Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 T180 Brake Discs And Pads

MarsKy

Anyone have a price for RAV4 T180 brake discs and pads?

Been to Kwik Fit (inc. VAT and fitting):

* Front Pad Set GBP 84.30

* Rear Pad Set GBP 77.10

* Rear Discs GBP 89.50 each (OEM - after market ones don't seem to be available)

* Front Discs GBP 90.00 each (OEM)

* Brake Consumable GBP 3.95

* Rear Pad Set GBP 77.10

* Rear Discs GBP 89.50 each (OEM - after market ones don't seem to be available)

Do you feel confident enough to do it yourself?

* Rear Pad Set GBP 77.10

Do you feel confident enough to do it yourself?

Confident - yes. And I did see http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/ were offering them considerably cheaper.

But I don't have the time though - it's easier all round for me to drop the RAV off with a fitter and pick it up when done, even if it adds a bit on.

I can get these parts from my local factor;

Front pads 30.82

Front discs 72.88

Rear discs 55.48

Rear pads 19.71

Inc VAT 210.19

Thats £314.16 cheaper than taking it to Quickfit whom I don't really care to have working on my RAV. I earn £20 per hour driving trains and that works out at 15.71 hours so for a day in the garage I think it is worth getting grubby. I reckon about 6 hours should do it even messing with my trolley jack and stands instead of a wheel free lift.

Just my fuzzy logic!

BTW I imagine Kingo would get you the parts if you want to get a local to fit them???

Front pads 30.82

Front discs 72.88

Rear discs 55.48

Rear pads 19.71

Inc VAT 210.19

Thats £314.16 cheaper than taking it to Quickfit whom I don't really care to have working on my RAV. I earn £20 per hour driving trains and that works out at 15.71 hours so for a day in the garage I think it is worth getting grubby. I reckon about 6 hours should do it even messing with my trolley jack and stands instead of a wheel free lift.

Just my fuzzy logic!

BTW I imagine Kingo would get you the parts if you want to get a local to fit them???

I'm a principal consultant and I'm away quite a bit (I was heading out of North Wales towards Chester on Tuesday 9th and saw a RAV suspiciously like yours - you weren't in the area were you?) Anyway, my time-off means more to me than the money saved/ time lost in DIY.

I think this year will be when the consumables start needing replaced - brake discs/ pads and run-flats are probable. With the 3 year warranty up too, I've started thinking about a replacement. So-much-so that I've requested a test drive of the new Kia Sorento with a view to getting the KX-3 model: 196bhp, 6 speed auto, more toys than the T180, a full spare tyre and a 7 year warranty. Methinks Toyota are falling behind.

* Rear Pad Set GBP 77.10

Hi have you tried a Toyota dealership? you maybe surprised. I had front discs and Pads replaced in October for £240, at that price saved me getting wet outside on the drive !!

Front pads 30.82

Front discs 72.88

Rear discs 55.48

Rear pads 19.71

Inc VAT 210.19

Just my fuzzy logic!

I'm a principal consultant and I'm away quite a bit (I was heading out of North Wales towards Chester on Tuesday 9th and saw a RAV suspiciously like yours - you weren't in the area were you?) Anyway, my time-off means more to me than the money saved/ time lost in DIY.

I think this year will be when the consumables start needing replaced - brake discs/ pads and run-flats are probable. With the 3 year warranty up too, I've started thinking about a replacement. So-much-so that I've requested a test drive of the new Kia Sorento with a view to getting the KX-3 model: 196bhp, 6 speed auto, more toys than the T180, a full spare tyre and a 7 year warranty. Methinks Toyota are falling behind.

I was scooting about Macclesfield on Tuesday so if your travels took you that way?

I don't blame you for thinking about a new car if you rely on outside repair but have you tried the 2 new RAVs? They really are different from the previous 4.3 model and if having a spare wheel would swing it I think I could get my local dealer to throw one in.

With the 3 year warranty up too, I've started thinking about a replacement.

you can extend the Toyota warranty & it's a lot cheaper than the depreciation on a new car.

With the 3 year warranty up too, I've started thinking about a replacement.

you can extend the Toyota warranty & it's a lot cheaper than the depreciation on a new car.

Hi, Really could not agree more. I think the 2 year option on the extended warranty is really good value for money. I took it out last year after having £4k worth of replacements under the original 3 year warranty. Didn't bother with my old 4.2 that just went on and on but the T180 nuther kettle of fish.

Front pads 30.82

Front discs 72.88

Rear discs 55.48

Rear pads 19.71

Inc VAT 210.19

Just my fuzzy logic!

I was scooting about Macclesfield on Tuesday so if your travels took you that way?

I don't blame you for thinking about a new car if you rely on outside repair but have you tried the 2 new RAVs? They really are different from the previous 4.3 model and if having a spare wheel would swing it I think I could get my local dealer to throw one in.

Hi, you have mentioned the improvements on the nu 4.3 compared to the original4.3s before. I for one wud be very grateful to hear exactly what these improvements are (anything to do with auto switch to 4wd from standard 2wd etc)

Regards

J

(anything to do with auto switch to 4wd from standard 2wd etc)

Regards

J

Just explain a bit more what you mean by this - are you referring to the way the car switches from 2WD to 4WD or are you referring to the 2WD and 4WD models now available?

With regard to the comparison between a current XT-R and my XT4 then the changes with the engine and gearbox are understated by Toyota. They are leagues apart and I can understand this in some ways as the risk of emphasising the improvements is to risk some owners considering their vehicles faulty

If I look back at the modifications to the engine alone that have been implemented to address oil consumption and cylinder head gaskets and sealing of the sump and timing case etc etc, these are all included in the new engine. Additionally they have now opened up the cylinder block to allow it to breath freely in the crankcase. If you consider that the pistons are a good enough fit to create very high compression for providing power, they are also capable of generating pressure underneath and the crankcase becomes a compression chamber. This normally dealt with by breather pipes etc but the new engine takes this a step further by virtually eliminating crankcase compression and that in turn reduces oil consumption and emissions.

Now add the fact that the injection equipment has been upgraded to "piezo" injectors and there are mods to the soundproofing, this new 150 rated engine is a significant improvement over the current engine and delivers very smooth power and increased torque. It sounds like an advert but you really have to go and drive one to appreciate it. I took one out with another owner from this club and we were both very impressed. I actually wanted to convince myself that there was no reason even considering a change but in fact it was very difficult to do so.

Moving on to the gearbox. We have all commented at various stages how the 6 speed manual can be notchy especially when cold and even a little bit unrefined when warm. I cannot imagine what has been done as the "new car features" section of the techdoc site suggests the gearbox is a carry over. Whether it is in the gearbox itself or the selection control cables I don't know but Duncerduncs comparison to a hot knife through butter is fairly accurate.

For me this combination of engine and gearbox driveabilty transforms the car. There are also various mods to the soundproofing of the vehicle which reduces engine and road noise. I suspect but cannot confirm that the suspension settings have been tweeked as it seems a tad softer and somehow less fidgety than mine which I found very firm at first but maybe it is down to the insulation as it feels more detached from the road surface.

For the most part there is no need to bother with the traction control and VSC system but as I found this year, in deep snow it can become a bit over zealous and I could have done with switching it off on one occasion. Having forgot the process and the instructions for doing it I had admit defeat and leave it parked a bit nearer to the roadside than I would have liked. I suspect the inclusion of a switch has come from the USA where they usually suffer worse winters than we do but it is nevertheless welcome and you can cycle from TRC off/TRC-VSC off/all on.

The slight styling mods are quite nice but very much allow no changes to panels etc so its just a makeover and that means lights, bumpers, grille and mirrors. Maybe the revisions in September will include something more significant. The nose job on the Auris has certainly produced a better looking car in my opinion so maybe the family look will be included. Interior wise there are heated seats and auto lights. I'm not sure about auto wipers as the ones I've come across are a bit erratic and OK, I like the thought of not routing for keys but I don't know whether keyless entry might become a pain when it gets 10 years old??? We'll see.

I would have liked to have seen drive away locking or driver only unlock as the car is completely vulnerable at the moment, if some hoodie fancied the contents of the boot while you were standing at traffic lights you wouldn't stand a chance of getting to them and it can only be prevented by having the presence of mind to press the interior door lock switch.

Those are my thoughts on it but to know what I mean about driveability you can only really tell by driving one. Just call in one day and take one out – you will see what I mean!

I suspect but cannot confirm that the suspension settings have been tweeked as it seems a tad softer and somehow less fidgety than mine which I found very firm at first but maybe it is down to the insulation as it feels more detached from the road surface.

They've added a cover to the rear suspension lower control arm. This claims to improve fuel consumption and handling. I could believe the fuel consumption claim (slight? - every little helps), but handling? Anyway, that is Mr T's claim.

controlarm.jpg

I agree though, it did seem to soak up the lumps and bumps far better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links