Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris D4d-most Reliable Economical Car Ever Owned?

RS4

18 months ago I purchased an 05 D4D Yaris with 50k on the clock. Since then I have added another 45k to the car on my daily commute of 60 miles from Leeds to Warrington. I do my own servicing on the car, with genuine parts and good quality synthetic lubricants. The car has been totally reliable with only two minor problems which where easy to fix. Those being: the throttle body required a thorough clean to remove baked on oil (just after the car was purchased) and the fuel filler flap release lever became detached from the cable end terminal. Driving carefully on my commute I average between 80 to 85 mpg. I have owned several other fairly reliable cars including two Impreza WRX's and my current second car is a 4.2 litre V8 Audi RS4.

This is the most reliable and cost effective car I have ever owned. I think the Toyota engineers deserve a great deal of praise for designing such a well engineered vehicle.

Woah, props if you're hitting the mid-80's! :eek:

I've gotten close to 80 but never gotten there (Damn you turbo turbo temptation! :lol:)

But yeah, Yarisssesess rock :D :wub:

thats really good going!

Best i've managed was 70mpg, but that was when the car was nearly new with a tight engine, would be interesting to see what it can achieve now!

thats really good going!

Best i've managed was 70mpg, but that was when the car was nearly new with a tight engine, would be interesting to see what it can achieve now!

I get about 50 when I am not trying and about 55 when I am!

The gearing, especially with 5th, means that theeconomy isn't that great on the motorway, which, I believe, has been addressed by the 6 speed box.

the best i have seen is high 50's.

i like the Yaris, but it is a wee bit cheap and cheerful.

However there is some rust deveolping on it. A little on the inside leading egde of the drivers door and on 4, what looks like spot welds?, on the inside bottom of the tailgate. Not so good.

thats really good going!

The gearing, especially with 5th, means that theeconomy isn't that great on the motorway, which, I believe, has been addressed by the 6 speed box.

However there is some rust deveolping on it. A little on the inside leading egde of the drivers door and on 4, what looks like spot welds?, on the inside bottom of the tailgate. Not so good.

Keep an eye on the rust, Toyota give a 12yr perforation warranty on the Yaris and 3yr surface rust/paintwork, so it shouln't rust yet! Mine is 10yrs old this august and has no rust at all.

Mine is going very well too. Squeaky clutch pedal which is nothing really, and other than that, no problems! Also getting between 80 to 88 mpg, depending on the weather. This cold is killing me!

thats really good going!

Keep an eye on the rust, Toyota give a 12yr perforation warranty on the Yaris and 3yr surface rust/paintwork, so it shouln't rust yet! Mine is 10yrs old this august and has no rust at all.

I am going to book it in soon for Mr T's opinion.