Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygonowhere

ninosport

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ninosport

• zakelwe

• Angryhatter

• AYGOgummy

cheap car for use in bad weather.

That is possibly the worst reason for getting one..

Au contraire, (pretentious? moi?), I find that the Aygo has excellent handling in slippery conditions and better traction up steep, icy hills than some 4x4s costing five or six times as much. The heater and de-misters are very good and the car also has a very high standard of crash-worthieness. What else do you need in bad weather?

The reason, I got the Aygo instead of a 2nd hand Yaris was that I needed to get a car with excellent active and passive safety and low running costs; the Aygo came out ahead of the 2nd hand Yaris and a new Fiat Panda etc. though I still think that I prefer the Panda's ride and handling.

P.S. Don't feed the trolls!

Possibly due to the narrow tires, perhaps? Not exactly rocket-science, is it? :rolleyes:

I meant due to the footwell/door seals issues.

Well don't worry, with this upsizing fetish car makers are going through, the Mk2 Aygo will probably be a Yaris Mk1, then you can have a diesel version :lol:

Mmm... it'd be fun to stick a 2.0 D4D in my Yaris or my 1.4 D4D in an Aygo tho' :D

If it weren't for those meddling kids and their laws of physics...! :lol:

My point is that the Aygo is a bit stupid. There arent much smaller than the Mk1 Yaris in my eyes and the point of them been cheap to run isnt really all that cause when you are going up and down speed you'll actually use more petrol cause of how much little power you have. In my TS I could be at 30mph in 5th and put my foot down and a little kick would happen and it would shoot up to 50mph in no time. I drove my friends C1 which is basically the same as an Aygo and I did the same test. It couldnt do it as well and I had to change gear to 3rd

I'm sure your Yaris T-Sport has a bigger engine than the Aygo, so it's a bit unfair to compare them. And the Aygo is cheap to run in actual fact. I got 55 mpg on my last fill-up, mostly urban driving.

My lady friends Colour collection pulls fine and didnt have a problem doing the same thing.

I just think for the money you could of got a Yaris 1.3 saved money on buying it, also saved money on petrol and probably on insurance as well cause they are really chaep to insure compared to the Aygo that Ive done quotes on (I dont know why either)

Well I think we're all perfectly happy with our Aygos. Most are cheaper to run than a 1.3 Yaris (£20 tax, cheaper servicing, cheaper insurance from the quotes I got, very economical). I like mine, found the Yaris a bit uncomfortable in comparison, though it's still a nice looking car.

For me or rather for my daughter it was all down to insurance costs, i preferred to spend the money on a newer car than another £1000 insure a Yaris.

The 1.0 semi auto Yaris was reported as a dog to drive in the motoring media, so that left a 1.3 Auto Yaris the price to insure a 17 year old with no no claims was £2400, yet a 1.0 mmt AYGO was £1300, that extra money saved was spent on buying a younger lower mileage car, and on top of that we make lest trips to the petrol station and road tax at £35.00 is a steal...and is going down to £20.00 a year very soon :) , so for us the AYGO as all about doing the sums.

Just looking at your Signature it says you get 43.6mpg. I got 39.6mpg in my TS at one point just driving normally and thats about as high as I got it. Also when I use to hammer it I would be getting about 35mpg. Just seems strange that the Aygo only manages 43 and yet people still buy it for economy.

I get 350 miles out of about 31 litres in my Aygo which is about 50mpg. When I am hammering it I get 25mpg which shows when you say you are hammering your Yaris you are not really. ;) Hammering is 120 miles only in 2nd and 3rd gear on a breakfast club meet, not you deciding to drive a bit quicker for once.

Also, the 3 pot engine when "hammering" is a lot more fun than the hoover that is the Yaris 4 pot.

I did 90 000 miles in a mark 1 Yaris, which I would guess is more than you have ever done, so I can make good comparisons. The Mk1 Yaris is better built and handles better, the Aygo has a better engine and is more fun.

Cheers

Andy

£9500 for an Aygo blue and around £10,000 for an equivalent C1 or 107? What are the 'target' prices? Seems an awful lot for a city runabout!

Also, the 3 pot engine when "hammering" is a lot more fun than the hoover that is the Yaris 4 pot.

Explain.

Because the engine of the Aygo sounds like a V8 driven by Chuck Norris at low revs and sounds like a Porsche GT3 driven by Chuck Norris at high revs.

The Yaris sounds at all revs like a hoover being pushed around the living room by Dale Winton before Cheryl comes over for a bit of tiffin.

Regards

Andy

Have you even driven a TS cause you would be suprised at what it sounds like. The Aygo just seems very expensive for a city car. You can get a 2nd hand Yaris and overall it wil be cheaper. A 52 plate TS goes for £3k and insurance would probably cost for a young driver on mum and dads insurance about £2k tops. Petrol over the year probably about £2k again so thats £7k there abouts. The Aygo alone costs at least that not to mention insurance and petrol.

Plus it doesnt sound that nice of a car and if you think it does youve never been in an engine with more than 16 valves.

Plus it doesnt sound that nice of a car and if you think it does youve never been in an engine with more than 16 valves.

That is a matter of opinion, I have been in a large range of cars for drives, ride along's on track days, the like.

And I know what a 'nice' engine (or what is considered to be one) sounds like.

And I love the noise the Aygo makes, it sounds angry and powerful, and whilst you could argue that this is trying to sound like some thing its not, I like it because it gives the car an enthusiastic and go getter attitude. And I don't see how that can be a bad thing.

That is a matter of opinion, I have been in a large range of cars for drives, ride along's on track days, the like.

And I know what a 'nice' engine (or what is considered to be one) sounds like.

And I love the noise the Aygo makes, it sounds angry and powerful, and whilst you could argue that this is trying to sound like some thing its not, I like it because it gives the car an enthusiastic and go getter attitude. And I don't see how that can be a bad thing.

Not saying its a bad thing. Just it doesnt sound like a V8.

No $h!?. The closest thing it sounds like is a lower powered 16v engine. Dont get me wrong it probably feels like your going as fast as a V8 but what it comes down to is that it sounds like an Aygo or C1 or 107 and thats it.

My MR2 sounds more like a V8 than an Aygo.

No $h!?. The closest thing it sounds like is a lower powered 16v engine. Dont get me wrong it probably feels like your going as fast as a V8 but what it comes down to is that it sounds like an Aygo or C1 or 107 and thats it.

My MR2 sounds more like a V8 than an Aygo.

Well it sounds like what it is, and since I like that sound that is good.

I don't see the need for things to sound like V8's/bigger engines. It is what it is, people know what it is, so why lie? Its small fun and makes me and other drives happy with what we have which is all that is important really.

Its just like the failures who sling a wide bore exhaust on there corsa's [Most suitable for a generic point about chavs] so it sounds "better". the only thing they do it let everyone know their genitalia is very small, and also make their car sound broken.

Have you even driven a TS cause you would be suprised at what it sounds like. The Aygo just seems very expensive for a city car. You can get a 2nd hand Yaris and overall it wil be cheaper. A 52 plate TS goes for £3k and insurance would probably cost for a young driver on mum and dads insurance about £2k tops. Petrol over the year probably about £2k again so thats £7k there abouts. The Aygo alone costs at least that not to mention insurance and petrol.

:lol: I had a V8 C43 mercedes before the Aygo, it had 8 cylinders, 24 valves and 16 spark plugs! Technically you are correct it sounds more like a 6cyl Porsche than a V8, but the comment stands

I've driven plenty of 4 cylinder cars, the only one half decent was an Integra R at 8000+ rpm. Your yaris, or my old Yaris, sound pants in comparison.

Your other comments have some validity, but the Yaris engine is boring in comparison, there are no two ways about it. Even the car magazines comment on it.

Andy

And never again will we see such a blatant attempt to justify an argument by comparing an Apple with an orange!

An 8 year old Yaris is cheaper than a new Aygo - really, who would have thought!

I saw a 10 year old Ka for sale at £995 yesterday, makes the 52 reg Yaris look very expensive at £3k.

Go and love your Yaris, but don't troll this site with spurious arguments and comparisons.

No $h!?. The closest thing it sounds like is a lower powered 16v engine.

I'm sorry but that is the biggest crock of crap I have read in a long time. No 3 cylinder, or 5 cylinder engine for that matter, sounds like a 4 cylinder in line engine, the configuration stops that.

Also number of valves and power has nothing to do with what the sound is like, how did you ever come up with that theory

Here's a Ducati with only 2 cylinders and 8 valves

I can assure you that sounds a lot better than your vehicle with twice as many cylinders and valves.

Andy

"Go and love your Yaris, but don't troll this site with spurious arguments and comparisons. " - daveyjp 12:30 PM 26/02/2010

Well said good sir. :thumbsup:

Go and love your Yaris, but don't troll this site with spurious arguments and comparisons.

No need for that, I am enjoying handing his ***** to him on a plate :lol:

Hopefully he will come back for another helping soon.

Andy

No $h!?. The closest thing it sounds like is a lower powered 16v engine.

I'm sorry but that is the biggest crock of crap I have read in a long time. No 3 cylinder, or 5 cylinder engine for that matter, sounds like a 4 cylinder in line engine, the configuration stops that.

Also number of valves and power has nothing to do with what the sound is like, how did you ever come up with that theory

Here's a Ducati with only 2 cylinders and 8 valves

I can assure you that sounds a lot better than your vehicle with twice as many cylinders and valves.

Andy

All im saying is that it doesnt sound like a V8.

A Yaris is a far better car than the Aygo. It got better engines. My old TS would wipe the floor of any Aygo without even trying. A 1.3 SR is better than the Aygo and is more fun to drive. I not knocking the Aygo as a car or how good it is, I just dont see the point in that car at all even the C1 and 107 when you can get some much more for less.

Im not going to argue anymore if it sounds like a V8, V6 VR5 or anything cause well it isnt any of them and it never will be. You can make any car sound like what you want with the correct mods.

Folks it's raining in Leeds/Bradford today hence ninosport has too much time to spend trolling.

"I just dont see the point in that car at all even the C1 and 107 when you can get some much more for less."

Read my post again.

If you compare like with like you can't get so much more for less .

If I wanted MUCH MUCH more for less I would have bought the absolutely mint Jag XJ12 I saw at a Jag show last year, built in 1987 and one of the last with the V12 engine. Two files as thick as a phone book of receipts and evidence of it being well looked after - just 58,000 miles. By the end of the day the price on the For Sale notice had dropped from £4,000 to just £2,500.

So by your argument this Jag is better than the TS because it costs less - it has three times as many cylinders too!

Folks it's raining in Leeds/Bradford today hence ninosport has too much time to spend trolling.

"I just dont see the point in that car at all even the C1 and 107 when you can get some much more for less."

Read my post again.

If you compare like with like you can't get so much more for less .

If I wanted MUCH MUCH more for less I would have bought the absolutely mint Jag XJ12 I saw at a Jag show last year, built in 1987 and one of the last with the V12 engine. Two files as thick as a phone book of receipts and evidence of it being well looked after - just 58,000 miles. By the end of the day the price on the For Sale notice had dropped from £4,000 to just £2,500.

So by your argument this Jag is better than the TS because it costs less - it has three times as many cylinders too!

No my argument is that you could of bought something better than a £9k city car that really isnt that good overall. I like Toyotas just think the Aygo and IQ thing is a fail due to how much they cost. You can get a 2nd hand car thats better than them and nearly as cheap to run.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links