Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Extended Warranty?

PapaHett

Does anyone here have the Toyota Warranty for their TS? If I was to buy a TS from an Approved Toyota Dealer they give a 12 month warranty.. and you can extend it for around £700~. But a TS has come up locally, and it's about £1000 cheaper than the one from Toyota. But does anyone know if I could still get the warranty put onto it? Or is there even much point?

Does anyone here have the Toyota Warranty for their TS? If I was to buy a TS from an Approved Toyota Dealer they give a 12 month warranty.. and you can extend it for around £700~. But a TS has come up locally, and it's about £1000 cheaper than the one from Toyota. But does anyone know if I could still get the warranty put onto it? Or is there even much point?

get in touch with warranty direct less than £300 for my compressor only things not covered are clutch/brake pads discs,exhaust, but mine is stainless anyway.

I bought from a Toyota Dealer with a 12 month warranty I did get a letter to Extend the warranty, not sure it was £700 tho

I'll be investing in warranty Direct for a year once mine current runs out... although the clutch is the only thing i'd be worried about

The price I was Quoted were the £545 and $510 in the ! year extension 1.4 - 2.3 litre category

It one of those things, like on the edge if you don't take it / Live £500+ out of pocket if you go and don't use it.

Would you take out car insurance if it wasn't a legal requirement?

get in touch with warranty direct less than £300 for my compressor only things not covered are clutch/brake pads discs,exhaust, but mine is stainless anyway.

But what is the claim limit per claim with warranty direct?

Kingo :thumbsup:

Might be better just putting the money into an bank account. Warranty direct published a 'reliability' table including average repair costs and 97-04 corolla has an average repair bill of £134.93. You will have to factor in 'sod's law' :)

Reliability Index

You are Priceless Kingo

:blush:

Well a SIMILAR THREAD is running with the same topic. There is NO off the peg warranty that can match the cover and benefits offered by Toyota, but there are plenty who flog cheap warranties only for you to find it is next to useless when you try and make a claim

the value of the car!

You are Priceless Kingo

:blush:

Well a SIMILAR THREAD is running with the same topic. There is NO off the peg warranty that can match the cover and benefits offered by Toyota, but there are plenty who flog cheap warranties only for you to find it is next to useless when you try and make a claim

Would the Toyota Warranty work the same as the current one? We have a good relationship with the local dealership, if anything needs to be done.. They'll just take it in, and sort it out. Or are there extra things that have to be done (ie, actually claiming) on my side..

the value of the car!

Are you sure?

If you take out one of their FULL PROTECTION warranties you get "Realistic claim limits"

You also have to pay additional premiums to take it to a franchised dealer as they only pay £40 per hour labour rate, you pay the difference unless you pay an extra premium, this is what they say "However we feel that an additional premium should be paid by customers who want to take their car to a franchised dealer, or an expensive garage, to have their car repaired" Not much fun if your car goes bang and is recovered to a main dealer, you end up having to pay the difference or getting the car moved to an independant. You also have to instigate the claim process yourself

All I am saying is that off the peg warranties, whilst cheaper, do NOT offer the same benefits as the manufacturer warranty. Cover is not the same as warranty direct covers far less componants

the value of the car!

Are you sure?

If you take out one of their FULL PROTECTION warranties you get "Realistic claim limits"

You also have to pay additional premiums to take it to a franchised dealer as they only pay £40 per hour labour rate, you pay the difference unless you pay an extra premium, this is what they say "However we feel that an additional premium should be paid by customers who want to take their car to a franchised dealer, or an expensive garage, to have their car repaired" Not much fun if your car goes bang and is recovered to a main dealer, you end up having to pay the difference or getting the car moved to an independant. You also have to instigate the claim process yourself

All I am saying is that off the peg warranties, whilst cheaper, do NOT offer the same benefits as the manufacturer warranty. Cover is not the same as warranty direct covers far less componants

ok £50 excess per claim,policy limit value of vehicle,air bag/emissions covered,car hire inc 7 days@£50,repairer DEALER,hotel expense £250,labour rate FRANCHISE PRICE,limit per claim VALUE OF VEHICLE,not covered bodywork,brakes-pads /discs/shoes,clutch,contaminated fuel,sundries.ALL IN BLACK AND WHITE on the policy.all for £282 and the supercharger is covered. :lol:

ok £50 excess per claim,policy limit value of vehicle,air bag/emissions covered,car hire inc 7 days@£50,repairer DEALER,hotel expense £250,labour rate FRANCHISE PRICE,limit per claim VALUE OF VEHICLE,not covered bodywork,brakes-pads /discs/shoes,clutch,contaminated fuel,sundries.ALL IN BLACK AND WHITE on the policy.all for £282 and the supercharger is covered.

Ditto, same as for my Comp.

On your recomendation so Im knocking on your door if it goes tits up :D

ok £50 excess per claim,policy limit value of vehicle,air bag/emissions covered,car hire inc 7 days@£50,repairer DEALER,hotel expense £250,labour rate FRANCHISE PRICE,limit per claim VALUE OF VEHICLE,not covered bodywork,brakes-pads /discs/shoes,clutch,contaminated fuel,sundries.ALL IN BLACK AND WHITE on the policy.all for £282 and the supercharger is covered.

Ditto, same as for my Comp.

On your recomendation so Im knocking on your door if it goes !Removed! up :D

it won't cause you took the cover mine is the best its ever been :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links