Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Filling Speed

Isafeld

Greetings All!

No complaints about my fuel consumption, rarely drops below 45mpg and generally over 50, however roads in Cornwall are quiet in winter and there are no motorways and few dual carriageways so 60mph is the order of the day. Just as well I don't need to fill often because it takes a lifetime! I can only fill at a relative trickle and feel a bit silly when the guys in the big motors pull up and put in £70 worth in the time it takes me for £25 worth!

Am I putting the filler in at the wrong angle or something? does anyone share this problem?

Greetings All!

No complaints about my fuel consumption, rarely drops below 45mpg and generally over 50, however roads in Cornwall are quiet in winter and there are no motorways and few dual carriageways so 60mph is the order of the day. Just as well I don't need to fill often because it takes a lifetime! I can only fill at a relative trickle and feel a bit silly when the guys in the big motors pull up and put in £70 worth in the time it takes me for £25 worth!

Am I putting the filler in at the wrong angle or something? does anyone share this problem?

I did my first fill-up yesterday and it all seemed to flow through quickly enough and was faster than the fuel-slurping Corolla Verso I had. Mind you, a fill-up costing £25 is perhaps something to savour. I'm quite sure that most owners pumping in £70 worth envy your £25 worth. Rather thrice as long and thrice the smile. :D

Greetings All!

.................. Rather thrice as long and thrice the smile. :D

I love the word "thrice". It's so much tidier than "3 times" that we use here in the US. I'm going to practice.

Hi.

I used to get a clicking noise and stopping when I put the pump fully in. (especially in Asda). Now I just leave it a bit out and at an angle.

Now I just leave it a bit out and at an angle.

And what about the fuel pump??????:P :P :P :P :P

sorry, could not resit that one! :P :P

Seriously though, never had a problem with it. I always remember the fiat punto suffered from that all the time. I remember it being a big issue and remember the phrase watchdog (on the BBC) used as their headline for that problem... You cant get any spirit into your punto! I loved that headline as it was very clever . (incase you dont remember the fiat ads, it said "spirito de punto" love it. The "fix" people found was to insert the pump upside down and it worked for most affected cars. Perhaps try that. I believe the real problem was a thin tube that went to the tank and the pump was too quick for it.

Thanks for all the replies!

I'll try the inverted nozzle approach... Yes, eco9rat, I know!.. I suspect the problem is with the size of the air pressure relief tube, so I guess I'll just have to savour the sight of the £70 fill-ups all around me!

For the benefit of our American friend jlstrange, there were a number of proverbs employing the word thrice ie. "Thrice measured, once cut", wish I could remember them!

I should add that overall I think the IQ is a great little car!