Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Does A Tte And Focus St Compare

Jase88

Well i was torn between the two...

:/

i loved my tsport and it made me lust after a TTE compressor!

Few things that stopped me getting one was the rarity of the car and that supercharger.... was unsure of reliability.. also i was after the leather interior which is rare in itself.. and to find a TTE with leather was like trying to find a needle in a haystack :(

Also i needed a car desperately as my run around Saxo VTR gave up the ghost.

Sooo i settled on a Focus ST3 in Performance Blue

Focus ST3

Have i made the right choice :o

and anyone owned one... how do the two cars compare?

humm not sure comp was way rarer and i woud think more reliable.. everyone i see driving a st looks chavy... plus its a ford....your choise as long as you like it.

performance, tunability, handling..etc id probably say yes the focus is the better car than the corolla tte...

corolla tte has exclusivity attached to it but its not really in the same league as the ST..

of course all IMO, i dont want to upset any compressor owners out there, hell i want a compressor but at the same time, i think the focus is the better/faster motor.

Out of the box i recon the TTE would embarrass a ST

But looking tuning wise you can get a Mountune kit on the ST from Ford fitted for £1200

What car did this and in a straight line it out accelerated the new 300bhp Focus RS... obviously it couldnt match the RS cornering wise however

I have heard the focuses have issues with qualitly, i guy i know had to take his back because the paint started to bubble after 6 months and then it had a random oil leak.

i would be careful of the ford ( fix or repair daily ) ;-)

I dont think any of them are a bad choice mate.Performance wise, i know i can keep up with a St from a standing start, so the compressor should muller one! A ST leaves a t sport for dead tho when say both cars are doing 40 in 3rd so torque on the St is immpresive, i should also imagine the compressor would stuggle to keep up in the same senario! I personally went for the t sport over the compressor as i was not convinced about the problems with the exhaust and superchargers, especially since sourcing parts can be a problem. Equally tho i have heard problems about the St, but there is no denying they are both nice cars, Personally i would of gone for a mazda 3 mps :thumbsup:

well i sort of agree with thye mazda mps although i wouldnt mind a blast in a scirrioco, seen couple of them about and they look nice. looking by this table of lap times they are pretty nifty to, check it out........

focus st doesnt look very good .....

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/mugen/36981-c...ed-edition.html

scroll down first page to see table of lap times.

oh and that mugen civic looks necta

I've been looking at these again as i am seriously thinking of kicking her out of the Verso, i have driven a few when i worked for Mr H as we tested them vs the CTR.

IMO Compared with the CTS the car was/is a nicer drive in all ways, the real issue though is the image, running costs and having to deal with Ford dealers.

However as its a Focus tuning compared with the Rolla is easy and readily available and the cost for most stuff isn't prohibitive.

Impossible to be a sleeper in a ST!

I'm sure the Mazda MPS is in the £400 a year tax band.

I've been looking at these again as i am seriously thinking of kicking her out of the Verso, i have driven a few when i worked for Mr H as we tested them vs the CTR.

IMO Compared with the CTS the car was/is a nicer drive in all ways, the real issue though is the image, running costs and having to deal with Ford dealers.

First you buy a diseasel.... and now you're considering a Ford?! :o

:ban:

:P :lol:

yup. the 3 MPS also enjoys the fine things of, lame LSD which when your rocking 260 ponnies out of the box tends, tends to be a requirement for some traction.

very fast cars though, a CTS woudnt stand a hope in hels chance againast one in a straight line or through the gears. add some corners and we could be talking ;)

First you buy a diseasel.... and now you're considering a Ford?! :o

:ban:

:P :lol:

I need to remind myself i'm still alive :lol: ;)

As i've said before a RHD 5dr Compressor would be the 1st choice....

I've driven an ST before, in fact i've driven nearly every recent hot hatch that's been sold in the UK!

ST is a fine choice mate. Only things i can think of wrong with it is the steering doesn't feel "right" to me and you can feel the weight of the engine at the front but it makes a fantastic noise. Other than that it's great, one of the better ones imho, felt VERY similar to my old leon cupra R.

They aren't as tunable as i would have thought for a big 2.5T, about on par with the BAM or AMK VAG 1.8 20vt but that's not really a problem. I was thinking about an ST before i found out my mrs was pregnant and opted for the CTS for it's cheapness and low running costs.

I'm sure you'll love it

been thinking about getting an st for a while now i am 99% certain i will have one in the next couple of months would like a 5 door if poss but most seem to be 3doors so the comp will be traded in.

I would take an ST, Serious bit of kit.

Tuning possibilities, A nice black or subtle blue. I dont think there to common i dont see very many about. Even one in white would do.

I would take an ST, Serious bit of kit.

Tuning possibilities, A nice black or subtle blue. I dont think there to common i dont see very many about. Even one in white would do.

yes this one i'm being offered is blue only downside is the 3 doors,23,000 mls 2007 year so waiting for the e mail 2 moz to see what they offer for the comp,was offered £8,500 last month to trade in but st had kurbed front wheels :angry:

yeah there not that common either...

there isnt another in my town thats for sure :)

theres a million focus's though... :/

yeah you can get the mountune kit for the st.... evo magazine did it and put it up against the new RS... was quicker in a straight line right through the gears and running... :o

RS outhandled on track though

well had the chance to get a good look at an st whilst i mot'ed it yesterday and was totally disappointed by it i will not part with a comp and some of my hard earned for one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links