Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bumper Damage After Slow Speed Skid On Ice

ssid

Hi all

I had a very slow slide (5mph or less) on sheet ice going around a corner in my 2005 Avensis hatch. The back end came out and scratched the bumper and rear door of another motorist who was completely stuck on the ice. The damage to my bumper is minor with a few scratches. The bumper section near the wheel arch popped out slightly but a gentle tap put it back in quite easily. Besides the scratches on the bumper (not to concerned about this) the bumper near the wheel arch is now completely flush with the body work (perfect panel fit) whereas on the other side there is a small gap (this is what both sides were like originally). Is the gap there to prevent moisture building up.

Basically i have a £200 excess - should I get it repaired (I will have to use the insurers repairer if I want a courtesy car) bearing in mind that I will probably have to take it back three times as there is always a problem - even with a simple repair. I can just see the parking sensors not being refitted correctly or the paint bubbling up etc! - I have already experienced this with an approved Toyota bodyshop on another vehicle!

What do you think folks?

When I had the work done on my Camry, I took it to this tiny little place that almost looks like a shed. Family run place. To a big insurance based body shop, there always guaranteed to get work, so they'll probably be fine, but for the most part it doesn't matter. A small family places business is all based on reputation and word of mouth so the work has to be good, they also had a couple of courtesy cars which they would let you borrow whilst the work is being done, so really it's up to you, ask around other people you know in your area.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links