Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Rav 4

duncerduncs

I'm not really that bothered about the looks (looks OK).

More concerned with spare wheel, improved interior and how good is that auto diesel?

Is it a complete new vehicle (in which case it's bound to be longer) or just an upgrade?

I'd forget about spare wheels for good if I were you! One way of improving fuel consumption and knock on emmissions is to chuck out a few Kilo's of spare wheel (and it saves a few bob as well)! I even suspect that the new XT-R wheel is lighter than the pre 09 wheel as there are more holes in. It looks OK but I bet they are a bggr to clean especially for a fusspot like me (if you think I am bad you should see shcm's - you could eat off the inside of them never mind the bit you can see!!!).

The changes to the exterior come too soon after the introduction of new and modified engines for it to be much of a new model. I think those changes would have gone together if manufacturing timings would have allowed it. If you look it is little more than a bumper (got a little air dam thing going on there) and headlights. The wing might be a bit different but these kinds of running changes can be done quite cheaply while making the car look quite different. It is changes to floorpan, Shell and running gear that are monumentally expensive so are more likely to pop up every 8 - 10 years. They are keeping the inside quiet for now - possibly because it isn't finalised and although it is less of a job to change a dashboard than the items above I still wouldn't expect too much. Maybe they have gone after Honda and got us some illuminated switches! Maybe those sleek little headlights are xenon???

Maybe as I suspect it is the catch up makeover that should have gone with last years revisions. Is Nissan or one of the others due a new SUV which has inspired the timing of this change?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Parts-King

• duncerduncs

• anchorman

• MarsKy

Maybe as I suspect it is the catch up makeover that should have gone with last years revisions. Is Nissan or one of the others due a new SUV which has inspired the timing of this change?

They're all at it: late 2009 had the new Mazda CX7. There's a new 2010 Honda CRV and Kia Sorento.

Ummmm… taking in consideration the lost opportunity of what it could have been … I’ve changed my mind now. :) If I had it my way, it would definitely be that blue one in Dave's post. Now, that’s one good lookin’ car!

I'm turning into Little Britain here.... Don’t like it… I want that one! :)

Although it could be worse… it could have looked like

this one :sick:

(if you think I am bad you should see shcm's - you could eat off the inside of them never mind the bit you can see!!!).

You wouldn't want to at the moment. Then again, "you've got to eat a bit of dirt before you die" apparently :rolleyes: and I've never got the hang of stopping the gravy running away through the gaps between the spokes :P

I dunno, that sky blue one posted looks a bit camp...

must be a 3 door RAV owners thing? :lol:

:D

on a serious note, it looks a bit dull and docile... where as the first one at least looked aggressive and interesting. The sky blue one looks far too much like the current style to me personally. :)

Well, I for one quite like it. Must be a youth thing...

Nah, I'm probably one of the younger on here and think it is 'orrible - another germanic clone...

I like my 4.2 - my stylish go anywhere do anything rucksack on wheels, despite the rear door (how can Suzuki solve it and Toyota can't?)

• 1 month later...

You would have thought for a motorshow they would have blinged it up a bit - style pack, protective pack, etc. And the innards looks bland. Moustache grill doesn't work for me (reminds me of Pringles). Does have Geolander tyres though.

But decision made: I was holding out to see what 2010 would bring - now I'm sticking with my old T180.

Edit: regarding threads on wanting back lit switches - if a company like Kia can give back lit switches and console surrounds with mood lighting so you can actually change the colour of the back lighting, then Toyota should be able to do a better driver's cabin.

Well I was not going to wait for the new model and just got the existing one on 1st. March.

Don't know what I think of the redesigned one yet and whether I should have waited. I'm not to sure on the front but on first looks I'm not to keen.

I didn't find out about the face lift until after I had ordered the new on but I had a buyer waiting for mine so had to go with it. We'll get some details of the interior soon and then we can decide if we should have waited! :thumbsup:

And more: RAV4 2011

Edit: And it discusses the D-4D 180 engine. Is it coming back? Or is it going to be a non-UK spec?

And more: RAV4 2011

Edit: And it discusses the D-4D 180 engine. Is it coming back? Or is it going to be a non-UK spec?

The 177bhp D-CAT engine is still available in Europe. It's up to Toyota GB whether they bring it to the UK, it seems TGB don't like that engine too much as they've removed from the Auris and Avensis ranges as well.

Personally i don't see the point of a 180bhp diesel when they have a strong 150 engine now.

Before, yes it made sense with the old 130bhp diesels in Rav4 / Auris etc

They should make an eco diesel and keep the 150. It pulls well and is more economical. If they want to add a wildcard diesel they should tune it to 200bhp+, maybe install twin turbo's. However i know they won't bother for various reasons. I believe toyota have learn't some valuable lessons on "performance" models in recent years. They just don't sell.

Personally i would have been happy with either the current facelift or the summer facelift. Apart from the grill and bonnet they look the same. The summer/2011 car is just a current RAV4 / vanguard front just bringing it more in-line and consistent with the SUV/4X4/LC range.

To be honest I do like the 2010 Rav. Idon,t think they will bring out the SR180 version as it is so bad on fuel consumption.Iwas looking to swop my X3 for a X1 later this year but I think I will wait and see what this new Rav looks and drives. With the price of fuel ever increasing Toyota will have to get it spot on with this new model. The new Nissan Juke and new Mitizi 2 and 4 wheel drive versions are just waiting in the wings so after the waste of space model they brought out called the Urbancruiser, it is to be hoped they get there sums right.The front end is an absolute steal from the latest model Subaru Tribeca, which I don,t think they bother with over in the UK.

Regards Clare

after the waste of space model they brought out called the Urbancruiser

Uh oh - you dare to taunt Parts-King?

No taunt Marsky, just believe they got it totally wrong with the spec and pricing of the U/C.The Nissan Juke will totally bury it!!!!!

Regards Clare

:lol: I happen to drive one at the moment and it's not a bad car, but it is NOT a RAV and never will be! I have no idea how they justify 15K for it, it is a Yaris on steroids thats all :D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

:lol: I happen to drive one at the moment and it's not a bad car, but it is NOT a RAV and never will be! I have no idea how they justify 15K for it, it is a Yaris on steroids thats all :D: :D: :D:

Perhaps some good discounts looming, as well as the 5 year warranty.

5 Year warranty or 3 years free servicing on everything at the moment, good low rate finance deals too, this could turn into a advert for Toyota cars :sick:

Kingo is yours petrol or diesel? Have driven the petrol version and was not impressed!!!! Our main dealer on the IOM only has a petrol demo would you believe and he has sold more diesel ones than petrol( he has to borrow a customers if you want a test-drive)

Regards Clare

Kingo is yours petrol or diesel? Have driven the petrol version and was not impressed!!!! Our main dealer on the IOM only has a petrol demo would you believe and he has sold more diesel ones than petrol( he has to borrow a customers if you want a test-drive)

Regards Clare

I'm sure he's driving the petrol version.

Toyota missed a trick by not bringing the 2 wheel drive diesel over here as well. It has a CO2 of 118 g/km and would be priced between the current petrol 2 wheel drive and diesel 4 wheel drive, but what do I know :lol:

Our main dealer on the IOM only has a petrol demo would you believe and he has sold more diesel ones than petrol( he has to borrow a customers if you want a test-drive)

Claire, I drove a diesel one and to be honest thought it was bone shakingly hard over uneven roads. Nothing like the Yaris on which it is based. Perhaps they've had to stiffen things up a bit to deal with the 4x4 system/extra weight. Wish I'd had the presence of mind to check the tyre pressures at the time.

Also thought the 1.4 diesel wasn't quite the engine for the extra weight compared with the Yaris. Probably needs something like a 2.0l for a bit of extra grunt. Again, I find the same 1.4 diesel fine in the Yaris.

Hey Duncs.

What colour next time???

Hey Duncs.

What colour next time???

Astral Black :thumbsup: