ccvrs

Now on my 5th for my 56 plate Yaris

Front / Rear Headrests

Airbags may not deploy fully.

Seatbelt pretensioner

Steering Column

Now the pedal fiasco.

Add this to failed 1st MOT

1.4 d4d is superb though, just a little worried about long term.

Front / Rear Headrests

Seatbelt pretensioner

Steering Column

Now the pedal fiasco.

Don't you think that it is great that Toyota are making sure that your Yaris is always in top condition?

Would you rather that they left you and your car to deteriorate and not provide technical updates?

Most motor manufacturers have recalled one or many of their models over the years.

The difference is that Toyota have done so publicly and not tried to keep the recalls under wraps like some other manufacturers :rolleyes:

Front / Rear Headrests

Seatbelt pretensioner

Steering Column

Now the pedal fiasco.

Hi, Re. 1st MOT what did it fail on?

There have been 6 recalls to the Yaris (according to VOSA) in ten years

As Red Yaris 54 says, Toyota don't cover such things up and are willing to recall vehicles

The actual repair rate for Toyota recalls is over 93% one of the highest rates in the industry which shows that Toyota do contact their customers in order to make the necessary repairs. Compare that to the white goods industry of only 20% and you can see how commited they are to providing a quality service

Kingo :thumbsup:

There have been 6 recalls to the Yaris (according to VOSA) in ten years

As Red Yaris 54 says, Toyota don't cover such things up and are willing to recall vehicles

The actual repair rate for Toyota recalls is over 93% one of the highest rates in the industry which shows that Toyota do contact their customers in order to make the necessary repairs. Compare that to the white goods industry of only 20% and you can see how commited they are to providing a quality service

How do you equate the quality of service regarding white goods compared to cars??:)

My washing machine is 15 years old and has never missed a beat.

How do you equate the quality of service regarding white goods compared to cars??:)

My washing machine is 15 years old and has never missed a beat.

Your washing machine has not done as many miles as your car :P ;) :lol:

I'm confused....

According to both the DVLA website and also the AA's website, there have only been three official recalls for the new model Yaris, including this latest pedal issue - headreasts, seatbelt pre-tensioners and accelerator pedal.

I don't doubt ccvrs's post above but what I don't understand is why only some recalls appear on the official recalls website.

I know that my 2008 SR had a formal recall to upgrade the sat nav software, as it kept crashing. Both our Yarii got the official recall letters and we got chased up by our dealer to get it done....

What I don't understand is why there's no mention of that on the recalls database?

It maybe that some recalls are classed as "safety related" and only those get listed by DVLA - but all of ccvrs's list seem to be safety related...

Can anyone explain or point to any other source of recall info that is complete?

There are two different types of what people call "Recall's"

1: Safety recall where the manufacturer declares a safety item must be replaced

2: Special service campaigns, not safety critical but desirable to have a componant replaced or inspected

Two typical examples in the news today, the accelerator RECALL on Toyota models, and the SPECIAL SERVICE CAMPAIGN on Prius brakes. Letters have been sent out inviting people to have vehicles inspected on both campaigns, but both are classed differently by VOSA. You might say that the Prius brake issue is safety critical, it isnt according to VOSA, at no time have the Prius brakes failed, it is a software update only.

James Belfast

How do you equate the quality of service regarding white goods compared to cars??

I don't equate the quality of the two products at all, what I'm saying is you can have a kettle with a dodgy wiring problem that can burn your house down, but the effort to recall the product is very limited. You might see a sign in the retailers window inviting you to return it. Toyota go to extreme lengths to recall a product, of which over 93% will be inspected/repaired

The first 4 items were VOSA, but done in two hits, both were doubled up, what concerns me is that it's all safety equipment bar the pedal issue.

Anyway still love the 55mpg and leather seats.

I agree with parts-king.

Toyota will do a recall where it may even be remotely necessary - compare that to Renault with the Clio bonnets.......