Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Throttle Cable Required

scousedrivinggod

Hi guys.... got to fit a new throttle cable over the weekend on my 1997 Carina E

Just wanted to know if its an easy swop or is there something tricky lying in wait for me?

on a second note are these common faults on a carina as no factors carry the cable - had to fork out over £70 for dealer part!! ...still Toyota and Accelerators eh! Thanks in advance Scouse :unsure:

Hi guys.... got to fit a new throttle cable over the weekend on my 1997 Carina E

Just wanted to know if its an easy swop or is there something tricky lying in wait for me?

on a second note are these common faults on a carina as no factors carry the cable - had to fork out over £70 for dealer part!! ...still Toyota and Accelerators eh! Thanks in advance Scouse :unsure:

Hi Changing the throttle cable is pretty straightforward. In answer to your second query - yes its very unusual to have to change a throttle cable on the carina 'e' as it doesn't come under much strain. Main dealers don't carry them - they have to order - BUT the price should be more like £20. A price of £70 is damn steep.

Well job done...a bit awkward but at least I have more than one strand of cable now!!

can't believe they can charge so much for a simple bit of kit ... anyway off to enjoy a heavy right foot again !

thanks guys

Good information.It's really informative tips write now.Well job done...a bit awkward but at least I have more than one strand of cable now!

Edited by cfc1
advert removed

Good information.It's really informative tips write now.Well job done...a bit awkward but at least I have more than one strand of cable now!

Sorry for not giving an 'in depth' guide...the reason i had one strand of cable left was 'cos i had to cut out all the little frayed bits that were catching in the sheath and stopping the throttle from releasing - not a good idea!

So as a guide to replacing worn throttle cable.. remove throttle pedal and bulkhead bracket, remove cable end at throttle body, release cable from clips and remove through bulkhead.... just reverse the steps to fit new one...hope this helps anyone with the same problem.