Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed Pulse

Muhammad

I'm new to this forum, recently bought my 07 plate auris. I plan to fit a Pioneer avic f900bt within the next few days, and am wondering if anyone knows which wire is the speed pulse. Colour and location would be very useful as i have contacted toyota who said it varies across the board.

I would also like to know which wire is the speed pulse. My car is 2.0 D-4D.

what engine are we talking about?

I have a 1.6 dual vvti with mmt ..... i think it is a 1ZR - FE. I know on the yaris it is the pink/white wire behind the speedo and apparently on the hi lux and avensis it is a violet/red wire. I might just end up fitting it without the speed pulse, but i would like to if possible.

It´s pin no 36 (purple wire) on combination meter connector. Here is the diagram for you:

Could be the same for all engine types but i have to check.

CC_1AD.pdf

It´s pin no 36 (purple wire) on combination meter connector. Here is the diagram for you:

Could be the same for all engine types but i have to check.

Thanks for the reply, toyota however said it is different for evry model and so could not give a difinative answer. Once again thank you for your swift responce.

I have a 1.6 dual vvti with mmt ..... i think it is a 1ZR - FE. I know on the yaris it is the pink/white wire behind the speedo and apparently on the hi lux and avensis it is a violet/red wire. I might just end up fitting it without the speed pulse, but i would like to if possible.

Seems to be the same for 1ZR, it´s the purple wire, pin no 36. Here is the schematic diagram for your engine.

CC_1ZR.pdf

Seems to be the same for 1ZR, it´s the purple wire, pin no 36. Here is the schematic diagram for your engine.

Thanks alot :D you have been a great help. Sorry if it sounds silly but where would you recommend i access the wire from ? I just need to clip the speed pulse wire from the stereo on to it.

tnx

regardless your engine type, all auris have the same comb.meter and connector

the pin is indeed 36 but the color may be violet

is simple enough to remove the clock

pull out the frame and remove those 4 screws, then the clock is yours...

Thanks for all the replies. I fitted the unit a few days ago, with a few set backs but looks good none the less. Now to change the Speakers as the stock ones dont seem to be able to handle the bass.

• 6 months later...

regardless your engine type, all auris have the same comb.meter and connector

the pin is indeed 36 but the color may be violet

is simple enough to remove the clock;

pull out the frame and remove those 4 screws, then the clock is yours...

Just to be 100% sure.. Has the plug or the socket pins been numbered in the picture? If it is the plug, then is it the wired end or the open end of the plug? The picture is symmetrical. I would not want to mess with wrong wire. It is true - when starting counting pins from one side, the pin36 has purple wire and from the other side pin36 has green wire. But it has been said that the colours may vary.

Please help!

the colour of vss wire differs, of course, from an engine type to another...

in automotive industry, the terminal number is given by the plug terminals, which has female connectors inside, so you read from left to right and from up to down, therefore which colour is VSS wire in your case ?

the colour off vss wire differs, of course, from an engine type to another...

in automotive industry, the terminal number is given by the plug terminals, which has female connectors inside, as in this pcs. so you read from left to right and from up to down, therefore which colour is VSS wire in your case ?

Then it is purple after all.

Thanks a lot!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links