Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Washed My Car For 3 Months

zakelwe

People spend loads getting a matt black wrap for their car, I thought I'd do a matt black wrap but the Aygo way, ie not wash it at all.

I plan not to wash it at all in 2010 and see how I go.

Here is it mid Feb my dear old Dirty Bertie.

Bertie.jpg

Rather Mad Max eh?

Andy

As as aside, I can't believe your lack of snow. I've got a 3 foot drift up the garden fence and 1 foot around my car. Clearly snow is only down in my end of Kent.

As as aside, I can't believe your lack of snow. I've got a 3 foot drift up the garden fence and 1 foot around my car. Clearly snow is only down in my end of Kent.

Wow, you must to the south I guess. My mother in law reported lots even near Deal. Near Sevenoaks we got one wild wacky 30 minutes and then it stopped.

Andy

Haha, I thought mine was bad before i washed and polished it yesterday.

But this takes the prize for most dirty car.

My Aygo Black was last washed 7th December the JCT600 Garage where i had my MOT did it for me, i only clean the windows and lights once a week, i think its a pointless waste of money and time cleaning your car in the winter when its cold cause all the dirt from the road just collects back on the car then it needs another wash ill wait till the summer :D

I'm suprised nobody has been on to say it will rot away with all the salt this time of year if you don't wash it :lol: ;)

My Aygo Black was last washed 7th December the JCT600 Garage where i had my MOT did it for me, i only clean the windows and lights once a week, i think its a pointless waste of money and time cleaning your car in the winter when its cold cause all the dirt from the road just collects back on the car then it needs another wash ill wait till the summer :D

The fact that large large large levels of salt build up on the car over this time of year is enough reason to wash the car at least monthly.

Salt + Car = Bad times.

The fact that large large large levels of salt build up on the car over this time of year is enough reason to wash the car at least monthly.

Salt + Car = Bad times.

If you get a big enough layer of dirt the salt will not be able to penetrate :D

Andy

Salt + Car = Bad times.

If you get a big enough layer of dirt the salt will not be able to penetrate :D

Andy

And there was me thinking that you were a careing Aygo owner that "loved" his car.......................You are a disgrace to the Toyota Owners Club :P ;) :lol:

well am sure glad thats not my car i wd drive around with a paper bag over ma head if ma car looked like that call me sad or wotever but am rather picky about my car bein clean

What's that? A dirty lawn mower? Please only post pictures of Aygos on this forum ;)
haha Nice

Still doesnt beat mine :)

12299414a9876783350l.jpg

Hawwwwwww

Leave my wheeliebin alone :(

Mein Gott ! weevicky's Aygo is so dirty she has stuck it to the side of a building with the grime!

I gave in and cleaned mine today. I didn't wash it, I just poured gravy over it and let bad boy Barney lick it clean

barney3.jpg

Andy

100_4854.JPG

It's an old pic, but this was about 7 weeks worth of dirt...

People spend loads getting a matt black wrap for their car, I thought I'd do a matt black wrap but the Aygo way, ie not wash it at all.

I plan not to wash it at all in 2010 and see how I go.

Here is it mid Feb my dear old Dirty Bertie.

Bertie.jpg

Rather Mad Max eh?

Andy

Looks normal to me. ;)

Remember though when washing, stick the preassure washer up its front and rear wheel arches, there are no plastic liners, also there are lips on the wings which are dirt traps too (becareful not to cut yourself) loads of crud will fall out.

You should wash it. My father rarely washes it, and they are identical, and about the same age. Mine looks way better, the colour is deeper and shines more. I wash mine once every weekend in the summer and once every two weeks during the winter. Trust me, it's worth it.

Also, before the winter comes, have it waxed. It's not too late to do that now...

I gave in to washed it on Saturday and cleaned the wheels with a tooth brush and polished the paint work then little trick i learned use a soft sweeping brush to get all the bits off the paint left by the polish cloth biggrin.gif i don't want that road salt eating through my Aygo's paint work

My Aygo partly buried under snow a week ago on the White Cliffs of Dover:

aygo-snow.jpg

Most of the snow has melted now. It took about 5 hours to clear the drive :(

A dustpan is a great tool for shovelling snow off the roof of the car :)

I left mine for about two months without washing it! Sadly didn't get a picture. I got it cleaned last Monday morning. By 12pm on the Tuesday it was filthy again thanks to the M6. I may give him another bath on my next day off!

Gatecrashing here sorry, my last car a Ford Ka didn't get washed from May 2008 to September last year when I got rid of it. I gave up washing it because when I washed it in the May I knocked a big hole in the rust! :rolleyes: