Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Much Weight Can An Aygo Take?

Harriet_Beaumont

Dunno exactly, but I do know it's less than the weight of 5 average people :lol:

Well I have 2 600w subs + heavy enclosure + 2600v amp (heavy) + my fat ***** + passenger + one small person in back and it scrapes....

I did once have 6 people in the car ...... wasnt planning to go anywhere...... thankfully..... cos it couldnt move

My Aygo + has an empty weight of 805 kg and a maximum weight of 1190 kg, according to its registration. I.e., total weight of persons and cargo is 385 kg.

I would guess that with most compounds, volume is a more stringent restriction than weight. How many gold bars did you plan to transport? :D

Well I just wondered because I only had 3 people and a baby in their the other day and it could hardly move, I didn't look to see how close it had gotten to the ground either :|

Well I just wondered because I only had 3 people and a baby in their the other day and it could hardly move, I didn't look to see how close it had gotten to the ground either :|

I bet that was your American fat mother in law wasn't it! Come on, no small hatchback in the world ever is going to take that sort of load. It's a 1 litre car with sub optimal gearing, ie 5th goes to infinity and beyond :D so what do you expect? If you want an all round car go buy a Focus 2.0 dci Titanium Powershift Estate because that is the best car on earth all round for the family. When you go to the Aygo, like any small car, you have to make compromises though. Always has been, always will be.

Good luck in finding your motoring Nirvana

Andy

I bet that was your American fat mother in law wasn't it! Come on, no small hatchback in the world ever is going to take that sort of load. It's a 1 litre car with sub optimal gearing, ie 5th goes to infinity and beyond :D so what do you expect? If you want an all round car go buy a Focus 2.0 dci Titanium Powershift Estate because that is the best car on earth all round for the family. When you go to the Aygo, like any small car, you have to make compromises though. Always has been, always will be.

Andy

Hey! I will get a car like that when I have a family, right now I am one small girl and an aygo is perfect for me :P

Hi Harriet,

I would'nt worry too much, I'm 22 and had my aygo full of my mates, yes it slowed it down, and felt like i had just fitted lowering springs - but its ok. Its just with it being a small light weight car, when you fully load it its a large % increase of weight for the engine to pull along, hence you feel the difference.

998cc of fun, i think its ace - and i did have a yaris before the aygo!

I've now got an incentive for going on a diet... I seem to get out of ferrying friends about because of they don't want to hear the moans about the seats lacking memory when they get in the back! The joys of a 3 door Aygo!

I did once have 6 people in the car ...... wasnt planning to go anywhere...... thankfully..... cos it couldnt move

I was driving in the Scottish highlands during a torrential downpour with my brother when we saw two very wet looking German hitch-hikers plus their rucksacks. I stopped to give them a lift and a third appeared from behind the bushes with another large bag.

The Rabbit-Fish was able to take the 5 of us plus all our luggage the 40 miles to the next town without incident; the front end of the car did feel very light and I didn't dare go much above 40mph. There must have been at least 400kg on board!

Its nice to know that there are people out there who would stop and give some strangers a lift in the pouring rain.

As I drive alone most of the time, I've not thought it was safe to do so. Sad really.

I've not thought it was safe to do so. Sad really.

Hitch hikers are quite a rare sight these days, (though thanks to Mssrs Darling and Brown it might be about to undergo a resurgence as a means of transport) and the people that do it are always glad that anyone stops at all.

When you think about it rationally though, if someone wanted to assault a car driver, they're more likely to want to do it to someone specific rather than a random individual who happened to stop for them, furthermore, the risk that a hitch hiker faces from a dangerous, drunken or violent driver is much greater than the driver faces from the hitch-hiker.

There are thankfully very few murderous maniacs in the world so the likelihood that you will pick one up or be picked up by one is also very small. Plus, you drive an Aygo so you're probably not very rich and won't have very much on you that's worth stealing and anyone who hitch-hikes will also be similarly impecunious!

Good points another_pleb but I still don't think I will be picking strangers up unless I was with someone else. Likewise, I don't think I would hitchhike either. My father used to do it all the time during the 1980s to get to work when the car was off the road with a fault but he was off to Felixstowe Dock so only had to flag down a lorry who was inevitably going there too.

I'll say never say never and might well give a lift to some lady hikers but no men - they can walk ;)

Andy

Hey! I will get a car like that when I have a family, right now I am one small girl and an aygo is perfect for me :P

Heh :) I was being a bit cheeky there. I've had 5 people in mine and the after market exhaust ground against the rear beam on the suspension and we got 2 feet. I had to chuck someone out into a Golf and then it was ok. That person was me as I was biggest sadly and my wife had to drive the Aygo. Couldn't drive my own car, mind you I do like a lot of pies.

Rule of thumb if you have 2 rugby players in the front, or oiled up body builders, then make sure you have less wellbuilt people in the back, like Cheryl Cole and Dale Winton.

That also might bring a bit of romance back into Cheryl Cole's life as well. :yahoo:

Andy