Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auxiliary Aux Adapter To Mp3/ipod

xEla

hi all again,

can someone tell me how easy is to place AUX adaptor to Celica gen 7 audio system?

and step by step guide would be great :)

hi all again,

can someone tell me how easy is to place AUX adaptor to Celica gen 7 audio system?

and step by step guide would be great :)

Hi there

Well Im not sure about the later models of the gen 7... but my factory unit has no AUX input on it....However as mine is from japan, it has a built in sat nav/tv system where the common middle pop up glove box is. As this system is japanese, its pretty much useless to me, so I had the local car installers splice into the TV's sound out, and they installed a little device that recieves the input from the ipod and forces it into the factory unit via the "AUX/TV" button on the stereo.

Another option is, you can get modulators that bypass the car's antenna so when you go to a particular channel on your FM stations, it receives the AUX feed instead, all your other stations still work. The sound quality is far better than a wireless FM modulator since its hardwired, but its not "perfect".

hi macman05,

thanks for the tip...

i use to use cassette adaptor to play mp3, but it died recently and now i'm looking for better ways to play mp3/ipod...

i'm very happy with manufacturer stereo and i don't want to change it really... so i thought may be somebody have some work-around tips...

this AUX adaptor i found on eBay and they were saying it would fit celica 1999+

i'm not very familiar with this sort of things, but i thought one have to have cd-changer to connect that adaptor.

well.. was worth asking a question anyway...

i don't really want to use radio transmitter as it connects to cigarette lighter and:

1. i always hit my hand against it when put my car on reverse gear

2. i need other things connected to it now and then (satnav, etc)

can anyone suggest any other ways ?

Hi xEla

I like your idea of an AUX adaptor, but the ones found on eBay seem a little expensive @ £28.00 +

I'd suggest buying another cassette tape adaptor from eBay, (much cheaper), and save your money for a sound system with a USB input?

(I use a tape adaptor myself & find that it's OK for my old ears)

Hi Felfy

the thing is with cassette adaptors that some of them have such a rubbish sound quality that i don't want to spend another £5 then another 'till i found the one that is actually ok...

i already have two, which are rubbish (something to do with that magnetic reader positioning..)

in longer terms £28 is nothing really... besides, yesterday Toyota have been clearing out many products on eBay, so i would give it couple of days so they are relisted.. i've seen some for £10+

the problem is how to work around it... =)

Firstly it may be useful if you can let us know what stereo you have fitted. There were a few fitted in the Gen 7. In the earlier ones there was a Sony unit with a CD player and tape deck built in. In the later models they were fitted with a Toyota unit with a single slot CD only. Some Had a variation of that model with a disk changer built in etc.

The ones with the facility to have a disk changer plugged in from that back will be able to have an aux in adapter.

hi sjrainsford

car is VVT-i 2000

it has standard CD+Tape Sony audio

i could not find in documentation whether it has connectors for cd-changer or not.

but there is no cd-changer in my car.

From memory (I could be wrong though) but I don't think it's possible on the Sony stereo and haven't heard of anybody doing it. It has been done on the Toyota units though.

It may be easier just to change the unit as mentioned earlier or continue to use a tape adapter. Or if you want to stick with the OEM look of the stereo, then a better quality way would be to use one of these FM links http://www.dension.com/index.php?pageID=175

sjrainsford

that ice>Link One sounds ok...

but a bit expensive and not clear where to attach it behind the radio...

i'll research internet for reviews on this one..

thank you for the tip!

Hi mate, the ice link is relatively easy to install. You just have to give it a power supply by tapping into the wires from the back of your stereo, then you unplug your radio aerial and the icelink plugs into where your radio aerial plugged. Then you just plug the aerial into the icelink. It simply taps into your aerial signal and feeds a signal of it's own into the stereo.

To listen to your ipod or auxilliary device you then simply select the correct station on your radio. It's a posh version of one of those off the shelf FM transmitters that you plug into your ipod, only less likely to suffer interference.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links