Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'91 G-limited Import ... Some Assistance Please

odin the terrible

Greetings one and all,

I'm still not quite upto speed yet with my G-Limited import ('91) and was wondering if any of you out there could throw a little light on a couple of issues I have still with the car ???

OK, first off ... can anyone tell me what the ECON button is for next to AIRCON [A/C] button on the dash as it doesn't seem to do anything ...

dash.jpg

Second issue is with the CD player portion of the audio installation ... lets me shove CDs in OK but then doesn't seem to spin them up and then tries to spit them out ... and if I remove the CD it then seems to cycle and opens the door and acts as if it's ejecting the CD ! Has anyone been able to repair this fault or is it a rip out job and cart it off to the pros for their magic fingers ... or do I simply rip the lot out and buy a new combined CD/Radio ... in which case, is there a balnking plate available to cover the gap ???

Lastly ... having given the car to my local independent garage (BMW experts) to fit a new radiator I seem to be having problems with the coolant level in as much as it keeps dropping. After the car has run (and cooled down) I check the water level by removing the filler cap and it always appears to need at least 1/2 a pint of fluid to bring it back to just below the filler cap. The reservoir doesn't seem to hold water either yet there appears to be NO obvious signs of a leak anywhere and the needle on the temp gauge NEVER goes beyond half way ! I gave them the details about how to bleed the system after a refill and they claim to have followed the guide but I'm not sure. And before anyone asks why I didn't do it myself, I've got arthritis in my hands which is quite bad at the moment ... otherwise I WOULD have under taken the rad replacement myself.

When I questioned them about the rad they said they had left it running for an hour or so and had not found that it need topping up after an initial refill ... and 1/4 of a tank of my petrol ! Do you think I need to re-bleed the system myself again ???? ... or am I missing something more fundamental ???

Oh and BTW ... anyone got a handle on where I might be able to get a copy of the owners manual for this beast ????

Many thanks in anticipation of some quality input. ;-)

O T T

The Econ button keeps a set temperature within the car ,theres a sensor on the dash in the left hand corner

(only found on imports)

The cds on the MR2 are renowned for spitting out some CDs ,they dont like playing copies for instance

And the water system is renowned for having air locks,so that just needs bleeding according to the manual

The Econ button keeps a set temperature within the car ,theres a sensor on the dash in the left hand corner

(only found on imports)

The cds on the MR2 are renowned for spitting out some CDs ,they dont like playing copies for instance

And the water system is renowned for having air locks,so that just needs bleeding according to the manual

Thanks for the input ...

The CD however doesn't appear to like ANY CD LOL LOL LOL

Actually I think you'll find the Econ button causes the climate control to not rely on the aircon pump as much, which reduces economy, especially in traffic due to the "idle up" and increased load.

The sensor is linked the the "Auto" function which is the climate control.

The CD deck is probably knackered, they tend to fail with age and give your symptoms.

Actually I think you'll find the Econ button causes the climate control to not rely on the aircon pump as much, which reduces economy, especially in traffic due to the "idle up" and increased load.

The sensor is linked the the "Auto" function which is the climate control.

The CD deck is probably knackered, they tend to fail with age and give your symptoms.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links