• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninosport

• zakelwe

• Angryhatter

• AYGOgummy

"cheaper C1 and 107"

Not across the range.

When we bought ours only the lowest spec Aygo was the most expensive of the three.

As soon as you went to the '+' model (we wanted remote locking and electric windows) it was the cheapest.

Toyota main dealer servicing is also cheaper than the French badged equivalents.

Yaris was too large for us.

Aygo instead of Yaris - Price

Aygo instead of C1/107 - looks and not having to deal with French Customer Services if/when things go wrong.

I only needed a small, cheap car for use in bad weather. Switched from a 6 year old Ka, didn't like the new Ka.

I would like to know why you bought an Aygo rather than a Mk1 Yaris or the cheaper C1 and 107?

I liked what I saw for the money. :thumbsup:

cheap car for use in bad weather.

That is possibly the worst reason for getting one..

Not really, I run a bike all year round and the main use of my car is when I need to carry shopping or when the weather reaches the point that using the bike would be insane. I need something reliable that will work when I need it and not cost a fortune when I don't.

The C1 and 107 don't look as good to my eyes. Also, I got the platinum which had leather steering wheel and suede/"leather" seats.

Andy

I got mine thanks to my parents but I'm really regretting it as it doesn't seem as reliable as it's French counterparts.

They are all built in the same factory, the same car with different body stylings and badges. I've not seen any reports about reliability being a problem when compared to the C1/107.

The only thing that seems odd is that the C1/107 don't seem to have been having the throttle problems that the MMT Aygos have had.

Ha i would have been happy with any car that i got bought! i Liked the style of the Aygo over the french and the Toyota has the better resale value. Also on the bad weather comment my Aygo made it to work every day when my bosses clk and xk8 coudnt get off the carpark! and pop's 5 series got stuck in the snow too.

I think the Aygo looks better, squatter than the C1 and 107. Also, Toyota customer care for me has so far been fantastic. There have been Peugeots and Citroens in the family in the past and customer care wasn't as good. Also, Aygo has slightly better resale values, and most of them have more equipment... you've got the special editions like the Blue, Black, Platinum which all make excellent value compared with the more 'standard' C1 Rhythm and 107 Urban models. Also, cheaper to run than a Mk1 Yaris, lower CO2 emissions = lower tax £20 per year. Also, gordonh - I think the MMT 107s (or '2tronic' as they're called) have been having the same problems - there just aren't as many of them around. As for the C1s, I'm not sure as they've never sold an equivalent auto C1 in the UK.

I got mine thanks to my parents but I'm really regretting it as it doesn't seem as reliable as it's French counterparts.

Your parents must be chuffed at you saying that :P have you been having problems with yours?

Not really, I run a bike all year round and the main use of my car is when I need to carry shopping or when the weather reaches the point that using the bike would be insane. I need something reliable that will work when I need it and not cost a fortune when I don't.

When you said bad weather I was thinking tornadoes and blizzards! :lol:

Although ironically the Aygo seemed to do quite well in the snow :)

(Better than my Yaris anyway!!)

I would like to know why you bought an Aygo rather than a Mk1 Yaris or the cheaper C1 and 107?
All i can tell that is gonna happen from this is that more people will knock Toyota and the Aygo for not being safe but thats just not the case.

How is that NOT the case? There isn't enough detail to go by to make that assumption.

C1 and 107 look like the tail end of a freshly run down dog, the Aygo doesn't. And as mentioned above, to get a C1 or 107 top range equivalent isn't cheaper at all. Least it wasn't when I picked mine up, lets have a look now:

107 Verve £ 9,955.00 Inc. VAT

C1 VTR+ £ 10,360.00 Inc. VAT

Aygo Blue £ 9,494.00 Inc. VAT

These are all for 3 door manual models.

So there you have it, not cheaper at all.

Also you mentioned the Mk1 Yaris, if your going second hand then its a possibility, but if you want a new car like I did than it isn't an option. As they don't make them any more, as I'm sure you know.

Beside if you compare the Mk1 1L Yaris and the Aygo 1L the Aygo wins.

Yaris: 64 bhp, 90 Nm, MPG50, Insurance Group 2, RTS-E £120, 880 kg

Aygo: 67 bhp, 93 Nm, MPG61, Insurance Group 1, RTB-B £35, 825 kg

And the Aygo is a smaller car, which is a buying point for some people who want a smaller car.

So in summary, the Aygo is cheaper, better looking, and more powerful (at least than the Yaris). This is why it has been and should be bought over the C1 and 107, and also the 1L Mk1Yaris.

My point is that the Aygo is a bit stupid. There arent much smaller than the Mk1 Yaris in my eyes and the point of them been cheap to run isnt really all that cause when you are going up and down speed you'll actually use more petrol cause of how much little power you have. In my TS I could be at 30mph in 5th and put my foot down and a little kick would happen and it would shoot up to 50mph in no time. I drove my friends C1 which is basically the same as an Aygo and I did the same test. It couldnt do it as well and I had to change gear to 3rd

What engine size is your TS? 1.5 I presume? Because I have driven a 1L Mk1Yaris when I was looking at what to buy, and you could not, unless on a hill, go from 30 to 50 in 5th with any amount of kick or speed.

I doubt the ability for any 1L to be able to do that, and you keep mentioning power, when as shown above the Aygo has more power and slightly more torque. And it is lighter. At least when comparing the same engine sizes, which is the only fair and proper way to compare the two cars.

My lady friends Colour collection pulls fine and didnt have a problem doing the same thing.

I just think for the money you could of got a Yaris 1.3 saved money on buying it, also saved money on petrol and probably on insurance as well cause they are really chaep to insure compared to the Aygo that Ive done quotes on (I dont know why either)

My lady friends Colour collection pulls fine and didnt have a problem doing the same thing.

I just think for the money you could of got a Yaris 1.3 saved money on buying it, also saved money on petrol and probably on insurance as well cause they are really chaep to insure compared to the Aygo that Ive done quotes on (I dont know why either)

Well I don't know about what you have been quoted obviously, but when I was buying my first car a year ago now I did quotes on all sorts of cars, including the 1L and 1.3L Mk1 Yaris' also the 1.4 diesel Yaris. And the Aygo came out cheaper compared to all of them(including the few pugs and such that i looked at). Might just be with me being under 20 at the time or something, and it might be different for older drivers. But one of the reasons I decided on an Aygo was the fact it was the only car I actually liked that was cheap enough to insure (And it was still expensive as hell).

Just looking at your Signature it says you get 43.6mpg. I got 39.6mpg in my TS at one point just driving normally and thats about as high as I got it. Also when I use to hammer it I would be getting about 35mpg. Just seems strange that the Aygo only manages 43 and yet people still buy it for economy.

Just looking at your Signature it says you get 43.6mpg. I got 39.6mpg in my TS at one point just driving normally and thats about as high as I got it. Also when I use to hammer it I would be getting about 35mpg. Just seems strange that the Aygo only manages 43 and yet people still buy it for economy.

Yeah but it depends where you live and how you drive, i have a heavy right foot in all honesty.

If you look on the posts on here about MPG and such you will see there are a lot of people who get much better economy that I.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on what car is better, and a healthy debate on what is what is always fun.

Au contraire, (pretentious? moi?), I find that the Aygo has excellent handling in slippery conditions and better traction up steep, icy hills than some 4x4s costing five or six times as much. The heater and de-misters are very good and the car also has a very high standard of crash-worthieness. What else do you need in bad weather?

The reason, I got the Aygo instead of a 2nd hand Yaris was that I needed to get a car with excellent active and passive safety and low running costs; the Aygo came out ahead of the 2nd hand Yaris and a new Fiat Panda etc. though I still think that I prefer the Panda's ride and handling.

P.S. Don't feed the trolls!