Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Recalls - Dealer Freebies

miss_d_bus

I had my car checked as part of the accelerator recall this week and it took just under 3 hours.

I wonder what anyone got from their dealer for the hassle?

They vacuumed the inside (annoyingly I did it last weekend after a year of building up hair and fluff all over the place!) and washed the outside.

No fuel, no wine but at least its sorted now and I've got peace of mind.

Ours has gone it for the pedal recall today (just dropped it off this morning). Doubt we'll see anything either :P

The folks got not just any old voucher, but an M&S voucher £20. This is obviously to buy replacement underwear after the accelerator stuck on. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Good one Oilkid.

I'm happy with the car wash as it was well overdue. I reckon if you write to Toyota Customer Services and was in any way out of pocket by the recall (worth bothering over), and write a polite letter, they might help you towards the costs. For me, its about 225 miles of multiple trips to the dealer plus breakdown recovery but I appreciate my case is exceptional.

Apparently £20 M+S Voucher headed our way too. That will do, but my fight for x2 new tyres FOC goes on!

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently £20 M+S Voucher headed our way too. That will do, but my fight for x2 new tyres FOC goes on!

I've got the M&S vouchers now.

Thank you Toyota - you paid for Mother's Day :cheers:

(I know - it is cheap.)

Do Toyota GB have a email address?

I booked my Aygo in for the recall well in advance but when I took the car in I got the usuall Toyota treatment of "Sorry, we don't have the parts, so you have to come back again tomorrow".

I had to take out their courtesy car (which wasn't automatic), and they even had the audacity to ask if I want to pay the insurance damage wavier.

What is the point of booking an appointment in advance if they don't get the parts before hand? I really don't get how Toyota treats their customers???

This wasn't the first time they did this to me. (And not the second time either!)

Ben

Er, guys!

Just because you take your car into Toyota. Its by NO GAURANTEE that your safe. Read this link. A guy in America took his car,a nd it still jammed even AFTER the recall.

You`ve been warned!

P.s There`s also a video from an American news channel

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/09032010/36/toyota-prius-driver-uses-police-car-stop-0.html

Er, guys!

Just because you take your car into Toyota. Its by NO GAURANTEE that your safe. Read this link. A guy in America took his car,a nd it still jammed even AFTER the recall.

You`ve been warned!

http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/09032010/36/toyota-prius-driver-uses-police-car-stop-0.html

that was on a PRIUS and their is no way the pedal can jam on on a prius FACT unless you have cheap mats!!!!!!!!its people like the above poster who scare people!!!!!

also the man in question is going to be charged by the police due to the fact their was nothing wrong with the car and is a know'n fraudster!!!

Enough of the scaring people, get back onto the subject. I think it's pretty decent that people are getting M&S Vouchers and the like, it shows Toyota are actually bothered and have seen that errors have been made. I've only been a Toyota owner for a matter of months, but I'm already more than impressed with their service.

Er, guys!

You`ve been warned!

that was on a PRIUS and their is no way the pedal can jam on on a prius FACT unless you have cheap mats!!!!!!!!its people like the above poster who scare people!!!!!

also the man in question is going to be charged by the police due to the fact their was nothing wrong with the car and is a know'n fraudster!!!

Where do you get your facts dude? Not so sure as I read this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246553/Toyota-consider-UK-car-recall-defective-accelerators-U-S-models.html

Note in the article the paragraph

"However, a spokesman in the UK said it did not yet know how many of the cars in its range sold in the UK - which includes the Prius, Rav4 off-roader, the British-built Avensis saloon and Auris hatchback and Yaris super-mini - will be affected by the fault but was working to tackle the problem."

Toyota dont know how many of its cars are affected. My previous email is testimony that the Pruis is affected.

I think the major problem is with mats (and the driver's intelligence in some cases). With the trottle-by-wire system, its 'easy' for a mat to ride up and jam the accelerator, which is what my dealer said. They are removing all mats that are not fixed by that clamp thing when the car goes in for the recall but stating they can't stop us using it but be warned, if it is not anchored, it could jam the pedal.

I've been told Toyota are bringing out a cheaper version of their mats for this very reason.

So far I have lots of praise for my local dealer and Toyota, despite having a rant some months ago about it when the fault was hard to identity. The £20 gift voucher must have set them back a few bob but M&S must be happy!

It'd certainly be a very good idea for Toyota to bring our a "cheaper" version of the mats with the anchor plugs. My car came with the proper Aygo mats, with the anchor plug, and it's impossible for them to slide up behind the accelerator, let alone move. They're also the exact right shape, so don't interfere with the pedals. So it would be a very good idea for Toyota to make them more accessible to some people, as I'm sure the current car-specific mats aren't particularly cheap...

I believe the carpet mats are currently £42 with the rubber ones being over £50! The dealer has said they will contact me when the new mats are out but it's been a few weeks so it might be a while before I have any info to share.

Er, guys!

You`ve been warned!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1246553/Toyota-consider-UK-car-recall-defective-accelerators-U-S-models.html

"However, a spokesman in the UK said it did not yet know how many of the cars in its range sold in the UK - which includes the Prius, Rav4 off-roader, the British-built Avensis saloon and Auris hatchback and Yaris super-mini - will be affected by the fault but was working to tackle the problem."

Toyota dont know how many of its cars are affected. My previous email is testimony that the Pruis is affected.

i am a SMT,TLT tec for a toyota main dealer dude and have been for over 5 years i also do the recall!!!!!the prius is not affected by the same recall as the aygo the prius req a softwear update for the braking system.......

pedal recall......

yaris

aygo----MMT ONLY

iq

auris

avensis

RHD RAV 4 IS NOT AFFECTED NEITHER IS THE PRIUS!!!!

i my self have done over 100 of these recalls so i know what i'm talking about and doing!!

Er, guys!

You`ve been warned!

i am a SMT,TLT tec for a toyota main dealer dude and have been for over 5 years i also do the recall!!!!!the prius is not affected by the same recall as the aygo the prius req a softwear update for the braking system.......

pedal recall......

yaris

aygo----MMT ONLY

iq

auris

i my self have done over 100 of these recalls so i know what i'm talking about and doing!!

Thats great! You`re a technician for Toyota. An engineer! You might want to expain to us why a Pruis didnt stop in America and the police had to help. Its been on NATIONAL TV over there. I brought up the fact how a spokesman DIDNT know what cars are affected and for some reason, or other you say its not? Still NO explanation. :(

^ The Prius incident was in America... we're in the UK. I think the Toyota technician above should be praised, they must be going through a real rough patch, what with late opening hours and so many cars to get through. I personally think that's probably enough without unrelated, American Prius incidents adding to the work!

Er, guys!

You`ve been warned!

pedal recall......

yaris

aygo----MMT ONLY

iq

auris

Thats great! You`re a technician for Toyota. An engineer! You might want to expain to us why a Pruis didnt stop in America and the police had to help. Its been on NATIONAL TV over there. I brought up the fact how a spokesman DIDNT know what cars are affected and for some reason, or other you say its not? Still NO explanation. :(

have you not been listning the boy in the above case is now being charged by the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!he is a KNOWEN FRAUDSTER!!!!!! also their is a recording going about of the boy on the phone the operator TOLD HIM WHAT TO DO and he didnt listen to any of it!!!his car was inspected by 3 diff garages and nothing was found to be wrong.....oh and the car did stop its self!!!!the police parked in front of it in case...but answer me this.....how come soon as the police caught up with him the car started to slow down and stop??you think the car noticed???

i know what cars are affected i check and fix them and i along with the other tecs follow the storys.

also look at the part about parts made in america to parts made in japan!!!

Er, guys!

You`ve been warned!

pedal recall......

yaris

aygo----MMT ONLY

iq

auris

have you not been listning the boy in the above case is now being charged by the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!he is a KNOWEN FRAUDSTER!!!!!! also their is a recording going about of the boy on the phone the operator TOLD HIM WHAT TO DO and he didnt listen to any of it!!!his car was inspected by 3 diff garages and nothing was found to be wrong.....oh and the car did stop its self!!!!the police parked in front of it in case...but answer me this.....how come soon as the police caught up with him the car started to slow down and stop??you think the car noticed???

i know what cars are affected i check and fix them and i along with the other tecs follow the storys.

also look at the part about parts made in america to parts made in japan!!!

also just read this part...

Despite pressing the brake pedal hard, Sikes claims that the Prius kept accelerating with speeds of up to 90mph reached. Eventually his brakes began to smell as they overheated.

that would be impossable!!!at that speed the electric motor slows it down regen braking(ie the pads are not in contact with the disks) their for their would be no smell!!!

and could i say a thanks to aygoGUMMY who knows just how much work we have got to do, overtime sats very late nights only for a doughnut to start going on about a prius in the aygo section and to make matters worse go on about the american cars!!!i have not seen my wife much (shes a traffic cop and works shifts)or my pup bailey since the recall started sunday i'm shattered then monday it all starts again!!!

but thank you again aygoGUMMY

:) I just don't think people are realising how much work Toyota appear to be putting into this recall to get back on track. The media are quite happy to publish any story which brings Toyota down... today The Times were going on about how the Prius sales in the US are down 40% "because of the recall"... it's actually because of the over-hyped publicity. Kia are recalling their new Venga mini-MPV due to issues with the seatbelts not working properly in a crash - this didn't make the news. As I've said, my car hasn't been affected, but even I can appreciate the work Toyota are putting in to regain their kudos, although in all honesty, I don't think much of it has been lost in the first place... it's only the ignorant people who don't even own Toyotas that are misleading everyone else, along with the media with their "Toyota are suffering badly..." headlines. Hope you get some time off soon, ormi!!

Did anyone hear about the so-called parents worried that Toyota cars would suddenly zoom onto the paths outside schools and kill their children!?

Its the nonsense like this that gets on my nerves. Yes, it was very scary when my car had its fault at times (towards the end when it was at its worst) but I never lost control of the steering or the braking. Yes the car did go faster but it was not reaching the Aygo's top speed. The pedal was stuck on half way. I was scared because I am a relatively inexperienced driver who wasn't mentally prepared for what happened, not because the car would actually take me up to 95 mph outside a Chelsea primary school and really going to kill me. It was more about my perception of safety and driving experience.

I'm currently writing a paper for uni on American power - interesting to note in an article I read today that it was in 2007 where Toyota was predicted to overtake GM in sales/profit - I wouldn't be as bold as to suggest that this recall came in handy for GM to retake their lead market position?

At least the loyal Toyota customers value what all the techie guys are doing. I heard nothing but positive comments from other customers whilst waiting for my car to have its recall work done.

:) I just don't think people are realising how much work Toyota appear to be putting into this recall to get back on track. The media are quite happy to publish any story which brings Toyota down... today The Times were going on about how the Prius sales in the US are down 40% "because of the recall"... it's actually because of the over-hyped publicity. Kia are recalling their new Venga mini-MPV due to issues with the seatbelts not working properly in a crash - this didn't make the news. As I've said, my car hasn't been affected, but even I can appreciate the work Toyota are putting in to regain their kudos, although in all honesty, I don't think much of it has been lost in the first place... it's only the ignorant people who don't even own Toyotas that are misleading everyone else, along with the media with their "Toyota are suffering badly..." headlines. Hope you get some time off soon, ormi!!

to be honest in this country toyota sales havent been affected that bad.also if you notice all the story's stem from america and not here!!!

in different countrys the list of cars affected change and thats what people dont understand, american lhd rav4 affected rhd rav4 isnt.

then you have the people confusing the recalls like the above poster he reads something and thats true, fact is the prius has the abs/vsc softwear upgrade and not the pedal recall.

the paper has reported aliens running about and people have seen them but that doesn't mean its true!!!

but heyho their always will be one doughnut that will argue the toss the thing i find funny is its always the people that dont know the diff between a cam shaft and a calm day!!!!

well stats say we've only got through 40% so wont get time off any time soon :crybaby:

at least the wife understands well she understands the £££££££££££££££ at the end of the month. :lol::lol:

oh take merc sprinter vans,theirs a recall on them for oil pipes whats happening i hear you say......

they split pumping oil on to the red hot turbo causing fire........how come the media isn't going nuts???

oh take merc sprinter vans,theirs a recall on them for oil pipes whats happening i hear you say......

they split pumping oil on to the red hot turbo causing fire........how come the media isn't going nuts???

Exactly - it seems to me like its an anti-Toyota ploy coming from the United States that the British media have picked up on.

Other manufacturers seem to be getting their recalls out as the radar is firmly on Toyota at the moment, even if it could potentially burn the driver alive, ahem... Honda, Merc, etc.

Unfortunately no one is interested in the very safe record of the manual Aygo as that doesn't sell papers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links