Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Lift Bolts

donegal corolla

My cars almost done 60,000 miles now, its the facelift model, is it worth me changing the lift bolts at the same time as i do the 60,000 service?

I changed mine at 60k... they were showing signs of wear so for £1.08 it's worth doing :thumbsup:

hi all just out of interest how much was the main dealers charging you per bolt?? when i phoned up my local they didnt know wat i was on about so i had to give them all my deatails and they would get back to me took them 3 days to get their head around the whole thing and told me it would cost me 2 pound 40 pence a bolt!!! has anyone else had this wxperiance with main dealers just thinking of a random number for parts??

paid about 1.50 for mine. marc got 4 from kingo at the time so there was £1 or £2 delivery on it with all the other bits in the order.

just been into my toyota garage to order some - £1.25 for 2 (i think thats excluding VAT)

and i dont think they knew what i was talking about either (although they were still really helpful - i went in at 5:45 after they had closed and they still processed my order for me), but i had the part code written down

Just ordered 2 lift bolts £1.25 for the 2 including VAT.

While I was there I enquired about toyota doing the job and the fact that it is not supposed to take very long and they want £180.00 excluding VAT, they said something about having to lock the cam in place and doing this and doing that, as it is not a straight forward job.

Is it really such a fiddly job

nope, its a doddle, cam doesnt need locking.

Anybody on this site know of anyone in my area that can do these as I would like to go to someone that I can trust with my car.

Not sure of anyone in the wales area :(

O.K. cheers.

Got a guy that has done my cars for years and knows his stuff, but with this being what it is not sure if he will have done one before, will have to find out or look around.

get the 'how to guides' up, print them off, give them to him, pretty sure he will be able to do so no issues. it really isnt as big a job as people think.

it really isnt as big a job as people think.

Just to prove ricc's point, I did my bolts myself without any issues in under 30 mins.

get the 'how to guides' up, print them off, give them to him, pretty sure he will be able to do so no issues. it really isnt as big a job as people think.

Had a look but can't see a "how to" on changing the lift bolts, plenty on the other stuff but no bolts.

Had a look but can't see a "how to" on changing the lift bolts, plenty on the other stuff but no bolts.

This is for the celica, but the process on the corolla TS is identical.

Lift Bolts

Ricc did my bolts on a warm engine at a meet before we even went in to eat food. :lol:

This is for the celica, but the process on the corolla TS is identical.

Lift Bolts

Thanks for that. :thumbsup:

I have seen that one before on here, but could not find it now that I wanted it.

What sealant should I use for it?

Is it instant gasket?

not used any sealant on the ones i have done. universal blue would do the job though.

Oh O.K. it is just that on the tutorial it says to re-apply sealant before replacing the cover. :unsure:

Can anyone tell me please what to torque the lift bolts down to, as I can't find it on the tutorial.

Thanks.

ive read between 5.5 to 7.5lb..people say tight, but do not overtighten...

Or just do it by hand until it stops turning :lol:

I did the same, there isnt a specific torque setting for the lift bolts from what i have heard. A reasonable tightening with the socket spanner worked fine for me.

As my old apprentice trainer used to tell me...........FT my son FT :censor: Tight :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Sorry chaps there was a huge tongue in cheek at FT, OBVIOUSLY any bolt with such a small thread shouldnt be FT, I guess I never thought anybody would think me serious :rolleyes: I've looked and cannot find a specific torque for it. Tight will do!

Kingo :thumbsup:

lift bolts shouldnt be FT kingo :( theyre a soft allow unlike a steel thread or nut!!!

A gentle pull on a 6" extention say 1/4 turn past snug at most. Hard to explain, I do it all by touch and have never had a problem yet.

Only thing I fo FT on it drivetrain items, like shock pins, drop links, wishbones etc. Even wheel nuts shouldnt be FT :P

This is just confussing me more is it FT or not?

Last thing I want to do is go to tight and snap one.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links