Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Warning Light Yaris Tr D4d

Alcdrew

The warning light was on this morning, although the car seems to run fine. Any one got any ideas as to what it might be and if whatever's wrong with it is likely to be covered by the warranty? Cars only a year half old, done just under 14k. I've book it in at the garage and they are going to check it, just looking for a heads up on cost etc...

The warning light was on this morning, although the car seems to run fine. Any one got any ideas as to what it might be and if whatever's wrong with it is likely to be covered by the warranty? Cars only a year half old, done just under 14k. I've book it in at the garage and they are going to check it, just looking for a heads up on cost etc...

Will all be covered under warranty... both the initial inspection and repair. If your dealer tries telling you otherwise tell em sling their hook and go to another toyota dealership. The wonders of having a 3 year warranty!

Good news, was getting a bit worried, as a Google search brought up comments of people having to pay upwards of £1000 for new Cat and ECU when the warning light comes on. Was starting to think I had jinks'd Toyota by buying from them.

The warning light will relate to a code so the dealer will be able to tell you what caused it to come on, as mentioned don't pay for a thing!

Unless you've filled it with Petrol or run it out of oil or missed a service :eek:

Well the light has now turned itself off... It was booked in on tuesday, so will give them a call on Monday see if it's worth still taking it in, would the car store the code so they'd know what was wrong?

To answer your questions Cab, it's only ever been filled with diesel, if it had run out of oil wouldn't the oil light have come on? not the engine management light? but no it still has the correct amount of oil in it as it did last time I checked, it had it's first years service as I got a 50% discount on that when I bought the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links