Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Drop In Centres

ricc

Right guys, I pretty much do this anyway but thought Id post up make it more organised and see if anyone else was interested in this. Had a word with Les and he is OK for me to post this up..... so.....

Basically I'm willing to lend a hand to members of the forum with regards to maintenance and mechanical issues. Those that wish to do a similar thing in other areas of the country may also post up their info in here. The more the merrier, but please only do so if you are truly comfortable working on someone else's car.

Ricc - Midlands/Northampton

''Untrained mechanic, but been maintaining and modifying my own and friends vehicles for the last 9 years. If I know I can do a certain job I will say so, at the same time IF I am unsure I will 100% advise you to use a qualified mechanic''

Servicing & General Maintenance.

Upgrades/Modification fitment.

Painting, small items considered. (Full panels and large areas not even entertained)

Minor electrical work.

Please Remember!!. . . . . .

• It is expected that you are able to travel to the location of the member offering help, not them travelling to you!
  • Members offering assistance may not be mechanically trained and can not be held responsible for breakages/damage caused during jobs. Although care is taken to do the best job possible.
  • If the job you need doing is too complex or critical, the person(s) offering help in the area have the right to decline help and as such advise you to use a Dealer or Independent garage.
  • This is also the case if on initial inspection the work required is not as discussed. Where again, you will be advised to visit a Dealer or Independent garage.
  • There are no warranties and no guarantees on any work done.
  • Visits should be discussed and arranged in advance.
  • Any parts and consumables should be supplied by yourself and in good working order.
  • This is an offer of help to forum members, it is not here to be abused.
  • This offer of assistance is in no way related to, or associated with the TOC forum and its staff.
  • Always use a dealer/independent garage if you have any concerns

• Like 2

Nrgizerbunny, Lincolnshire,

Fully Trained Mechanical Engineer with Chartered Status and member of the institution of mechanical engineers and engineering council. I have one or two guides circulating around on here so fairly well clued up i guess.

Will do the following:

Mechanical

Maintenance

Electrics

Mods

Free Technical Advice

Will not do:

Painting.

• Like 1

Matt Prince, Bathgate, Scotland.

Third year Ford apprentice mechanic, only about 5 months till i get my papers.

Good to do:

Mechanical,

Maintenance,

Electrics,

Mods,

Technical Advice.

i think this is a great idea.

i think the reward is basically a modest fee or beer tokens!

Any 'reward' is entirely up to the person seeking help...

If it turns out members are expecting payment then their details will be removed from this thread.... unless they take out a members subscription to be able to advertise ;)

• 3 months later...

HI guys, I dont use the site a huge amount but im a mechanical and electrical maintenance engineer by trade and my hobby just happens to be rebulding engines and cars so if anyone in east anglia (particularly, im afraid to say, good ole backward Norfolk) needs some free advice or assistance gimme a shout and Ill gladly help where I can. I will not do painting for anyone though as I havent the time or patience lol!

Oh and im gonna be doing my clutch in the near future was gonna take some pictures and make a how to if people are interested but its not a job for the beginner!

Mike

• Like 2

dawesy AKA lee

burnaston toyota employee for 16years. before that i worked as a mechanic at a local garage.

live in nottingahm.

willing to help work on members cars at home or their house

have a comprehensive tool set and willing to help with anything from a service to a custom engine transplant.

also have spraying equipment and willing to do small spray jobs (no full cars)

OBD diagnostic software is also available

• 4 weeks later...

Kynan Parris-Jones

Not a qualified mechanic, self taught and have performed an engine strip down myself so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Will do:

*Mechanical work

*Modifications; engine/brakes/exterior/stereos etc.

*Some bodywork (filling, angle grinding but NOT painting panels) but I will paint things like mirrors, spoilers, interior parts/fascias.

*Soldering

*Replacing interior parts; seats, trim panels, vents and carpet

*Replacing panels like doors/tail-gates including the wiring if necessary

*Replacement of wiper motors etc.

*Servicing

*Maintenance

*Technical Advice

Feel free to phone me to ask what exactly I can do. I am happy to help with most things. If I am not confident that I can do it then I will say so and won't waste your time. This is also dependent on which Corolla model you require help with. I can do pretty well anything on AE92 GTi's and the 4A-GE engine.

I live in two places, both in Milton Keynes. I live in Wolverton which is where I would carry out any work and I live in Stony Stratford which may affect dates I can work on.

07*** *** ***

KP

MOBILE PHONE NUMBER REMOVED FOR PERSONAL SECURITY.....PLEASE CONTACT BY PM

• Like 1

Kynan Parris-Jones

Not a qualified mechanic, self taught and have performed an engine strip down myself so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty.

Will do:

*Mechanical work

*Modifications; engine/brakes/exterior/stereos etc.

*Some bodywork (filling, angle grinding but NOT painting panels) but I will paint things like mirrors, spoilers, interior parts/fascias.

*Soldering

*Replacing interior parts; seats, trim panels, vents and carpet

*Replacing panels like doors/tail-gates including the wiring if necessary

*Replacement of wiper motors etc.

*Servicing

*Maintenance

*Technical Advice

Feel free to phone me to ask what exactly I can do. I am happy to help with most things. If I am not confident that I can do it then I will say so and won't waste your time. This is also dependent on which Corolla model you require help with. I can do pretty well anything on AE92 GTi's and the 4A-GE engine.

I live in two places, both in Milton Keynes. I live in Wolverton which is where I would carry out any work and I live in Stony Stratford which may affect dates I can work on.

07*** *** ***

KP

Not wishing to rain on your parade but:

Is that a free-phone number,

Are you allowed to advertise for work on TOC banned.gif

And most importantly are you insured to do this work on other peoples cars. driving.gif

Be very careful...

• 6 months later...

Hiya to all kind members on this forum willing to offer help here. this is such a wonderful idea as most of us including me in this forum are not too technically minded.. receiving all experts advice and all sort of help. I Wonder if anyone from LEEDS area willing to sacrifice a few of your precious hours to help me examinate a CTS i am about to purchase this saturday? as i am not familiar with this car it would be wonderful to recevie a second opinion. Reward will be a meal in the local (possibly harvester) and a couple of pints of your favourite lagar!! I am happy to pick you to and from home.

CHEERS!

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone's local to me I can do most jobs.

I'm local to Easton which is west of Norwich on the A47. Postal area NR8

About me: I'm a fully trained plant engineer and have worked on various machines from lorries, vans, mobile cranes, diggers, forklifts e.t.c

Although I no longer work as an engineer I'm fully capable to do all jobs and have almost every tool for every job and act as a mechanic for all my friends, family, neighbours and do all my own work myself.

I'm a massive fan of mechanics and engineering and am always tinkering with something and spend most of my time on my obsession which is building steam engines with a friend :thumbsup:

Only things I won't touch, purely because I quite simply don't have alot of spare time these days are gearboxes, engine overhauls, clutches, heater matrixes or electrical faults that involve having to dig around inside looms etc or any jobs that would take more than 6-8 hours.

As a general idea of jobs i will/wont do:

Most general jobs are okay:

servicing which includes oil changes, brake discs, brake fluid & bleed, coolant flush & refill, pads, cables, filters e.t.c

general repairs, alternators, starter motors, gaskets, exhausts & replacment of other general parts such as wishbones, ball joints, bushes e.t.c

Small to medium welding jobs. I have the ability to weld ally and steel as well as stonechip, underseal etc.

general problem finding & electrical fault finding.

Won't do:

Major electrical issues

heater matrix or related issues

clutches

gearboxes

bodywork repairs other than some welding jobs

C.V's

wheel bearings

• 4 weeks later...

Flushed the heater matrix yesterday with ngizerbunny.

Really nice chap, thanks again for your help! Are still nice and warm:)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone in the Essex area?

Could do with someone taking a look at my suspension, Its knocking somewhere and I just haven't got the time too look myself these days, will pay of course

Drop me a PM, im in the Basildon area.

Ta

• 1 month later...

Phil01,

I live in Kent and can travel to Essex, Surrey, and surrounding areas.

Willing to carry out service work, any mods, read diagnostic trouble codes and clear them down. etc etc

25 yrs experience working as a Master Tech on Toyota and Lexus, Now work for Jaguar/Land Rover on the technical side.

Drop me a PM if you need any help

• Like 1

Right guys, I pretty much do this anyway but thought Id post up make it more organised and see if anyone else was interested in this. Had a word with Les and he is OK for me to post this up..... so.....

Basically I'm willing to lend a hand to members of the forum with regards to maintenance and mechanical issues. Those that wish to do a similar thing in other areas of the country may also post up their info in here. The more the merrier, but please only do so if you are truly comfortable working on someone else's car.

Ricc - Midlands/Northampton

''Untrained mechanic, but been maintaining and modifying my own and friends vehicles for the last 9 years. If I know I can do a certain job I will say so, at the same time IF I am unsure I will 100% advise you to use a qualified mechanic''

Servicing & General Maintenance.

Upgrades/Modification fitment.

Painting, small items considered. (Full panels and large areas not even entertained)

Minor electrical work.

Please Remember!!. . . . . .

• It is expected that you are able to travel to the location of the member offering help, not them travelling to you!
  • Members offering assistance may not be mechanically trained and can not be held responsible for breakages/damage caused during jobs. Although care is taken to do the best job possible.
  • If the job you need doing is too complex or critical, the person(s) offering help in the area have the right to decline help and as such advise you to use a Dealer or Independent garage.
  • This is also the case if on initial inspection the work required is not as discussed. Where again, you will be advised to visit a Dealer or Independent garage.
  • There are no warranties and no guarantees on any work done.
  • Visits should be discussed and arranged in advance.
  • Any parts and consumables should be supplied by yourself and in good working order.
  • This is an offer of help to forum members, it is not here to be abused.
  • This offer of assistance is in no way related to, or associated with the TOC forum and its staff.
  • Always use a dealer/independent garage if you have any concerns

hi there mate are you very far from Leicester and how can i contact you about a fault that i have when startng my corolla

• 9 months later...

I live in Durham and willing to help out anyone! I'm a semi retired mechanic with over 20 years experience and after recent events, totally lost faith in money grabbing garages! Anyone else that feels the same feel free to drop me a message and I'll help out if I can! ;)

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

i have a 1991 1.3 corolla hatch and it has got a noise at the front similar to a wheel bearing on the way out,i have checked the bearings all round,all perfect no slack.i have rotated the wheels from front to back and used the good spare as well on the suspect side,still got the annoying noise.i noticed the other day that on a 30 mile run noise was the same as usual,but on the way home loaded with a couple of cwt the noise was considerably worse.has anyone got any idea of what it could be it driving me mad.thanks in advance for your help.lezzyboy

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm looking for someone or a recommendation of a decent and trustworthy garage to give my CTS a full service. I'm based in Essex (St Osyths - Near Clacton on Sea) although I am in Norfolk every other weekend more or less.

If you can help then please drop me a pm :)

• 7 months later...

Looking for a diagnostic guru in Dartford area :)