Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sat Nav

Steve84

This may of been asked before, may also be a stupid question. Is it possible to put a tns700 system in a car that has the tns310. Reason i ask is my t180 has the tns310 system, but about 6 months later they upgraded the t180, t-spirit and the tr had the full colour touch screen system. Is it a case of just taking out the radio/CD, and sat nav system out of the dash and popping in a tns700, or does is need the upgraded reader under the passenger seat or is it just a disk change. Like i've said its a daft question but would be intersted to find out.

Thanks in advance

Steve

This may of been asked before, may also be a stupid question. Is it possible to put a tns700 system in a car that has the tns310. Reason i ask is my t180 has the tns310 system, but about 6 months later they upgraded the t180, t-spirit and the tr had the full colour touch screen system. Is it a case of just taking out the radio/CD, and sat nav system out of the dash and popping in a tns700, or does is need the upgraded reader under the passenger seat or is it just a disk change. Like i've said its a daft question but would be intersted to find out.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi!

Change the cd-player to the TNS700 unit and just take away the TNS310 unit under the seat. Don't know if you just can plug in the old GPS-antenna and speed-sensors in the new unit or if you need to install the new ones but thats no problem...

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi!

Change the cd-player to the TNS700 unit and just take away the TNS310 unit under the seat. Don't know if you just can plug in the old GPS-antenna and speed-sensors in the new unit or if you need to install the new ones but thats no problem...

Thanks for that Timo

Hey, I had a TNS310 radio in my Landcruiser, got hold of a TNS700, just connected up the power and Speakers, RF radio antenna and new GPS antenna. Everything works perfectly.

Didn't bother with the speed sensors or any other cables.

Hey, I had a TNS310 radio in my Landcruiser, got hold of a TNS700, just connected up the power and speakers, RF radio antenna and new GPS antenna. Everything works perfectly.

Didn't bother with the speed sensors or any other cables.

I did the same thing on an Avensis T Spirit - you will need the front black escutchen from Toyta to finish off the sides and fill the gap - about £39.

New GSP aerial - got mine off eBay BUT I had to run a lead for the speed signal from the TNS310 or else you won't move on the map. Easy to find on the TNS310 wiring under the passenger seat -or mine was.

Got my TNS700 from a breaker on eBay.

Steve

Hi Steve, I don't have my speed signal connector, and it seems to work fine, can you explain "moving on the map"

Thanks

Paul

Hi Steve, I don't have my speed signal connector, and it seems to work fine, can you explain "moving on the map"

Thanks

Paul

byrneair - no problem.

My T Spirit had the tns310 fitted and when I pulled out the old radio I found that I didn't have the full wiring loom which included the speed signal plug - a 5 pin straight in line. Reading an article on the web it told me that the speed signal went to the middle pin on this plug so I ran a wirre from this to under the passenger seat to the violet/white plug going into the TNS310. Without this speed signal your position is shown on the map BUT when you drive off the position doesn't move with you.

Your Toyota may have had the wiring loom fitted to accomodate either standard radio or a TNS700 sat nav - I wasn't that lucky. Hope that helps explain it.

Steve