Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Tourer D4d T3x

4raver

Hi there everyone, sorry I have not posted for a while but I have been very busy with everything, not least my new car...my 56 plate Tourer Estate is a peach...loving every minute of this car, yep it has one or two little niggles but all in all it is a very good motor...took it to France at Christmas...27 hours on the motorway from Manchester to Folkestone and it was surprisingly comfortable and we managed with a couple of plastic bottles and some bum tightening exercises..lol..and it gave over 50 to the gallon of Diesel at motorway speeds (when we could ice permitting)...never failed me yet...looks the dogs bits and drives oh so smooth....ok now to the niggles....first one is a nasty groaning noise from the induction when on overrun and sometimes on low throttle...sounds like something is not quite connected or loose....the other is a slight nock or bump when cold with the clutch pedal held down out of gear waiting to move off...if you let the clutch pedal up without selecting a gear there is a slight bump or nock...when warm it dissapears.....is the top cover on the engine simply held on with grommets or do I have to undo bolts etc...I want to check to see that the induction is all connected before I take it to Toyota for further investigation....anyway loving my return to Toyota, should never have sold the Rav4...god I miss that car.

Hi there everyone, sorry I have not posted for a while but I have been very busy with everything, not least my new car...my 56 plate Tourer Estate is a peach...loving every minute of this car, yep it has one or two little niggles but all in all it is a very good motor...took it to France at Christmas...27 hours on the motorway from Manchester to Folkestone and it was surprisingly comfortable and we managed with a couple of plastic bottles and some bum tightening exercises..lol..and it gave over 50 to the gallon of Diesel at motorway speeds (when we could ice permitting)...never failed me yet...looks the dogs bits and drives oh so smooth....ok now to the niggles....first one is a nasty groaning noise from the induction when on overrun and sometimes on low throttle...sounds like something is not quite connected or loose....the other is a slight nock or bump when cold with the clutch pedal held down out of gear waiting to move off...if you let the clutch pedal up without selecting a gear there is a slight bump or nock...when warm it dissapears.....is the top cover on the engine simply held on with grommets or do I have to undo bolts etc...I want to check to see that the induction is all connected before I take it to Toyota for further investigation....anyway loving my return to Toyota, should never have sold the Rav4...god I miss that car.

Howdo Raver,

Toyota had a repair or "field fix" for your inductiodn roar / vibration problem. Look under my previous posts on Avensis Forum, as I can't remember what I headed it under, probably "induction roar" itself. Mine was fixed dead easy at no charge with some sound deadening tape at the air intake hose, coming from the wheel arch apparently. Any probs let me know and I will look too.

Big Kev.

Howdo Raver,

Toyota had a repair or "field fix" for your inductiodn roar / vibration problem. Look under my previous posts on Avensis Forum, as I can't remember what I headed it under, probably "induction roar" itself. Mine was fixed dead easy at no charge with some sound deadening tape at the air intake hose, coming from the wheel arch apparently. Any probs let me know and I will look too.

Big Kev.

good look ill give you six months before you will have to take it in for engine management light,just like the rest of us

Hi mate nice to hear a good story, not many on here lately. The top cover, just get a good grip and it pulls off, it is very flexible so it won't break, needs a good knock to get it back on afterwards.

Regards Pete.

Thanks for the heads up...the car has a good warranty from Toyota and it will be extended in September...my local Toyota have always given me a fair deal and knowing they have lots of problems on their hands at the moment I will live with it for a while...but I will let them know. Thanks again.

• 9 months later...

Howdo Raver,

Big Kev.

You were right, the dashboard lit up and the car went into limp home mode...toyota diagnosed a broken EGR valve and replaced it, the car has been fine since....good old warranty! I just love this car it ticks all the boxes for me, comfortable, economical, roomy and reliable....the best bit is that I qualify for the budget service plan because I do less than 6000 miles a year...did I say I love this car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links