,anyway still love my MR2........

Nice car but i hope you realise that by adding a pic of your car with your number plate invites certain people that look at sites like these to clone your number plate easily as you have provided them with all the information they need?

Nice car but i hope you realise that by adding a pic of your car with your number plate invites certain people that look at sites like these to clone your number plate easily as you have provided them with all the information they need?

i'm sure it'll be fine, plus it's no longer my car as i said in my orginial post.

This is off topic apologies

I think you should contact Autotrader and ask them to the remove 300,000+ adds as the majority will show Reg No's, also whats the difference between this pic and lookin out of a window at a car?

I imagine people like myself who block their Reg number do it to prevent being identified when out on the road.

This is off topic apologies

I think you should contact Autotrader and ask them to the remove 300,000+ adds as the majority will show Reg No's, also whats the difference between this pic and lookin out of a window at a car?

I imagine people like myself who block their Reg number do it to prevent being identified when out on the road.

:lol: was thinking this myself.

Gorgeous car, shame that you were forced to sell. :(

I really like the colour too, makes it look very sporty. ;)

Gorgeous car, shame that you were forced to sell. :(

I really like the colour too, makes it look very sporty. ;)

cheers, i know i loved the red too. she looked really trick in the hard top too :wub: *shy* think i'll cry anytime i see her. if i won the lottery i'd be straight out to buy her back.

I often wandered why people blank out there regs.......and after watching a programme on reg cloning the other night i realise what happens,,,,but surely theres no difference in just driving around and someone cloning it that way??i posted my car on here some while ago with reg showing...does it make any difference as mines a specific name on my plate for cloning....thanks for any answers ,,sorry to hijack your selling the car post,,,,

I often wandered why people blank out there regs.......and after watching a programme on reg cloning the other night i realise what happens,,,,but surely theres no difference in just driving around and someone cloning it that way??i posted my car on here some while ago with reg showing...does it make any difference as mines a specific name on my plate for cloning....thanks for any answers ,,sorry to hijack your selling the car post,,,,

No chance of anybody else wanting to drive round in a "LA SLAPA" so I'm ok ;) :lol:

It may well be a silly question cabcurtains but from this forum i have worked out the owner is a woman, names is probably Linzy lives in northern island and used to drive a red Mr2 registration NJZ1489 which she sold on Friday. Quite a bit of information?

And by one click on this forum i have found out this:

Owner: Les (GIDDLEPIN)

NCB: max

Convictions: 1x SP10

Other drivers:Anne

Year of Roadster: 2002

UK/EU/Jap: UK

Colour: silver

Gearbox: Manual

Hardtop: No

Garaged or drive: Yes and No (Depends who gets in first)

How much more information do you need to start stealing peoples identity?

People are very careless with their personal information and it doesn't make it right that 300,000 people do it on autotrader, you think a cloning thief is just going to look out the window when all the information they want is on the internet because of lapse attitudes.

Its peoples personal opinion if they want to display their reg numbers on the internet, but would you display your address on this forum and why not??

It may well be a silly question cabcurtains but from this forum i have worked out the owner is a woman, names is probably Linzy lives in northern island and used to drive a red Mr2 registration NJZ1489 which she sold on Friday. Quite a bit of information?

People are very careless with their personal information and it doesn't make it right that 300,000 people do it on autotrader, you think a cloning thief is just going to look out the window when all the information they want is on the internet because of lapse attitudes.

Its peoples personal opinion if they want to display their reg numbers on the internet, but would you display your address on this forum and why not??

This is way off topic.

Your points are valid, however if you have concerns over this i hope you didn't watch the recent episode of Dispatches which showed issues the Post Office have, thats much more concerning. Employing temps without security checks and mail disappearing.....

thats exactly the same reason why i have no adress or date of birth ect on my facebook and i also on facebook would not say if i was going away for obvious reasons like a lot of people do....Also had one of my properties to let with an agent and they took the foto off that showed a plasma tv.....now i never thought about that , how easy is it for someone to see that property advertised realise that it "may" be empty and nick the tv??.....however said telly is in my own home now...sorry to go off topic ....

• 4 weeks later...

And by one click on this forum i have found out this:

Owner: Les (GIDDLEPIN)

NCB: max

Convictions: 1x SP10

Other drivers:Anne

Year of Roadster: 2002

UK/EU/Jap: UK

Colour: silver

Gearbox: Manual

Hardtop: No

Garaged or drive: Yes and No (Depends who gets in first)

How much more information do you need to start stealing peoples identity?

Just getting back to this post now, and i can honestly tell you that all that information you've found on my car is completely wrong, specially considering it says the car is silver in that and Les is not the name of the new owner. i will conntinue to post pictures of my cars with the number plates shown. i have the tax book for my car i own it and it's registered in my name. I also live in northern Ireland not Island. If people really want to steal number plates they usually just got steal them off the car, this happened to a friend of ours. i really just couldn't give a crap. o and linzy isn't my name.

Just getting back to this post now, and i can honestly tell you that all that information you've found on my car is completely wrong, specially considering it says the car is silver in that and Les is not the name of the new owner. i will conntinue to post pictures of my cars with the number plates shown. i have the tax book for my car i own it and it's registered in my name. I also live in northern Ireland not Island. If people really want to steal number plates they usually just got steal them off the car, this happened to a friend of ours. i really just couldn't give a crap. o and linzy isn't my name.

The information shown was taken from my post helping fellow club members with insurance information, this is used on a couple of other forums with additional information from a large number of other members. It was I suppose put in to highlight what potential hackers could obtain.......Still if it saves them a couple of quid on their insurance it will have been worth while.

Pedantic springs to mind, thank you Les for trying to explain the information is from another post, thought you would have realized that.... person not called Linzy, sorry for spelling Northern Ireland wrong...........oh by the way continue is two 'n's' not three, and anyone who wants to display pictures of cars with number plates...good for you.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links