Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen3 Brake Recall - You Had Yours Done Yet?

Grumpy Cabbie

Well, car's been in for its 10k service and they did the recall software update. Too early yet to say if it works or not but will assume it has.

So, who else out there has had the recall done on their car and has it worked? :unsure:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fujisan

• Ikelos

• Toyota PR

• wooski

I have heard nothing :(

I got the original letter but then nothing. I rang my dealer a few days ago and arranged it. They'll do it while you wait tho they say it could take up to 45 minutes (which is fair enough, tho it actually takes minutes once someone is on the car).

Here's a link to a test of the brakes you might find interesting.

All About Prius 2010 brake test

Ikelos,

I am surprised you have not had a letter yet. Is your present address the same as that for registered keeper? (i.e. have you moved house recently?).

If you're worried/concerned please call your dealer.

Scott

So, who else out there has had the recall done on their car and has it worked? :unsure:

I'll get it done sometime, when I have a minute.

:newyear:

:lol:

Still not heard a thing.

Spoke to dealer last week (Cheltenham) , said software update had corrupted their machine - Will get back to me.

I wont hold my breath

Here's a link to a test of the brakes you might find interesting.

All About Prius 2010 brake test

Ikelos,

I am surprised you have not had a letter yet. Is your present address the same as that for registered keeper? (i.e. have you moved house recently?).

If you're worried/concerned please call your dealer.

Scott

I've not had the letter either. It was just coincidence that my service was due today and they just did the recall update at the same time.

yes, nothing has changed, it will come in due course :unsure:

I can afford to wait a while, without going into too many details, starting next monday I have an appointment at St Thomas's hospital every day for 27 days, so if I have not heard by the time that is up I will chase them up........

yes, nothing has changed, it will come in due course :unsure:

I can afford to wait a while, without going into too many details, starting next monday I have an appointment at St Thomas's hospital every day for 27 days, so if I have not heard by the time that is up I will chase them up........

Original letter day after the recall, but nothing further from the dealer or anyone else to suggest scheduling it. It doesn't overly worry me, suspect too busy with accelerator pedals. That said, if for whatever reason I don't hear any more, I'll be mighty annoyed.

Good luck :thumbsup: Get well soon. :doctor:

Got my Prius software updated on Monday - took 40 mins and got my IQ2 pedal recall fixed yesterday - took an hour.

I drive regularly over Marylebone bridge in London and when u come down from the west side, there is a pothole, the brake issue could be reproduced there on my Prius consistently. Had the software updated on Monday and last night drove through there and couldnt reproduce the problem - so it does appear that it is fixed.

Got my Prius software updated on Monday - took 40 mins and got my IQ2 pedal recall fixed yesterday - took an hour.

I drive regularly over Marylebone bridge in London and when u come down from the west side, there is a pothole, the brake issue could be reproduced there on my Prius consistently. Had the software updated on Monday and last night drove through there and couldnt reproduce the problem - so it does appear that it is fixed.

I would just like to add that while I was able to reproduce the problem earlier on my Prius - it was in no way drastic as it is stated in the press. The brakes used to get released for about a fraction of a second - probably half a second or so and immediately they used to come back on. I have come down that bridge doing 50MPH at night and braking when i was coming down the bridge and it used to release the brake and catch again - nothing majorly drastic. The software update has fixed the problem.

Driven the car for about a day now since the recall update and I do believe they have fixed it. Hit a drain cover coming down a hill towards some traffic lights and nothing :) It would always do it on this drain cover. I also notice that the brakes appear to have more 'bite'. Anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination?

Fujisan................Thank you, I am sure it will be alright in the end.

That's the ticket....positive outlook and attitude :thumbsup:

Driven the car for about a day now since the recall update and I do believe they have fixed it. Hit a drain cover coming down a hill towards some traffic lights and nothing :) It would always do it on this drain cover. I also notice that the brakes appear to have more 'bite'. Anyone else noticed this or is it just my imagination?

Great to hear the software has done the job. :toast:

Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

We try to de-dupe the letter list.

So, if you have had your car done before you got a letter, you won't get a letter. (Makes sense, I think)

VOSA has asked us to concentrate on older cars first so if you have a new car it might be a week or two before you get your letter. If worried at all call your dealer or our hotline.

We try to de-dupe the letter list.

So, if you have had your car done before you got a letter, you won't get a letter. (Makes sense, I think)

VOSA has asked us to concentrate on older cars first so if you have a new car it might be a week or two before you get your letter. If worried at all call your dealer or our hotline.

Still waiting on my second letter, bought car on 03 Sep, so thing that makes it one of the first in the UK.

Not overly worried about the brakes, its a prius quirk.

Did register on the toyota website a few days ago and anticipate a call from chosen dealer soon. Just entered reg no and it confirmed the need to recall.

Kev

Forgive me for adding this little story here, but this is the most current of the 'brake' threads. ;)

Took the lad to a local NT property yesterday for a walk/run around the parkland.

When we drove up to the little hut at the entrance of the car park, the NT volunteer checking membership cards joked "I didn't think you we're going to stop, with your no brakes, under brakes, over brakes thing".

"No" I replied "the only thing I've got is 55 miles per gallon"*.

That wiped the silly grin of his face. ;)

*Which was the reading on the Trip A gauge at that time

I got mine done this morning having emailed the dealer after receiving the first letter. Took an hour overall but the car had been valeted as well. The dealer was Coxon of Henley-on-Thames

I can't say I notice any difference under normal gentle braking and to keep the braking in the regen zone seems to be very similar to before regarding pedal pressure. I only ever experienced the brake effect once and that was a non-event. It occurred whilst gently braking at about 20mph and running one wheel over a manhole. It lasted less than half a second and just felt as if the car had hopped forward a little.

Having heard nothing, I gave them a ring this morning, booked in for the 11th March...................

can someone tell me..................., do they replace anything, or just upgrade what is already there. thanks

Mines also booked in for next week.

Took about 4 calls to the dealer though.