Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Accelerator Pedal Fix

TruBlu

Has anyone had the modification done to their Auris accelerator pedal yet?

After registering my car as having the fault, my Toyota dealer is supposed to contact me regarding the mod. I've had the usual correspondance from Toyota UK stating what has already been said, but absolutely nothing from my Toyota dealer.

And what is it with Toyota's quality these days? I've had the car just 9 months and in that time I've had:

Rattles in dash

Rattles in B pillars

Squeeking brakes

door mirror control illumination lights failing

Demisting problems

Easily marked plastics in the interior

Squeeking clutch pedal

And now the accelerator problem

I had a Corolla for 13 years with no problems - I doubt if this car will stay with me that long

TruBlu

I have got it sorted on Tuesday. I pushed for it as I wanted to get rid of my car ASAP. The car was back to the dealer every 2 weeks and despite the best effort some problems are still there ie. steering/suspension. All you have is some rattles and squeaks inside. I don't consider them being real faults :) I am going to trade my Auris tomorrow for a Lancer 09. I got really fed up with having a car just to drive it to Toyota garage.

And what is it with Toyota's quality these days? I've had the car just 9 months and in that time I've had:

Rattles in dash

Rattles in B pillars

Squeeking brakes

door mirror control illumination lights failing

Demisting problems

Easily marked plastics in the interior

Squeeking clutch pedal

And now the accelerator problem

I had a Corolla for 13 years with no problems - I doubt if this car will stay with me that long

TruBlu

Rattles in dash -- It's just an Auris thing, on all I have driven, and two I have owned they all have it, though some to a lesser extent.

Rattles in B pillars -- As above... Seriously!

Squeeking brakes -- As above...

door mirror control illumination lights failing -- Not seen this one yet, but there is time!

Demisting problems -- I guess thats why we have air-con as standard, because if you didn't you'd have windows dripping with condensation.

Easily marked plastics in the interior -- Another Auris thing, and it makes you wonder just how much testing went in to this product before release.

Squeeking clutch pedal -- My first (57) Auris had this, and could only ever be fixed for a couple of weeks at a time, the second (08) has been fine.

And now the accelerator problem -- Most of the Toyota range, has this one! ;)

I'm coming to the conclusion that most of the assembly staff must have moved from Longbridge (where MG Rovers were built) to the Auris assembly line! My only explanation for the modern day Allegro that Toyota are churning out from Burnaston.

I got the letter to make this maintenance. Last time because of the steering column my dealer called me I'm in no patience to call or go there so I might sort this later.

As for the reported problems well I have almost all. I don't consider the demisting a problem and didn't have any issues with the lights. I do have a click in my steering but I just quite went there 3 times they even replaced the all steering bar and nothing either is the steering wheel itself or something else either way just decided to ignore it. The clutch pedal noise they solved it on the 2nd try.

Now I have a bigger problem whenever I don't use my car for 1 full day sometimes even that is nor necessary maybe cold I don't know all I know is that when I start it up he starts making a noise similar to those cars when the rubber chain belt needs to be replaced but the car doesnt0 70000km yet and this suposed rubber belt is metal in toyotas and does not require maintenance. Also this goes away after a few seconds or when I put him into motion. Have to report this as well as the cup older which is making an horrible noise when I open/close it. The driver side was already replaced because of not opening properly now its the other one.

After registering my car as having the fault, my Toyota dealer is supposed to contact me regarding the mod. I've had the usual correspondance from Toyota UK stating what has already been said, but absolutely nothing from my Toyota dealer.

Input my VIN into the updated Toyota webpage on Sunday 7th Feb. My car was identified as one that is affected. Had a phone call from the dealer I nominated on the afternoon of Tuesday 9th. Due to work commitments, etc, I have my Auris booked in for this Saturday (20th). The phone call was also supported by a text message from the dealer confirming the appointment, and I had a reminder text yesterday.

In the meantime have also had the recall letter from Toyota.

Hi , i had mine fixed yesterday , my dealers contacted me just under 1 week after i registered my car on the Toyota website , be patient your dealers will contact you , however the length of time depends on how busy your particular dealership is , my dealer told me that they are trying to deal with everyone just as quick as they can , when i arrived i could not even get a seat in the waiting area as it was full with people who were there for the pedal fix and although i was quoted an hour waiting time it took around an hour and a half , my car was still where i left it 30 minutes after i arrived , i was told though that they were running late when i arrived and that the delay was mainly because the valeters were running behind , basically after the pedal is fixed they give everyones car a free valet , and all in all i was very pleased with the overall treatment i received and i can positively report that my front floormats have been changed free of charge for mats with the correct anchor points for my car at first i was told that my mats had been removed and placed in the boot because they could not be anchored with toyota anchor clips because the holes did not line up with the holes in the carpet , they explained that the mats were probably made for an 07 plate auris , the anchor points on an 08 model are not in the same place and there in lies the fault , i explained that the mats were thrown in as part of my deal when i bought the car , so its not my fault , the very nice lady said that she would have a word with the manager , the outcome is that i now have 2 new front mats and the driver side mat is now anchored to the carpet , also my car was washed and cleaned , i was also given a £20 credit note that i can use towards any repair up untill december , plus a safety check report , plus toyota will post out a goodwill gesture in the form of a £20 marks & spencer voucher , so credit where credits due , all in all an excellent service of which i cannot fault ..... however my only gripe is that my accelerator pedal now feels light as a feather where as before it had a much firmer feel to it , i don't like the over light feel it now has , but i suppose its just a case of getting used to it

Rattles in dash -- It's just an Auris thing, on all I have driven, and two I have owned they all have it, though some to a lesser extent.

door mirror control illumination lights failing -- Not seen this one yet, but there is time!

Demisting problems -- I guess thats why we have air-con as standard, because if you didn't you'd have windows dripping with condensation.

Easily marked plastics in the interior -- Another Auris thing, and it makes you wonder just how much testing went in to this product before release.

Squeeking clutch pedal -- My first (57) Auris had this, and could only ever be fixed for a couple of weeks at a time, the second (08) has been fine.

I'm coming to the conclusion that most of the assembly staff must have moved from Longbridge (where MG Rovers were built) to the Auris assembly line! My only explanation for the modern day Allegro that Toyota are churning out from Burnaston.

I believe that the issues listed above by Andy may have a lot to do with the place your car is made.

I drive a 2006 JDM Auris (imported from Japan) which doesn't suffer of any rattles, the brakes are silent, the interior plastic panels are still unmarked after 26000 KM and two years of daily commuting. The demisting problems are there, but that also stands true for my wife's brand new Mercedes B 170.

I also checked if my car is affected by the gas pedal recall, but it seems that my car is equipped with a gas pedal made by Denso, so I am off hook about that issue too.

So it may be that quality of material used in the cars made in Japan is better than the stuff we get in Europe

I believe that the issues listed above by Andy may have a lot to do with the place your car is made.

I drive a 2006 JDM Auris (imported from Japan) which doesn't suffer of any rattles, the brakes are silent, the interior plastic panels are still unmarked after 26000 KM and two years of daily commuting. The demisting problems are there, but that also stands true for my wife's brand new Mercedes B 170.

I also checked if my car is affected by the gas pedal recall, but it seems that my car is equipped with a gas pedal made by Denso, so I am off hook about that issue too.

So it may be that quality of material used in the cars made in Japan is better than the stuff we get in Europe

Yes it may seem made in Japan still counts for something.

Romanocy,I also have a JDM 2006(oct) model and can back up all you say about the Japanese made models,similar odometer reading and still fine,so does seem that there is a quality difference between their home market and what is produced in Europe.

One thing,how did you discover your pedal was manufactured by Denso, is it possible to identify the differences or have you got a site in Japan where you can input your VIN into?

Hi,

yes, dealership rang me on Wednesday, took it in, 40 mins later fixed, along with full valet and wash/polish and an UNASKED for or expected £20 M&S gift voucher.

RMB Darlington YOU ARE THE BIZ.

Hopefully we can scrap this thread and dream up something more interesting to discuss.

Best wishes

Paul

Yes had the modification done on my 1.33 this morning. 40 minutes work, car washed and £ 25 voucher off next service.

Accelerator pedal does feel lighter and more friction free than before.

Hi , i had mine fixed yesterday , my dealers contacted me just under 1 week after i registered my car on the Toyota website , be patient your dealers will contact you , however the length of time depends on how busy your particular dealership is , my dealer told me that they are trying to deal with everyone just as quick as they can , when i arrived i could not even get a seat in the waiting area as it was full with people who were there for the pedal fix and although i was quoted an hour waiting time it took around an hour and a half , my car was still where i left it 30 minutes after i arrived , i was told though that they were running late when i arrived and that the delay was mainly because the valeters were running behind , basically after the pedal is fixed they give everyones car a free valet , and all in all i was very pleased with the overall treatment i received and i can positively report that my front floormats have been changed free of charge for mats with the correct anchor points for my car at first i was told that my mats had been removed and placed in the boot because they could not be anchored with toyota anchor clips because the holes did not line up with the holes in the carpet , they explained that the mats were probably made for an 07 plate auris , the anchor points on an 08 model are not in the same place and there in lies the fault , i explained that the mats were thrown in as part of my deal when i bought the car , so its not my fault , the very nice lady said that she would have a word with the manager , the outcome is that i now have 2 new front mats and the driver side mat is now anchored to the carpet , also my car was washed and cleaned , i was also given a £20 credit note that i can use towards any repair up untill december , plus a safety check report , plus toyota will post out a goodwill gesture in the form of a £20 marks & spencer voucher , so credit where credits due , all in all an excellent service of which i cannot fault ..... however my only gripe is that my accelerator pedal now feels light as a feather where as before it had a much firmer feel to it , i don't like the over light feel it now has , but i suppose its just a case of getting used to it

MrT in your neck of the woods seems great!!!! never had any of my three toyotas washed by WBK toyota!!!did get a car cleaning kit when they remapped ECU, car kit works better than remapping tho, doubt very much if my skinflints will give us anything!!!!

Romanocy,I also have a JDM 2006(oct) model and can back up all you say about the Japanese made models,similar odometer reading and still fine,so does seem that there is a quality difference between their home market and what is produced in Europe.

One thing,how did you discover your pedal was manufactured by Denso, is it possible to identify the differences or have you got a site in Japan where you can input your VIN into?

:-) In a very vulgar way: I looked under the dashboard :-)

Honestly, look under the dashboard, where the gas pedal assembly is, and look at the gas pedal box, you will be able to see that is the word DENSO stamped on it, it should look like in the photo bellow (sorry for the photo quality, but is made with a cell phone)

post-90580-1266794669_thumb.jpg

Honestly, look under the dashboard, where the gas pedal assembly is, and look at the gas pedal box, you will be able to see that is the word DENSO stamped on it, it should look like in the photo bellow (sorry for the photo quality, but is made with a cell phone)

Will be having a look later today,thanks for the info and the pic is fine, Dunc.

Will be having a look later today,thanks for the info and the pic is fine, Dunc.

Just checked the pedal mechanism and I come up with the same as you except for the last number,mine is, 11H27A00267,I assume the difference is the production line number and maybe mine came off later,so it confirms that the home models are using different parts,logistically it makes sense,but its the old story of compromise where Europe is concerned.

Just checked the pedal mechanism and I come up with the same as you except for the last number,mine is, 11H27A00267,I assume the difference is the production line number and maybe mine came off later,so it confirms that the home models are using different parts,logistically it makes sense,but its the old story of compromise where Europe is concerned.

Just found this page on the net, don't know if live links are allowed,so I,m sure a mod will alter if not,

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/why-toyot...or-denso-pedal/

Food for thought,but would think the fix is long term otherwise Toyota would be shooting themselves in the foot, Dunc.

I've only just recieved my letter telling me to book in to get the pedal looked at, so I'll be doing that ASAP!

I bought my Auris back in November, 58 plate. I really like the car in comparison to the Peugeot 206 I had before. But that said, I doubt I'd buy another Toyota. Not because of the car, but because of the service I received.

When I bought the car, all the promises of fixing the scratches, the alloy kerbing, replace the missing parcel shelf, steering pulling to the left etc where never done. The guy I was dealing with admitted this to me, told me Toyaot pride themselves on theeir after service care and told me he was going on holiday for a week but he'd call me when he got back to sort it as well as a little gift and a full tank of petrol. 2 weeks passed by, no call. I tried calling him on a few occasions, with the receptionist telling everytime that he was busy or had a day off. It took 4 weeks to get hold of him and by this point he'd forgotten who I was!!! Anyway, I eventually got it booked and spent a week driving an IQ :( After getting my car back, the scratches were done, alloys sorted but still no parcel shelf and still pulling to the left. Called them back up, apparently when testing it, they couldn't feeling it pulling and told me it was standard for safety to stop drifting to the opposite side of the road. That makes sense, but not to this extent...If I ws to let go of the wheel, it'd shove my into the kerb! I've driven Rovers, Peugeots, Mercedes, Vauxhalls, BMWs, Fords...(some being famlily cars, some test drives) none of these cars pull this excessively! I'll be taking it to the local garage to check the tracking soon. Now the parcel shelf...Bought the car November and still don't have one! I've called so many times now, repeatedly told the guy will return my call...I'm still waiting! And I never got that gift or tank of petrol!

Love the car...

Hate the service...

Think I'll be going to Audi next!

Sorry to rant, but wondered if anyone else recieved this kind of service?

Something seems to be missing from the wide ranging discussions on sticking accelerator pedals - details of the electronics involved. Specifically, do both the Denso and the CTS pedals have exactly the same electronics built into them and are the electronics from the pedals to the engine computer the same ?

I've only just recieved my letter telling me to book in to get the pedal looked at, so I'll be doing that ASAP!

I bought my Auris back in November, 58 plate. I really like the car in comparison to the Peugeot 206 I had before. But that said, I doubt I'd buy another Toyota. Not because of the car, but because of the service I received.

When I bought the car, all the promises of fixing the scratches, the alloy kerbing, replace the missing parcel shelf, steering pulling to the left etc where never done. The guy I was dealing with admitted this to me, told me Toyaot pride themselves on theeir after service care and told me he was going on holiday for a week but he'd call me when he got back to sort it as well as a little gift and a full tank of petrol. 2 weeks passed by, no call. I tried calling him on a few occasions, with the receptionist telling everytime that he was busy or had a day off. It took 4 weeks to get hold of him and by this point he'd forgotten who I was!!! Anyway, I eventually got it booked and spent a week driving an IQ :( After getting my car back, the scratches were done, alloys sorted but still no parcel shelf and still pulling to the left. Called them back up, apparently when testing it, they couldn't feeling it pulling and told me it was standard for safety to stop drifting to the opposite side of the road. That makes sense, but not to this extent...If I ws to let go of the wheel, it'd shove my into the kerb! I've driven Rovers, Peugeots, Mercedes, Vauxhalls, BMWs, Fords...(some being famlily cars, some test drives) none of these cars pull this excessively! I'll be taking it to the local garage to check the tracking soon. Now the parcel shelf...Bought the car November and still don't have one! I've called so many times now, repeatedly told the guy will return my call...I'm still waiting! And I never got that gift or tank of petrol!

Love the car...

Hate the service...

Think I'll be going to Audi next!

Sorry to rant, but wondered if anyone else recieved this kind of service?

Stop dealing with the guy who's been giving you the runaround , and stop phoning , go in to the dealership in person , ask to speak to the dealership principal , tell him everything that has gone on and let him know of your dissatisfaction , be polite but very firm , don't let him fob you off either , also tell him that your very next step will be to make a call to toyota customer relations , then do so . Also have you received the dealerships customer questionnaire yet ? make sure you let them have it with both barrels .

I have been where you are , in being given the runaround by my local dealership , a phone call to toyota customer relations usually sorts it out if all else fails .

In fact why not give the customer relations a call right now , the numbers below :thumbsup:

Customer Relations Toyota GB plc. Great Burgh Burgh Heath Epsom Surrey KT18 5UX Tel:- 01737 367600. Fax:- 01737 367721

It has just accrued to me that Peugeot and Citroen make Aygo's and I would guess they have accelerator problems as well but I have not heard of these being recalled. I wonder if this a typical French response to a problem?

It has just accrued to me that Peugeot and Citroen make Aygo's and I would guess they have accelerator problems as well but I have not heard of these being recalled. I wonder if this a typical French response to a problem?

I believe that only the Aygo, the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107 with the Multi Mode gearbox are affected

I believe that only the Aygo, the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 107 with the Multi Mode gearbox are affected

Also manual Aygos with VSC.

Mart.