Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To Our American And Canadian Friends

jimma

After many months of deliberation (Used Skyline/Supra etc) I have decided the time is nearing in my life to buy my first new car and I really like the Matrix and am thinking of importing one into the UK. As it's a US/Canada only car I was wondering if some American members could post approx. how much an Xrs would cost and the same for any Canadian members (to see which is cheapest!!) Any help appreciated. Cheers. Jim.

The national Toyota web sites give this information:

US MRSP is $19,265 = £10,132

Canada is C$24,640 = £9,906

but only our cousins from across the pond will be able to tell you if you can get a decent discount.

The national Toyota web sites give this information:

US MRSP is $19,265 = £10,132

Canada is C$24,640 = £9,906

but only our cousins from across the pond will be able to tell you if you can get a decent discount.

Wow, thanks Yannick £9,906 sounds goooooooooooood, is this for the Xrs model? cos that is really cheap compared to a T sport Corolla which is what I think is the same car! Mind you, i do live in 'rip off, tax the a*** off you' Britain

Wow, thanks Yannick £9,906 sounds goooooooooooood, is this for the Xrs model? cos that is really cheap compared to a T sport Corolla which is what I think is the same car!  Mind you, i do live in 'rip off, tax the a*** off you' Britain

I just went to the national Toyota sites. The links follow:

Matrix USA

Matrix Canada

Since you specifically mentioned the XRS I found the list prices for that model in its basic form (ie with no extra options). Remember that these are list prices and costs of importing can be quite high.

Edited: forgot to mention that I use the Currency Converter page.

The one i want is Can$25,690 by the looks of things! :P

At £10,300 it's still good value compared to the 'Rolla TSport at £15,000 :D :D

fantastic value I could WELL be tempted by that come summer.... is the engine in the matrix better than the TS or is it the same car with a different name? From what I remember the matrix looks alot cooler than our euro model. :thumbsup:

Car prices over in the states and canada are very cheap indeedy, second hand prices are rock bottom. Have you tried looking at the US dealers websites etc

(i am well jealous!!)

fantastic value I could WELL be tempted by that come summer.... is the engine in the matrix better than the TS or is it the same car with a different name? From what I remember the matrix looks alot cooler than our euro model. :thumbsup:

photo_2.jpg

The Matrix is not exactly an American Corolla though it might share the same platform (others can confirm this). Personally I don't like the shape, but then I like traditional saloon car shapes :P

I'm also not too keen on the interior (too fussy):

photo_1.jpg

You can also get the 'rolla there (in 4dr saloon form) but not in Tsport :( :

photo_1.jpg

Just so that you can compare, here are the XRS engine specs:

1.8-liter DOHC

16-valve VVT-i

4-cylinder

173 hp @ 7,600 rpm

127 lb.-ft. @ 4,400 rpm

Note that the engine is not VVTLi.

The Tsport has:

1.8-liter DOHC

16-valve VVTL-i

4-cylinder

192hp

133lbf

and it is VVTLi

Finally the Matrix comes in 4WD in the XR and basic versions (but not in XRS :( )

P.S. visit the Australian TOC forums to see how much fun the VVTLi engine is compared to the standard VVTi :lol::lol::eek::lol:

P.P.S. I think that it's the same engine that is in my Avensis (1ZZ-FE) and I only get 129hp :unsure:

It is the VVTL-i engine. The yanks celica version is 180Bhp and this one in the matrix is tuned to produce power lower down than the vvtl-i we know.

God knows how the peak is 4000 odd?? Mines 6800

It is the VVTL-i engine. The yanks celica version is 180Bhp and this one in the matrix is tuned to produce power lower down than the vvtl-i we know.

I copy-pasted the info from the American website. It doesn't mention the L at all, so I have a doubt that the Matrix XRS has the VVTLi engine :blink:

Thanks for the pics Yannick. I just think this car looks great and would be superb with 17's and -30mm. I know it's not to everyones taste and I would agree with the post that the interior is too fussy. but I like it! :P

Thanks mate, you're a superstar.

The one i want is Can$25,690 by the looks of things! :P

$25,960 Canadian? That means it'll be about 27 bucks on this side of the border with the exchange rate...I smell a bargain.

:lol: ;) :P

Thanks for the pics Yannick. I just think this car looks great and would be superb with 17's and -30mm. I know it's not to everyones taste and I would agree with the post that the interior is too fussy. but I like it! :P

You're welcome. There are more pics on the American site at the link that I gave you in a previous message. It has a distinctive style, I'll admit, and I know that my tastes in cars are far from universal :lol: Anyway you'll have a pretty exclusive car, especially if you mod it a bit :thumbsup:

As to the engine, Oli may well be right. I've just gone on the website info, and they've been known to be wrong before :P

$25,960 Canadian? That means it'll be about 27 bucks on this side of the border with the exchange rate...I smell a bargain.

:lol: ;) :P

$27? Do you use different dollars in Racine? :P

I make it around $19,800 :lol:

I copy-pasted the info from the American website. It doesn't mention the L at all, so I have a doubt that the Matrix XRS has the VVTLi engine :blink:

You could be right... i just thought it was the VVTL-i

I have found out that this car is built in the US by GM for Toyota, it is also Badged as a Pontiac Vibe, which has even cooler looks and is CHEAPER!?!?!?!? So considering LHD is the only option anyway I might be tempted to drive a Pontiac. Would I still be an eligible member of this forum still, as it was designed by TOY and has a TOY engine? :)

I have found out that this car is built in the US by GM for Toyota, it is also Badged as a Pontiac Vibe, which has even cooler looks and is CHEAPER!?!?!?!? So considering LHD is the only option anyway I might be tempted to drive a Pontiac. Would I still be an eligible member of this forum still, as it was designed by TOY and has a TOY engine? :)

Hmmm... interesting:

brand_ext_photo1.jpg

brand_ext_photo5.jpg

brand_ext_photo6.jpg

brand_int_photo1.jpg

Quite honestly I don't see a whole deal of difference :P

As far as I'm concerned as long as you are a Toyota lover at heart then you'll be welcome :thumbsup: You'll come back to Toyota later anyway, I'm sure :D