Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C160 Question...

amirrzz

im confused....i own a yaris with 1nzfe, and intend to change the gearbox to c160 (levin 6 speed), how is this modification related to modifying my driveshaft?

So if I understand this right, you had a 1.3 engine and you've just fitted the 1NZFE 1.5 engine (from a T Sport model) - and now you want to fit the latest six speed gearbox to that engine.

I'm not sure that anyone here will be able to help...

Firstly, the new six speed gearbox (new for 2009) has never been fitted as standard to the 1.3 or 1.5 engines - it came with a new 1.33 engine - so the 1NZFE 1.5 engine and 6-speed gearbox may not mate together easily.

Also, the 1.33 engine and 6-speed gearbox comes with an integral stop/start system. The starter motor, flywheel and electrical connections could be very different between the two and may not be an easy job to merge.

It would be a very interesting project and we'd love to hear how you get on, but I suspect there's no one here who can help with info before you start....

No, i think he wants to fit the 6 speed levin (4age 20v blacktop) gearbox.

There's only one person that's remotely done anything like that, his name is turboecho2005 on most forums (echo drivers/yaris world/ yaris club uk etc...)

He actually did an engine swap with the levin engine, so should know if they are compatible.

Earpl always used to say the new celica 140 box might fit...

• 2 weeks later...

to minidoughty:

yea you are right..i intend to use the c160 transmission from corolla 4age BT.... i checked with the local tuner and he told me that my 1.3 gearbox is in the same transmission series c54 (if im not mistaken), but then he mentioned something about changing my driveshaft which as far as im concernd, has nothing to do with the transmission...

the tuner told me that he needs sometime to ask his friend at toyota...

worst case scenario, i might change my engine to 1zzfe + c160 transmission since my aim is to get 160whp-170whp NA...im still not sure..any feedback will be much appreciated

im confused....i own a yaris with 1nzfe, and intend to change the gearbox to c160 (levin 6 speed), how is this modification related to modifying my driveshaft?

Check this out

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f28/2zz-ge-head-swap-14428.html

BTW I own a 1NZFE with a mated C160 (4age trans). I bought the hole engine and trans from canada. Driveshafts match perfectly.

Check this out

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f28/2zz-ge-head-swap-14428.html

BTW I own a 1NZFE with a mated C160 (4age trans). I bought the hole engine and trans from canada. Driveshafts match perfectly.

did u use the same 1nzfe bellhousing and transfer all the gearkit (from c160) to our original transmission or

did u just simply take the 6 speed transmission from c160 and match it with the 1nzfe? to make the driveshaft perfectly fit.....

how about the position of the stick? do we need to move it abit backward and cut all the plastic near the shift?

lol can i still use my trd short shift (5-speed 1nzfe short shift) for the 6-speed application?

sorry for all the questions man, its just i need to calculate everything before i change anything... parts from japan are getting pricey nowadays

btw thanks for all the info man :)

If I remember correctly (about a year and half ago) there were some modifications the seller done to the C160 to match the block but I am not sure what it was.

The thing I am sure is that the shifter and the trans cables remain the same so you can keep your trd short shifter :)

I will check with the seller about the mods and update you accordingly

If I remember correctly (about a year and half ago) there were some modifications the seller done to the C160 to match the block but I am not sure what it was.

The thing I am sure is that the shifter and the trans cables remain the same so you can keep your trd short shifter :)

I will check with the seller about the mods and update you accordingly

life and money saver!!! thank you very much!! i would really appreciate it man!!!! :D :D :D

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links