• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jjj_aygo

• Number1Norton

• Angryhatter

• AygoFast

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

K&N 57i can't go wrong when paired with a decent exhaust system... there are other induction kits but I don't know much about them!

K&N 57i can't go wrong when paired with a decent exhaust system... there are other induction kits but I don't know much about them!

Is that an open air one or like a viper one thats enclosed. I know with the MINI, open cones dont work well as the absorb heat from the engine, is this the case witht the Aygo? As for exhaust system, i think its just the back box thats different on mine, the TTE?

Yes its open air, under bonnet temperatures are a good discussion point and there may be a slight difference in where you place the cone filter... for example just above the water pump area gets marginally hotter than the top where the original airbox is situated, but these engines won't really suffer from heat soaking as there is a relatively large amount of air movement over it. So long as you fit the air ducting hose from the front grill to direct cold air from outside to the intake, you don't need to worry about it being an open air unit!

AFAIK the TTE system doesn't provide better aspiration so won't make much of a difference in comparison to a full exhaust system.

My mods so far:

Longer rear wiper

New front wiper

De-badged rear

4 LED sidelights

OSRAM nightbreaker headlights

TRD Emblems

Exhaust trim (still in warranty so no full system yet)

Tinted Headlights, indicators and upper break light

Neon in car lighting

FUTURE MODS:

Sunstrip and the odd decal

Balance Motorsport Blistein dampers and apex springs

Balance Motorsport full exhaust system

Chrome indicator bulbs

Eyebrows

Nippon Bodykit or just spoiler

K&N 57i induction kit...

Do you have a picture of you engine bay with your induction kit? And do i spy a centre exit exhaust??

Do you have a picture of you engine bay with your induction kit? And do i spy a centre exit exhaust??

IMG_0910.jpg

yup it is stainless steel exhaust

jjj you got a vid of your exhaust n engine sound?

Exactly what i was going to ask. I want and induction kit, but also exhaust.

Am thinking maybe new exhasut but keep the TTE exhaust tip to keep it looking standard. What do you guys think?

Will post a vid up when I get home... Yea I think the tte tailpiece looks cool... Not exactly standard though... If you really wanted to have the element of surprise then don't have a tailpiece at all make it look completely standard! Then blow everyone off with ur new found +7 BHP! Haha.

Is it worth the money to sound louder and not go very much quicker ?

what do you base the 'not going any quicker' on? I found the difference really noticeable once freeing up the cars breathing.

Below are videos of induction kit and exhaust... note that my silencer is the old design which has been updated to last longer and keep exhaust note quieter!

Anyone know how to embed youtube videos on here?!

Edited by jjj_aygo

what do you base the 'not going any quicker' on? I found the difference really noticeable once freeing up the cars breathing.

Below are videos of induction kit and exhaust... note that my silencer is the old design which has been updated to last longer and keep exhaust note quieter!

really like both!

Place the share code from You Tube in the middle of the centre brackets :thumbsup:

Would you say that both of them together work better?