Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Indicator Buzzing - Faulty Relay?

redoctober

Hi another newbie here,

I've just bought at '92 Carina E GLI. Its in pretty good nick apart from one or two things. I'm hoping I can delve into the brains of more knowledgeable people than myself on this forum!

The indicator stalk works OK but sometimes it buzzes and the indicators stop working. If I cancel them and do it again it seems to correct itself and works fine. The chap I bought it from said it could be the relay for the indicators.

Does this sound correct to anyone? If so, how difficult would it be to fix this and where do I start?!!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

Hi another newbie here,

I've just bought at '92 Carina E GLI. Its in pretty good nick apart from one or two things. I'm hoping I can delve into the brains of more knowledgeable people than myself on this forum!

The indicator stalk works OK but sometimes it buzzes and the indicators stop working. If I cancel them and do it again it seems to correct itself and works fine. The chap I bought it from said it could be the relay for the indicators.

Does this sound correct to anyone? If so, how difficult would it be to fix this and where do I start?!!

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Pete

What engine do you have, and where exactly does the buzzing noise come from

Hi philbee,

Its the 1.6 4A-FE lean burn engine.

The buzzing sound seems to be coming from the indicator stalk itself. I would like to fix it myself and the chap I bought it from said it shouldn't be too difficult.

Can you assist at all?

Thanks

Hi philbee,

Its the 1.6 4A-FE lean burn engine.

The buzzing sound seems to be coming from the indicator stalk itself. I would like to fix it myself and the chap I bought it from said it shouldn't be too difficult.

Can you assist at all?

Thanks

I recently had a car of this model. The first thing I would try would be to start by removing the stalk and cleaning the fluff and dirt from the contacts which is bound to have gathered,and which will clog up the mechanism and maybe short the circuit out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links