Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seats

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

Well I'm thinking about getting some new sports seats but not sure what will fit i like the style of the TypeR Recaro seats but i don't want it saying TypeR on my car. What seats are they or what do i need to fit them in e.g what sub frames?

They are Recaro Speeds....its not the seat that dictates the fit or not, its the rails..I have some Recaro speeds to fit to my Corolla...all I plan on doing is adapting the existing Corolla rails

i understand its the rails, but is also the width/height/depth of a seat which also dicates proper fitment.

i correct my original post, ' i wodner if celica seats would fit using existing rails, seat set up etc.'

i understand its the rails, but is also the width/height/depth of a seat which also dicates proper fitment.

i correct my original post, ' i wodner if celica seats would fit using existing rails, seat set up etc.'

someone find out please lol

I have been looking at doing this aswel, seen a nice set of seats but never got round to it.

But now someone has done it i think ill do it aswel.

Or you could save up for the T-Sport Alcantara seat, although they cost the same amount as I've spent on my rolla! :lol: Or more I think... not sure..... :unsure:

Found the thread where they got priced....

So a quick edit on my last post!! :lol:

LMAO, i thought it suddenly jumped a grand ....

The extra grand covers the dealers labour rate for the time they will spend going "eh? alcantara seats? t sport? you what?"

:lol:

Found the thread where they got priced....

So a quick edit on my last post!! :lol:

:o :o :o

Thats 1k behind GTi expenditure!..... I think that its out of the question, unless your parents are very rich jono! :P Or a sudden lottery win.... ;)

Cost of the Leather/Alcantara T-Sport seats are outrageous!!! Wouldnt even consider them unless they were £200sh. But that aint gonna happen.

Would rather plough my money into some Recaros!

That's what I'll end up doing I think. But what frames do you need for the corolla?

waw love the celica seats, i think our seats are lovely and comfy but could do with alot more support

the golf has brilliant bucket seats as standard, ours should be the same

The Celica seats require quite a bit of work to get in if you not used to lots of DIY metal Fabrication it maybe to big of a job, but a garage should be able to sort it out for you. But you could face a high labour bill in which case you might as well plough the money into some recaro with a rolla subframe and just swop them over yourself its 4 bolts per seats.

Or if you fancy a challenge... in short you have drill new holes in the floor for the front guide pins on the celica subframe. Then what i did was cut off the rear OEM celica mounts fab my own mounts and weld them on the sub frame. i guess i could of done something with the frames off the orginal T sport seats but i wanted to keep them so i could put them back in should i ever want to. Either way your looking at quite a few hours fabricating and ubiking about.

However i love them! They change the driving position to the position of the celica, so you feel like you lying down much more sporty feeling postion...the stock steats feel like you standing over the pedals in comparision... word or warning though if you shorter then 5'5" you may have problems seeing well enough you drive safely and the seats are really positioned low and visability can be affected.

Joel

Think I'll go for a set of recaros but few other things first like the spoiler.