Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla 2.0 D4d Average Mpg

shazy

hi all

great forum been reading up on a lot of things over the last two weeks.

having purchased a colour collection 55 plate 2.0 D4D i am bit worried about the MPG it is showing 37MPG on the trip computer. i have reset it.

what does your show or do?

Also have tried to turn the annoying seat belt beep off to no luck. tried various methods found on the net and here but no joy.

Any advice info appreciated.

hi all

great forum been reading up on a lot of things over the last two weeks.

having purchased a colour collection 55 plate 2.0 D4D i am bit worried about the MPG it is showing 37MPG on the trip computer. i have reset it.

what does your show or do?

Also have tried to turn the annoying seat belt beep off to no luck. tried various methods found on the net and here but no joy.

Any advice info appreciated.

Firstly welcome to the club...

... its good to see another diesel owner!!! You should average around 46mpg with your car, a good service and possibly get you engine flushed and reset the ECU... then see how your mpg improves, if not then further investigation would be needed...

... hope you enjoy your new car!!!

Would you be interested in the POD? I'm sure you have read about it?

Miles

37 is a bit low, however what sort of usage do you do? The engine will take 5-10 minutes to warm up in urban use which means the choke is running which lowers the MPG heavily on warm up.

If you only go local and the engine doesn't get warm thats all your going to get.

37 is a bit low, however what sort of usage do you do? The engine will take 5-10 minutes to warm up in urban use which means the choke is running which lowers the MPG heavily on warm up.

If you only go local and the engine doesn't get warm thats all your going to get.

I agree with cabcurtains!

It has been a bit tooo nippy for the likes of my car, just letting it warm up drains a bit of fuel.

Ive got a 2.0T D4D (The mighty unrefined 90bhp) haha!

I cant say what the trip computer says because mines broken, the monkeys who owned it before me did something to the loom or amp... i'll be getting round to fixing.

However ive done the maths and my corolla is averaging around 42-44 MPG, not too bad =-)

perhaps try calculating it the oldschool way comparing your milage to the fuel used n compare that result with the computer!

Although in "Big Freeze" or w/e they're calling the winter this year my car did around 35mpg.

hi

thanks for all the replys, it is a bit T sport mad in here,

im going to give it a week or 2 and see how it comes along.

my journeys are 40 mile round trip to work and its in very light traffic aswell all A roads.

there is some local driving to the shops aswell.

managed to turn the seat belt chime off thank god for that must have taken over 50 goes.

how do i know which power my car is?

hi

thanks for all the replys, it is a bit T sport mad in here,

im going to give it a week or 2 and see how it comes along.

my journeys are 40 mile round trip to work and its in very light traffic aswell all A roads.

there is some local driving to the shops aswell.

managed to turn the seat belt chime off thank god for that must have taken over 50 goes.

how do i know which power my car is?

I'm guessing you have the 2.0l Turbo Diesel which I believe is either 110bhp or 116bhp... There was a topic about a year ago to do with the power of the diesels and if there was any varient between the SR and other models.

Always good to have more Yorkshire folk in here :thumbsup:

(Even if you do drive a diseasel.... :lol: ;) )

Always good to have more Yorkshire folk in here :thumbsup:

(Even if you do drive a diseasel.... :lol: ;) )

Get back in your box 'petrol head' :P

I have the same model car and, on a run (Motorway admittedly) on Saturday the computer was telling me 50.5 mpg. Wouldn't get that round town though I bet.

diseasel lol lol lol.

well i havent told you what my weekend car is yet............................

the corolla is kind of quick once it gets going, had a 90bhp golf before this.

I have the same model car and, on a run (Motorway admittedly) on Saturday the computer was telling me 50.5 mpg. Wouldn't get that round town though I bet.

what do you get round town?

In the past very cold weather my 116BHP 2.0D4-d gave me roughly 30-35mpg but that was driving with the heater on full and the engine not getting warm before I reached my destination. Usually around town I get close to 40mpg and on a long run I've managed 60mpg before, I think mine averages out at around 43mpg but saying that my car does have 85000 on the clock even though it has been very well looked after...

I've been reading about the infamous EGR valve but I don't know whether its worth the risk of breaking something to get some extra mpg out of the engine?

In the past very cold weather my 116BHP 2.0D4-d gave me roughly 30-35mpg but that was driving with the heater on full and the engine not getting warm before I reached my destination. Usually around town I get close to 40mpg and on a long run I've managed 60mpg before, I think mine averages out at around 43mpg but saying that my car does have 85000 on the clock even though it has been very well looked after...

I've been reading about the infamous EGR valve but I don't know whether its worth the risk of breaking something to get some extra mpg out of the engine?

i have heard about the egr valve as well, one of these days im going to lift the bonnet up.

diseasel lol lol lol.

well i havent told you what my weekend car is yet............................

Spill! :lol:

Whereabouts in Yorkshire you from?

its nothing too special just a gas guzzling E46 M3,

prefer to do my daily slog in to work on something thats not going to cost me too much and prefer the comnfort of a car over the train or bus.

im about 19 miles from leeds, work in leeds.

19 miles which way?

i'm 8 miles from Leeds towards Wakefield :lol:

Work on the outsirts of Leeds down Geldard Road

• 2 weeks later...

i have heard about the egr valve as well, one of these days im going to lift the bonnet up.

do it, doesnt take that long and iav noticed at difference after just a few miles :thumbsup: