Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tow Bar

elvyn

I see from a pdf file from johnan (in reply to a query on spare wheel ) On page 2 just above the wheels on option there is a Detachable Tow Bar? I did not think the cars were allowed to have these or is it a bicycle rack? :rolleyes:

I see from a pdf file from johnan (in reply to a query on spare wheel ) On page 2 just above the wheels on option there is a Detachable Tow Bar? I did not think the cars were allowed to have these or is it a bicycle rack? :rolleyes:

Interesting. I have a towbar-mounted rack for our bikes which we simply dropped on top the towbar we had on our Corolla Verso. We sold the car last week. It's a superb bike rack and I'd hate to sell it but without a viable towbar option on the iQ it seems I have no choice. Then again, if you can get a towbar then does that mean you could not use a trailer? Something like the one I used to borrow for taking occasional rubble and garden waste to the local recycling centre.

I shall make enquiries at Toyota but if it's not a factory fitted option then I guess that hits your warranty for six if you could fit a third-party item?

Edit: Is that PDF file containing the list of options issued by Toyota? There's no company name listed on it.

• 2 months later...

My handbook says the IQ is not designed to tow and should not be used for towing.

My handbook says the IQ is not designed to tow and should not be used for towing.

I bought the iQ 1.3 so I can tow a caravan down to Cornwall, mind you it's only a small six-berth. There's an increasing amount of black smoke when going up steep hills, but it's mostly all motorway, so as long as you keep the power on, there's no real problem. I change the oil every 2500 miles to keep the engine happy.

I bought the iQ 1.3 so I can tow a caravan down to Cornwall, mind you it's only a small six-berth.

I caught a glimpse as I passed on the other carriageway, for a moment I thought it was a Smart pulling the six berth.

Rgds

:rolleyes:

I saw an iQ pushing a six berth caravan up a steep hill. Then I noticed up front a 4x4 Chelsea Tractor was pulling both. No doubt the iQ is used as a vacation runaround. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links