Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Boot Cover Accessory.

bokkie

Guys,

My wife is thinking of getting an iQ but I'm not 100% convinced she should. You see, as a community nurse she needs to take around a bit of equipment with her, such as dressings and what have you. We've been for a test drive in the iQ and don't get me wrong, it's a lovely car to drive and for the stop/start driving she does and being able to park on a !Removed! packet it's really convenient. The only problem is the lack of boot space. We've spoken to Toyota about it and they say (if I understand correctly) that you can't get a hard cover but rather a flimsy material type of cover. She'd like to keep the stuff she needs in the car but at the same time keep it concealed. They might just be boxes of dressings etc to her, but to some toe-rag looking in they don't know that and it could be a tempting target for an opportunistic smash-and-grabber.

Has anyone used the so-called boot cover and could comment on it? She does not mind losing the rear seat if it needs to be dropped down but I'm a bit worried that with the boot cover fitted you can still see what's under it from outside. I believe the viewing angle from outside the car restricts what you can see in the back but is it really effective or not? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks. Peter.

hi there

the boot cover is junk

i got the rear window tinted the same shade as the sides for £25

its not a perfect solution

but it works for me

plus it looks smarter

Guys,

My wife is thinking of getting an iQ but I'm not 100% convinced she should. You see, as a community nurse she needs to take around a bit of equipment with her, such as dressings and what have you. We've been for a test drive in the iQ and don't get me wrong, it's a lovely car to drive and for the stop/start driving she does and being able to park on a !Removed! packet it's really convenient. The only problem is the lack of boot space. We've spoken to Toyota about it and they say (if I understand correctly) that you can't get a hard cover but rather a flimsy material type of cover. She'd like to keep the stuff she needs in the car but at the same time keep it concealed. They might just be boxes of dressings etc to her, but to some toe-rag looking in they don't know that and it could be a tempting target for an opportunistic smash-and-grabber.

Has anyone used the so-called boot cover and could comment on it? She does not mind losing the rear seat if it needs to be dropped down but I'm a bit worried that with the boot cover fitted you can still see what's under it from outside. I believe the viewing angle from outside the car restricts what you can see in the back but is it really effective or not? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks. Peter.

I use mine every week when shopping. I just use it as i go into aldi 1st to get fruit, veg etc and then go to morrisons. It keeps the sun off (well only when sunny of course) You can still see the bag from the drivers window but i dont mind that so much as if you have the cover on, there must be something to hide/steal or you would not be using it! As you can see its fruit/veg i would hope (touching wood) that nobody would want to steal it. It is pretty useless really though. Oh and it does sometimes pop off at one corner as it is a stretch fit but it is taught and not saggy. At least it matches the seats...

I think its useful but a bit of a bugger to keep putting on plus them button things that cover the pop on points are a pain to get off! i carry a spoon in the back to get them off! bit daft for a premium city car! also the cover could do with been longer so it folds down and covers the cargo from when you look in from the front and front side windows. Im deffinatly going for the high tint on the back for the covenience and style lol

Tinted windows is efficient to hide the car's inside.

Once I could clearly see in the car by night whereas it was parked in a dark area with light coming from a road from the front of the car...

I asked the sales rep to fit it. You are all absolutely correct. It is a useless object to use. It's a pity they don't make it with a cover that conceals it from the front. Naff design. Nice car though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links