Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Servicing Costs.

bokkie

My wife was looking at new cars last night and she was quite stunned to see that the cost of service on the Fiat 500 was about £700. Leastways, that's what she read to me. I've no idea what could be so special about a sevice to cost that much. Gold plated disc pads? Anyway, do you have estimates of what the servicing costs are on the iQ? Her annual mileage is about 6000 using our Corolla Verso. I guess the iQ has different levels of service for minor or major service milestones? I don't think we need to know to the penny but a rough ballpark based on experience might be more accurate perhaps than what dealers might say.

servicing is 10000 miles or yearly whichever is the lesser. I have a Toyota service contract for the next 3 services which is 2 minor and 1 major. It includes normal servicing parts and labour with 10% off and costs frozen. It costs me £14/month.

I just had my first 12 month / 10000 mile service on done on the IQ on Friday. (My car had done just over 8000 miles and is 12 months old) The cost at Listers Toyota Coventry was £147.44 including VAT.

Give Listers a ring they have a set price for each service on their system. Tel 024 7663 9199

Hope this helps.

I just had my first 12 month / 10000 mile service on done on the IQ on Friday. (My car had done just over 8000 miles and is 12 months old) The cost at Listers Toyota Coventry was £147.44 including VAT.

Give Listers a ring they have a set price for each service on their system. Tel 024 7663 9199

Hope this helps.

I have the 3 year service plan with farmer and carlisle in Leicester costs £11 for the IQ and £10 for the Yaris per month

I was led to believe that the first service cost would be around £80. Cheap servicing was one reason why I didn't bother with the monthly service plan. Not good to hear that first service at listers was twice that !

Have yet to test this as my car is 1 year old in 3 weeks time. Have covered just over 5000 miles in the last year.

Here is a breakdown of the costs - Labour and Oil are the main bits.

Labour £57.09

Oil Filter £7.99

Drain Plug £0.91

Screen Wash £0.89 (This really gets me as I only filled it up a few days ago!)

Semi Synthetic Helixplus Oil £45.85

Environmental Disposal £6.75

Consumable & Sundry Items £6.00 (I guess this is the price of the coffee they drank and the two I had when I took it in and picked it up)

Total £125.48

Plus the Vat = £147.44

I can not see how they could do it for £80. With this Oil and Labour charge. However it is not the £700 quoted for the Fiat. I have never had a service bill that big on our E Class Mercedes (Its now done 120,000 miles and the most expensive service was £400!) I did have one on a Renault Scenic of £900 and after that I quickly sold the vehicle, bought a Honda and then came the iQ.

Let us know what your service cost is when you get it done in 3 weeks.

I had my service on the 2nd Feb, here is a breakdown of mine (IQ2 with 9931 miles)

These are prices before VAT

Intermediate 10,000 Mls/1 - £55.19 (Im guessing this is the labour?)

5W30 Fully Synthetic Oil - £40.15

Enviromental Charge - £5.50

Consumables - £4.99

Screenwash - £0.85

Drain Plug - £0.84

Oil Filter - £7.59

Brake Clean - £3.42

Invest Knocking noise tightened up n/s/f front strut top and bolt securing strut to hub carrier - £33.20 (Extra work I asked them to do)

Net total - £151.73

VAT - £26.55

Total - £178.28

So the main service was £139.27.

They spoke to me about getting a service plan, as my service next time will be (estimated) £250!! But I wasn't interested. Id rather just put a bit aside each month in a savings than give it to them for them to get the interest on it!!

I had my service on the 2nd Feb, here is a breakdown of mine (IQ2 with 9931 miles)

Consumables - £4.99

Screenwash - £0.85

Drain Plug - £0.84

Oil Filter - £7.59

Brake Clean - £3.42

Invest Knocking noise tightened up n/s/f front strut top and bolt securing strut to hub carrier - £33.20 (Extra work I asked them to do)

Net total - £151.73

VAT - £26.55

Total - £178.28

They spoke to me about getting a service plan, as my service next time will be (estimated) £250!! But I wasn't interested. Id rather just put a bit aside each month in a savings than give it to them for them to get the interest on it!!

Surely you should not have paid for the elimination of the knocking noise and tightening of n/s/front strut top and bolt securing strut to hub carrier??

That cost would (or should) be covered by your 3 year Toyota Warranty!...................I would request that it be refunded :thumbsup:

I was charged as I have got H&R lowering springs which weren't fitted by Toyota and the bolts from that had come loose so I can understand why they charged me!

Consumables - £4.99

Screenwash - £0.85

Drain Plug - £0.84

Oil Filter - £7.59

Brake Clean - £3.42

Net total - £151.73

VAT - £26.55

Total - £178.28

Sally the services plans are intrest free, it is actually a good plan as it freezes in the current service charges and locks them for the duration of the plan. I had one on the Aygo and when I sold it I got all the money bar an administration charge back so was happy with that. Decided not to take it out on the IQ as I'm trying to cut down on direct debits. Would recommend it for peace of mind.

Actually I've just re - read that and know what you mean lol. But suppose locking in the current price could pay off 3 years down the line?

You must save on the service plan as you are 10% down on costs already and labour prices are frozen. You can stick your money away in savings if you like but its such a paltry sum you'd be hard pressed to make 2% on it -you really can't lose. All I want is 3 Toyota main dealer stamps on the service sheet then its either get my local mechanic to do it or part exchange through the main dealer (they do like their own service stamps when part exchanging). Consider this........have you ever known any mechanic's labour charge go down?! Sit down-do the sums-give 'em £14/ month and forget it!!!

Haha Should have known my comment would be a bit controversial! Well to be honest, Im only gonna keep the car another 2 years then its gonna get traded in or sold privately for another new car, maybe I should have got the service plan when I first got the car a year ago but they didnt offer it to me and I didnt think to ask

Also justin, do you have a breakdown of that? Why so cheap compared to mine and Goldfish', ours are very similar so made me feel I hadn't been ripped off!

• 1 month later...

Haha Should have known my comment would be a bit controversial! Well to be honest, Im only gonna keep the car another 2 years then its gonna get traded in or sold privately for another new car, maybe I should have got the service plan when I first got the car a year ago but they didnt offer it to me and I didnt think to ask

Also justin, do you have a breakdown of that? Why so cheap compared to mine and Goldfish', ours are very similar so made me feel I hadn't been ripped off!

Hi All,

Took my IQ in for it's first service today. Has done 12,051 on the clock. A piece of advice is to always ask them how much it's going to cost when you book it in. Cheeky chappie at Toyota World Bristol North tried charging me £136 vat inc (after knocking about £20 off coz I was waiting an hour after my scheduled pick up time). I said the chap on the phone said it will be £126.12 vat inc, so they took it down to £116.36 vat inc (after discount). Always pays to shop around too. They didn't even bother to wash n vac either...... :huh:

I did ask them before booking it and they looked on there system and told me around £115...but then that was before xmas before VAT had gone back up, I got mine done in Feb when VAT was back to 17.5% so im guessing thats where the extra charge was

TBH im not that bothered because i see it as im not paying for my tax so thats paying for the service on its own, my old car was £150 to tax

Hey all,

I will be in for my 20K mile service next month - are there any other high mileage iQ's out there and if so what was the damage!!

Ta.

40K or four years should be about the most expensive, around £240 depending on oil/labour costs

Kingo :thumbsup: