Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knock Knock Knock!

CoCo24

hi guys

well as my last post there has been a knocking coming from the front. traveling at slow speeds and going around corner and also small bumps in our fine roads.

tried having a look the other weekend to see if i could find any wear or something underneath but couldnt see a thing.

so going to try and have another look again this weekend, but not happy :censor: because i was hoping to be going to this pod do, but not sure the car will survive it with this knocking.

just wondered if you guys had any suggetions into where i might be looking and possible things to rattle to find if its coming from there.

thanks guys

(will defo be going to the next meet)

:help2: :help:

I know this sounds stupid....But tighten your front strut brace. I remember i removed mine once and it was not totally tightened. It was a very noticable kind of knocking sound when going over speed bumps and stuff. Tightened it one day and the sound went away.

I know this sounds stupid....But tighten your front strut brace. I remember i removed mine once and it was not totally tightened. It was a very noticable kind of knocking sound when going over speed bumps and stuff. Tightened it one day and the sound went away.

Will have a go at that, any more ideas?

has ur car been lowered or hav u changed ur anti roll bars? it cud b a drop link rubbing onto ur suspension and it cud b a knackered wheel bearing

has ur car been lowered or hav u changed ur anti roll bars? it cud b a drop link rubbing onto ur suspension and it cud b a knackered wheel bearing

no the suspention is standard the only thing is i had the strut off when i changed my bolts.

i know this sounds bad but could you point me into the right direction into where i would be looking for those two??

sorry i know its a bad question!!

no the suspention is standard the only thing is i had the strut off when i changed my bolts.

Make sure all the bolts are tightened well, as william said you could check your wheel bearing by raising the car up and holding the wheel at 9 and 3 oclock and shaking it to see if it is a bearing or ball joint.

Check your sway bar bushings aswell for wear. But as mentioned tighten the strut properly to see if it stops noise. I thought it was my bushes and turned out it was the strut one day when i just tightened it.

Actually had my knocking fixed yesterday! Turned out it was the engine mounts after all..but that was only because I had the ES inserts fitted so not sure if that's your problem.

As above though, check the drop links.

thanks guys, ill give that a check at the weekend.

if anyone else has got any idea please feel free!

:D

any update with your gearbox problem chris, Was it the Motor mounts in the end. Did you remove them. I still need to put mine in.

thanks guys, ill give that a check at the weekend.

if anyone else has got any idea please feel free!

:D

Any ideas what the strut should be torqed too?

not sure off the top of my head but tighten it down properly just dont round a nut off lol.

not sure off the top of my head but tighten it down properly just dont round a nut off lol.

lol ill try not too, thanks guys

Actually had my knocking fixed yesterday! Turned out it was the engine mounts after all..but that was only because I had the ES inserts fitted so not sure if that's your problem.

As above though, check the drop links.

Cool :thumbsup: :D

any update with your gearbox problem chris, Was it the Motor mounts in the end. Did you remove them. I still need to put mine in.

Yeh turns out it was the mounts..forgot what the lads said though, but they just moved something further back so it wasn't hitting anymore. Get them fitted dude! Tbh the vibrations ain't that bad, can't even notice them anymore lol.

Ahh i see, well i put my trd shift knob back on.....seriously i swear it makes my gear shifting feel so much better. Might hit up some more gearbox fluid like redline mt90 and really need to get my clutch and stuff checked out.

Other than that yep i need to do those mounts will try and do it this weekend.