Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

100w Fog Lights?

★★★★★™

I have a pre-facelift corolla? Will i be able to fit in 100w bulbs for the fog lights?

Also are the bulb sizes for the fogs H3's?

Thanks

Unsure of Bulb size in the PFL.

You can fit 100W to them fine, they'll just probably end up browning your lenses over time. ;) Not to mention they're not E Marked or road legal!

That said... I have 100W 6000k bulbs in my Foglights...

29112008279.jpg

:lol:

100 watt bulbs are illegal for road use and the wiring, bulb holders, lenses, fuse carrrier and switches may overheat.

Remember you are asking that part of the lighting system to almost double its capacity.:)

They won't overheat, Atleast... it's very unlikely. There's a few chaps on here that know a thing or two about electricals... and knowing that running a 100w bulb won't fry the wires is one of the things they know.. :P

The standard 55w lamps will pull 4.58A.

100w lamps will pull 8.333......A

I = W/V

Almost double, if the cable/switches etc are rated for this it will be fine, if not then you could have problems, could dependant on tolerances. I do not know what size cable is used or the rating of switches/relays or what combo is used etc ;)

main issue may be you could turn your lenses brown from the heat but as they probably aren't going to be on all the time, i wouldn't worry about it. if you do upgrade just keep an eye on them.

Keeping them clean will have a big effect as it lets the heat out.

They won't overheat, Atleast... it's very unlikely. There's a few chaps on here that know a thing or two about electricals... and knowing that running a 100w bulb won't fry the wires is one of the things they know.. :P

Yes I'm one of them - a member of IEE:)

id say OWNED, but i fear kearon already knows this ;)

Are you sure?

The reason I ask is because the Institution of electrical engineers doesn't exist any more.

The reason I ask is because the Institution of electrical engineers doesn't exist any more.

does that also mean people that worked for woolworths never worked for them? see the logic......... wheres the trust gone on the site! i ask ya. lol

james said, he is a member of the IEE, how can you be a member of something that doesn't exist anymore?

in the case of woolworths, yeah you could have worked there but you can't work there any more.

not to get on my high horse but i'm going to have a bit of a rant now.

Basically me and other fellow engineers get majorly ticked off when any tom ***** or harry can call himself an engineer in this country without any qualifications. The guy that comes to fix the washing machine is an "engineer". In every other european country the term "engineer" is respected and protected. In the UK it is not. I had to do 4 years of post grad work in order to become a chartered engineer whereas when I went to the plumbers merchant today, every van says "cowboy plumbing and heating ENGINEERS" on the side of it.

i get where your coming from but your ranting at the wrong people. im an IT consultant, and totally in the same boat as regards to any tom ***** and harry being able to denote themselves as such. theres only 1 way round it, and thats to get over it, as much as it winds you up or frustrates.

so what if he said hes a member of the IEE, you know what it is and what it stands for, just accept it in light of the fact it is out of date terminology.

james said, he is a member of the IEE, how can you be a member of something that doesn't exist anymore?

in the case of woolworths, yeah you could have worked there but you can't work there any more.

not to get on my high horse but i'm going to have a bit of a rant now.

Basically me and other fellow engineers get majorly ticked off when any tom ***** or harry can call himself an engineer in this country without any qualifications. The guy that comes to fix the washing machine is an "engineer". In every other european country the term "engineer" is respected and protected. In the UK it is not. I had to do 4 years of post grad work in order to become a chartered engineer whereas when I went to the plumbers merchant today, every van says "cowboy plumbing and heating ENGINEERS" on the side of it.

Yeh i gotta say im with you fella, 4yr M&E apprenticeship served :thumbsup:

Settle down guys I made a simple typo - my post should have read IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers). Us older members still refer to it as IEE - hard to break the habit suppose. Apart from being a member of this organisation I have many, many years of experience in electrical design and maintenance both in low and high voltage.:)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links