Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Customer Feedback Questionnaire

Grumpy Cabbie

Just received a customer feedback questionnaire from Toyota and wondered if anyone else on here has received one too? I'm just about to fill it in honestly but notice they only allow two boxes to complete for each page for problems.

I regret to say (and I do love my Prius) that I would need more than 6 problem boxes out of about 100 questions!!! Creaking centre console, rattles in the dash, squeaky seats, dodgy indicator stalk doesn't click off properly from left turns, OSF wiper not clearing properly, braking issue (we all know about that one!), poor paint finish prone to scratches, quality of fabrics and quality of plastics used on dash - prone to scratches.

That pretty much covers my gripes. :(

Anyone else had the questionnaire and are your comments on a similar line to mine?

I've not really had any of those (the issues, I obviously have the crap plastic on the dash - which I mentioned in my feedback form) - although I have noticed a few scratches on the paintwork recently. I've been reasonably happy with the fabrics and not had any rattles to speak of - I did have a Golf Gti previously which had such hard suspension that everything rattled when you went over a chewing gum wrapper.

My main gripe was the iPod adaptor which is beyond a joke.

got my form yesterday, have not filled it in yet, the only trouble I have has, so far, is I had to have a new traction Battery, think that is what it is called, and according to Toyota the only replacement ever, apart from those cars involved in accidents..................

I got my feedback form about 6 weeks after taking delivery.

I agree with Grumpy Cabbie that the boxes were too small so I added my gripes and my praises on a separate sheet!

(hope they are not computer read forms!)

Gripes - Centre armrest too low and too hard. Door armrest too hard. No warning light for low screenwasher

Rear wiper inadequate. O/S temp should warn when near freezing.

I think that the black pressed metal brackets that hold the front seats should not be so obvious on a car of this price.

(My views on the finish are influenced by the high quality of my last car - a Skoda)

Praise - Great to drive, comfortable, economic and quiet, good centre console with everything to hand

Good rear camera - but not sure of the Park Assist yet!

No rattles or squeaks for me but I do agree that the paintwork is prone to scratching and there is too much grey plastic.

I have also noticed that the turn indicator does not always work on shallower left bends.

I got my feedback form about 6 weeks after taking delivery.

I agree with Grumpy Cabbie that the boxes were too small so I added my gripes and my praises on a separate sheet!

(hope they are not computer read forms!)

Gripes - Centre armrest too low and too hard. Door armrest too hard. No warning light for low screenwasher

Rear wiper inadequate. O/S temp should warn when near freezing.

I think that the black pressed metal brackets that hold the front seats should not be so obvious on a car of this price.(My views on the finish are influenced by the high quality of my last car - a Skoda)

Praise - Great to drive, comfortable, economic and quiet, good centre console with everything to hand

Good rear camera - but not sure of the Park Assist yet!

No rattles or squeaks for me but I do agree that the paintwork is prone to scratching and there is too much grey plastic.

I have also noticed that the turn indicator does not always work on shallower left bends.

To be honest all of your gripes should have been obvious to you prior to taking delivery of your Prius and are a bit cosmetic/superficial :rolleyes:

To be honest all of your gripes should have been obvious to you prior to taking delivery of your Prius and are a bit cosmetic/superficial :rolleyes:

Yes, some of the gripes are superficial - but they all add up to the "customer experience". In essence, all cars are the same (box on wheels to get from A to B ) the subtle differences make the brand and differentiate betweeen different makes and models!

Re "obvious before taking delivery" - I would disagree - a number of the points don't really become apparent until after particular situations have been experienced. Also, may have know about some of these points before delivery, but there's nothing you can do about them!..... other than comment when asked for feedback by the manufacturer!

So, for me, (admittedly "superficial" but in my opinion "could be better with little effort from Toyota") are:

1) no "frost alarm"

2) Just discovered that the "window lock" even disables the driver's controls for the electric windows (in all other cars I've driven, the function just disables the buttons on the rear doors) This is crazy as, if I have kids in the back and lock the windows to stop them messing, I have to "unlock" (i.e. re-enable ALL window controls) before I as the driver can open the windows for them.... and at that time THEY can start playing too"

3) would be nice to have "show me home headlights"

4) no "low screenwash" warning

5) Agree with the "wiper" niggles, both front and rear!

6) no rear "ashtray" - not for smokers, but as somwhere for rear passengers to put their rubbish (sweet wrappers, crisp packets etc!)

7) be nice to have RDS station information text display on the radio (i.e. showing programme names) - yes, I know it is slightly exotic, but it is still "nice to have" & is just a software function on the radio!

8) no "service due" indicator

But, still like the hybrid drive, the fuel economy, centre console space.

Park assist is a novelty - actually works in more situations than anticipated (though muck on the rear camera is a bit of a pain)

Not having a frost alarm really bothers you doesn't it? ;)

I am very pleased with my gen3 and have only 2 niggles. The rear view mirror is a bit too low for my liking and obstructs my view out of the windscreen; and the rear window wiper is a bit pointless. It clears the wrong side of the window and doesn't clear that much anyway. I don't really notice rattles and creaks because all of my previous cars have done that. I do notice that the Prius is a lot quieter than my previous cars.

Well, yes - the brochure said I was going to get one :angry: (along with dual zone aircon........)

but truthfully, yes, I do a reasonablbe mileage (2500 - 3000 miles/month) & don't want to get caught out by black ice! fortunately the brakes and traction control work rather well :D ;) :P :) so I'm not too worried!

On the topic of annoying trivia, though..... WHY have they put the rear wash function in both directions on the stalk switch? (i.e. turn clockwise, you get intermittent, full wipe, wash; turn anticlockwise you get wash) Every time I've tried to get the last dribble of water off the back window I've turned the switch in the wrong direction or just too far to give yet another shot of screenwash! D'OH :rolleyes:

Sorry Cabbie, some of your Grumpiness must have rubbed off!! :P

Yes, some of the gripes are superficial - but they all add up to the "customer experience". In essence, all cars are the same (box on wheels to get from A to B ) the subtle differences make the brand and differentiate betweeen different makes and models!

I would like to think Toyota takes notice of the feedback, however superficial some of our gripes might seem. I took some time to think about what I put in my feedback form (the issues I outlined here all went on it) and I hope this will help identify possible improvements for future models.

I've had my T3 for four months now and am as pleased with it now as the day I took delivery. Some things I commented on have got easier, for example operating the foot-operated parking brake is now second nature; some things I still find tricky, for example changing driving mode requires taking my eyes off the road to find the correct button.

First time around I didn't comment on the centre console lid. Having lived with the car a bit more I think it could have been better designed with back seat passengers in mind - the way it slides back is impractical if you have a middle seat passenger/lots of stuff packed in the back and it then gets in the way should a passenger want access to the aux socket or the centre console storage bin.

Reading back through my notes it's interesting to note I didn't say anything to Toyota about the brakes, even though I experienced the infamous "braking loss" the day after I took delivery (as described here). I regarded it as a niggle and as it didn't happen again I didn't raise it.

BTW I'm with Dave R as far as the frost alarm is concerned - so that's at least two votes for that feature ;). The temperature display should at least be up near the clock IMO, like it is on my wife's Yaris for example.

I am very pleased with my gen3 and have only 2 niggles. The rear view mirror is a bit too low for my liking and obstructs my view out of the windscreen; and the rear window wiper is a bit pointless. It clears the wrong side of the window and doesn't clear that much anyway. I don't really notice rattles and creaks because all of my previous cars have done that. I do notice that the Prius is a lot quieter than my previous cars.

I had the same problem with the mirror until I discovered that it has two knuckle joints and can be adjusted vertically by a small amount by moving the joint nearest the windscreen.

Sorry Cabbie, some of your Grumpiness must have rubbed off!! :P

Oh I really hope so :lol:

I miss the electronic mirrors that were on my Avensis the most. I would also like an automatic dipping mirror.

I had the same problem with the mirror until I discovered that it has two knuckle joints and can be adjusted vertically by a small amount by moving the joint nearest the windscreen.

Thanks for the info. Will give that a go.

I would also like an automatic dipping mirror.

They have them in the USA but the rear spoiler casts a shadow over the light sensor so they don't always auto dim correctly.

Thanks for the info. Will give that a go.

It worked.

The other knuckle joint is so stiff that you don't know it is there.

Was not easy to move but now the mirror is about an inch and a bit higher.

Not ideal but a vast improvement.

Many thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links