Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Window Switch Flashing

JohnCarberry

After starting the car tonight, I noticed the "auto" on the drivers electric window switch was flashing, and the auto function wasn't working. It does open and close the same as the other windows, it's just the auto feature that isn't working. I'm not sure how long it has been like that, but it could potentially have been a few days. Does anyone know what that is about?

It flashes in a particular pattern, so I thought maybe it could be like a fault code. It's on-off-on-off-pause and repeats. I had a flick through the manual and didn't see anything about it.

Hi,

enclosed copy of thread from one of the guys a while back which may be of help.

Best wishes

Paul

How to reset your Auto electric window function.

If, like me, you let the wife use your beloved Auris to pop down to the post box when the weather's freezing and, if like my wife yours decides to wind the window down to clear the ice off (?????)... and, if like mine, your window is frozen solid and it stops the auto function working and causes the auto light on the switch to flash, here's the procedure to reprogramme the auto wind unit.

Simply turn the ignition on, wind the window all the way to the bottom and hold the switch down for at least ten seconds. Then wind it all the way back up again and hold the switch for another ten seconds and voila, the system's reset!

• Like 1

Thanks Paul. That did the trick. Much appreciated.

My pleasure John.

The guys on this forum are excellent in helping each other to get over problems, glad it worked ok .

Best wishes

Paul

• 9 years later...

• 1 year later...

Hii. I have a problem. My Toyota auris(2011) driver window opened and does not close. The light on the switch is flashing. came to the end as the window closed and then opened itself halfway. It works smoothly in the opening direction, but never closes. remained completely open. Is there any way to reset this?

Give it some time and if it does not reset itself you may just remove the negative terminal of the Battery, wait for 15-20 min then connect and should be reset. 👍

12 hours ago, oozcimenli said:

Hii. I have a problem. My Toyota auris(2011) driver window opened and does not close. The light on the switch is flashing. came to the end as the window closed and then opened itself halfway. It works smoothly in the opening direction, but never closes. remained completely open. Is there any way to reset this?

The master switch has reset, to re-programme at each door push and hold the switch down until the window drops fully hold the switch for 2 seconds and then lift and hold switch until window fully closed and hold the switch for 2 seconds, repeat this at each door and once done the switch should stop flashing.