Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ordered New Prius - 1 Question Though

Fluffy01016

Good evening all. I've ordered my new T3 Prius today as a Compnay Car and I did have one question. Where are the 2 power outlets located for charging mobile phones and sat navs'?? Was the one thing I forgot to look at when I test drove one and I'm thinking about where to position the cable for my Tomtom. In addition to this question, is there any advice or tips for a new owner of a Prius??

Many thanks and I look forward to speaking to you all more

Fluffy

Good evening all. I've ordered my new T3 Prius today as a Compnay Car and I did have one question. Where are the 2 power outlets located for charging mobile phones and sat navs'?? Was the one thing I forgot to look at when I test drove one and I'm thinking about where to position the cable for my Tomtom. In addition to this question, is there any advice or tips for a new owner of a Prius??

Many thanks and I look forward to speaking to you all more

Fluffy

One is in the little cubby hole under the gear stick and the other is under the lid in the center storage box between the front seats.

Tips and advice?

Drive the car like a normal car and enjoy. One main tip is in the Green Basic Operation manual you get with the car under the 'For Better Driving' section. When depressing the accelerator pedal and you have reached the required speed, release the accelerator pedal and then gently depress it again. This increases the use of the electric motor and helps with fuel economy.

It's a quiet and relaxing car to drive. Nice and light and economical. You should love it and if you have any queries or problems then post it on here and someone will be happy to help.

I use mine as a cab and am already upto 10,000 miles and love it and my customers love it too. I use a Tomtom and would be lost without it. Infact I had the cable hard wired into the car when I had my meter installed. That way the cable isn't hanging all over the dash/steering wheel etc. I guess it depends how long you spend in your car as to whether this would be useful for you. Perhaps ask the main dealer for a price?

I don't have a TomTom but I do have a GPS camera detector. It's mounted slightly off-centre on the top of the dash with the cable running down and into the cubby. You can only see maybe 6 to 8 inches of the cable so not too bad. The other socket is in the armrest so is ideal for charging a phone with it in the tray that comes with the armrest

I seem to recall that the two outlets have different power ratings?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links