Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hilux 2.5 D4d Tuning Tips

131thomson

Any one able to offer any help on tuning a MK6 2.5 Hilux invincible registered in oct 2006? Think I am right in saying it has 102BHP as standard? I have looked at Tuning boxs from Spider or Chip express, but is there anything else I can do i.e intercooler?

Thanks in advance.

By far and the best "Bang for your buck" is to fit a tuning box. The 2.5 engine is notoriously underpowered and wouldnt be worth the investment of Intercooler etc (IMHO)

The improvement with one of our kits will take it from 102 BHP to 131 BHP and 260 NM of torque to 324 NM As you can see the vast improvement in torque is the main benefit of fitting a tuning box

PM me for prices etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

By far and the best "Bang for your buck" is to fit a tuning box. The 2.5 engine is notoriously underpowered and wouldnt be worth the investment of Intercooler etc (IMHO)

The improvement with one of our kits will take it from 102 BHP to 131 BHP and 260 NM of torque to 324 NM As you can see the vast improvement in torque is the main benefit of fitting a tuning box

PM me for prices etc

Hi I have the same problem with lack of power from my 2006 Invincible 2.5,what is the cost of the power box & what is it like to fit?

Regards

Johno

Have read and heard good things about the Lindop Brothers supplied chip, the other one that seems to do it proper like without various problems is Steinbauer.

I decided against going down this route meself because even the ever helpful and reasonable NFU wanted 'at least' 30% loading on the premium, so worth checking with insurance before parting with the lolly.

Might be better in the long term to go for a 3 litre maybe even the 200.

• 6 months later...

lets dig up an old topic, can this engine be intercooled?

reason i ask is ive the same engine in my hiace and i want it to go quicker!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the 2.5 invincible was 120bhp by 2006? i assume an 144bhp model i've been looking at buying must already be chipped?

• 5 months later...

Any one able to offer any help on tuning a MK6 2.5 Hilux invincible registered in oct 2006? Think I am right in saying it has 102BHP as standard? I have looked at Tuning boxs from Spider or Chip express, but is there anything else I can do i.e intercooler?

Thanks in advance.

i have got the same truck on a 56 plate very dissapointed with the performance,so i went to chip express and never looked back completley different truck,well impressed

• 1 month later...

PM me for prices etc

Please let me know the price of this and stuff included there?

Thanks,

Dhanushka

Sorry guys we no longer stock a kit for the early 2.5 models, we are trying to get a new supplier for that one kit

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...