Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vandalism - Deep Scratch On Bonnet

ABZ-T2

Hey guys

Went shoppin today and came back to find a 15cm long, deep scratch on my bonnet! Who would do such a thing?! Jus polished my car this morning and was all shiny! Anywaz enuf of tht....does any1 have any ideas how much it would cost to get it repaired?! Also can any1 please suggest where to have it repaired.

Thanx

ABZ-T2

Hey guys

Went shoppin today and came back to find a 15cm long, deep scratch on my bonnet! Who would do such a thing?! Jus polished my car this morning and was all shiny! Anywaz enuf of tht....does any1 have any ideas how much it would cost to get it repaired?! Also can any1 please suggest where to have it repaired.

Thanx

ABZ-T2

Unlucky mate. When i had the Megane i had something similar but worst, basically someone made a crack on my front wing (part above wheel arch) and as they are made of plastic on Megane it was a proper crack.

I had it fixed by someone who did plastic welding.

Anyway, I would suggest you find a small repairer rather than a big branded work shop for such work. You will find that small repairers are equally competent and are more willing to negotiate a price.

Hey guys

Thanx

ABZ-T2

Sorry to hear that - I just walked past a car that had been keyed on at least 4 panels - there are some sick people around :ffs:

You could try Halfords or any of the microrepairers.

That sucks! Sorry that you had to have such idiots ruin your bonnet.

Go to a small garage as suggested because they will be more willing to give a better price, and they will probably provide a much better quality too.... ;)

Sorry to hear about some loony causing such damage. Probably jealous. Try somebody like dent devils or as suggested in previous posts. The alternative would be a body shop but it will cost in region of £250 to fill and respray etc.

I once had my car which was a F reg Cavalier SRI keyed on eight panels (four each side) when I was parked outside my future wifes house many years ago. Never did find out who did it and I tried to touch it up myself (did an okay job) as it was just too expensive to have it done at the time. There really are some miserable gits about!!

Some **** keyed my rear passenger door. ChipsAway did a great job of repairing it, and cost £200.

i have also been keyed before, miserable bast$$d!! tried chipsaway, they completely ruined my car, i made it very clear i was not happy, so they decided not to charge me anything, then a friend recommended a small workshop in London, they did a fantastic job!

Big players like Chips away or Halfords very often have rookies just after the training with minimum experience. Check local directory for "family businesses" as they have been doing that for years. The guy from Chips away looked at my badly scuffed bumper and said it was impossible to fix it so there was no mark. I got local guy and he did amazing job for the same money as Chips away