Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Creaky Clutch Pedal

DodgyKnee

Hello All,

For the past couple of months I have, just about every Saturday, been lying in the footwell of my Avensis smearing grease on any spring or moveable bit associated with the clutch pedal on the inside. No matter what I did, nor how many times, the awful creaking sound/rubbing feel just wouldn't go. Anyway, a couple of days ago, having realised that it was the clutch master cylinder for quite some time but not wanting to believe it (£111 just for the part, never mind having to fit it myself) I held the master clinder while my wife pumped (steady boys!) the clutch pedal - it was clunking as the piston inside moved. Always having been a bit mean and unwilling to spend more than absolutely necessary, I sellotaped two WD40 red pipey things together, pushed the clutch pedal and squirted loads of white lithium grease through the bulkhead and into the master cylinder from inside the car. What a transformation!! Smooth, quiet gearchanges. I was getting so fed up with how annoying the car was to drive that I have been trying to think about what to get next, but now it feels like a different car.

Hello All,

For the past couple of months I have, just about every Saturday, been lying in the footwell of my Avensis smearing grease on any spring or moveable bit associated with the clutch pedal on the inside. No matter what I did, nor how many times, the awful creaking sound/rubbing feel just wouldn't go. Anyway, a couple of days ago, having realised that it was the clutch master cylinder for quite some time but not wanting to believe it (£111 just for the part, never mind having to fit it myself) I held the master clinder while my wife pumped (steady boys!) the clutch pedal - it was clunking as the piston inside moved. Always having been a bit mean and unwilling to spend more than absolutely necessary, I sellotaped two WD40 red pipey things together, pushed the clutch pedal and squirted loads of white lithium grease through the bulkhead and into the master cylinder from inside the car. What a transformation!! Smooth, quiet gearchanges. I was getting so fed up with how annoying the car was to drive that I have been trying to think about what to get next, but now it feels like a different car.

......and now you've also got a dodgy neck!

Big Kev :thumbsup:

• 8 years later...
On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2010 at 8:29 PM, DodgyKnee said:

Hello All,

I just used your tip today to cure the creaking pedal, thank you!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links