Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2nzfe To 1nzfe Conversion

Vitz2001

I own a yaris 2001 model that had a 2NZFE 1298cc engine on it. I replaced this engine with a built bottom end 1NZFE for Turbo.

When I went to register the engine to the authorities, they said that I need to pay hundreds of pounds to register it legally due to larger engine size. I made some research and it seems the the 2NZFE engine is about the same to the 1NZFE which the only thing that differ is only the stroke.

I am thinking of putting the 1NZFE pistons and rods into the 2NZFE engine. Of course the block needs to be modified to accept longer and wider rods together with some custom made head studs.

If you know of any who done this please reply with link or comment

Thanks

Seems alot of hassle when you could have just bought the 1NZFE for not much more than selling the 2NZFE!

You are correct the only difference is the stroke!

Seems alot of hassle when you could have just bought the 1NZFE for not much more than selling the 2NZFE!

You are correct the only difference is the stroke!

It is a hassle I didn't expect but I prefer doing this instead of wasting money on a piece of paper.

I am mainly concerned if the modification to the block will hold all the boost (about 20-25psi Max) but at least I wish to be sure there will be no complications that I could face before hand

So what do you think guys?

The NZFE block will hold 150bhp without needing uprated interals as thats what the turbo runs in japan

i bought 1nzfe engine (only engine with injectors etc), swap it with my 2nzfe, with 2nzfe stock wiring + ecu + no modification...used to use emanage blue, now changed it to emanage ultimate for more tuning...thats all... stock 1nzfe can hold .7 boost, roughly 170hp/ 150whp... above that, u need to change piston n conrod, clutch + flywheel to stand the boost...

i bought 1nzfe engine (only engine with injectors etc), swap it with my 2nzfe, with 2nzfe stock wiring + ecu + no modification...used to use emanage blue, now changed it to emanage ultimate for more tuning...thats all... stock 1nzfe can hold .7 boost, roughly 170hp/ 150whp... above that, u need to change piston n conrod, clutch + flywheel to stand the boost...

If I understood right you swapped the hole engines right?

If that's the case, I am not referring into this. I am referring to the rods and pistons of the 1NZFE into the block of the 2NZFE inorder to keep the same engine number for authorities sake.

As I said the 2NZFE block must be height modified to match higher rods and also some modfication due to wider rods.

BTW I forgot to mention that I am using Forged Arias pistons and Forged Carillo rods. Aswell having a Stage 3 clutch + full standalone managment system

All I need to know whether anybody ever done it or else what other complications might be needed (apart from the ones mentioned)

If I understood right you swapped the hole engines right?

If that's the case, I am not referring into this. I am referring to the rods and pistons of the 1NZFE into the block of the 2NZFE inorder to keep the same engine number for authorities sake.

As I said the 2NZFE block must be height modified to match higher rods and also some modfication due to wider rods.

BTW I forgot to mention that I am using Forged Arias pistons and Forged Carillo rods. Aswell having a Stage 3 clutch + full standalone managment system

All I need to know whether anybody ever done it or else what other complications might be needed (apart from the ones mentioned)

hmm its nice to know that...btw the reason why i swapped my engine to 1nzfe was to save the hassle of spending much on the rods and pistons + 160whp goal is easily achieved @ .7 bar... with ur current mod, i think u can go as high as 24psi (or more?) 250whp (or more?) without having to use the 1nzfe rods...well, thats just my opinion.. good luck with ur mod man ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links