Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Few Questions

CorollaTS05

Just some questions:

what are people opinions on cheap universal back boxes, i fancy a cheap twin box for say no more than £100, whats the difference between that and say a £400 back box. Obviously the materials and quality and made to fit, but im just after more noise to go with the typhoon, so is there much difference in the sound produced by a cheaper box to a dearer one?

T sports dont tend to be that high milaged, not seen many over 100,000. I was wondering how many miles are these cars good for as mine has £70000 on the clock now and im doing over 20,000 a year so dont know weather to fob it off now before its worth noting when its doe 90-110,000 miles a year or two down the line... Im just thinking is a well serviced and maintened engine, with regular full temperature lift usage is likely to make 200,000 miles?

wheels - If i keep the car im going to have to get some bigger wheels, would you go for 17s or 18s and with these will they rub if i add lowering springs. Dont know weather 18s look to big for the corolla? also what lowering springs would u guys reccomend for the ts?

When i give my ts a hard time and the brakes get hot, when im slowing and coming to a stop there like a loud noise which is hard to describe, not like a scraping but a loud deep drone, ive took car into dealer and they have said theres plenty left in pads but one of the disks has a slight lip on it, but this wouldnt affect the performance of the brakes. Is it just they are getting very hot and i am experienceing brake fade and need better pads or is there a problem?

Another thing ive always wanted to know is, how come once a cars tracking/alignment has been knocked of center from brand new it can never be 100% corrected, ive had issues with this both on my yaris and corolla ts and they have laser tracked it this time, got it close but its still out by a couple of degrees which is anoying?

My electric window sometimes decides to go down when i hold it up and ive tried holding the switch as somebody mensioned in another post but this hasnt worked? any ideas?

How much should i be looking at for a respray of the bonnet and front bumper, there plastered in stone chips from the previous driver?

and my last moan is the windscreen, i also had this problem on my yaris, when using the wipers when raining its always blurry the windscreen and sometimes makes visability poor, ive tried thoroughly cleaning it and bought new wipers and last week tried 'rain x' and nothing seems to work, its still blurry when the wipers move accross the screen, just like my yaris until the screen got a crack in it and i got a new one. I just cant understand what has caused this or whats been put on the screens to make them blurry and not buffable? any ideas? might crack it myself and get a new one as its !Removed! dangerous when driving in the wet.

i apologise for this mega post, i only get on here once in a while and things get build up and i just dump it on you all, any help really apreciated!

i have a cheap Uni back box and although i don't like the tail pipe its fine and is a good cheap mod to do.

I have 45mm H&R lowering springs on 17" wheels no rubbing and thats with a fatter tyre than most people have 225/45/17

As for the window i have the same thing with my driver side but i just got used to it and dosnt really bother me.

Engine should be good for more than 200,000 miles i would think i have 75,000 miles and runs perfect like new just keep well maintained.

i just got new wipers on mine them new AirO ones from my local motor store cost about £13 a blade look so much nicer and work soooo much better i used to have the same thing your talking about but now i can't believe my eyes how clear it is like i just cleaned my windows.

Just some questions:

what are people opinions on cheap universal back boxes, i fancy a cheap twin box for say no more than £100, whats the difference between that and say a £400 back box. Obviously the materials and quality and made to fit, but im just after more noise to go with the typhoon, so is there much difference in the sound produced by a cheaper box to a dearer one?

T sports dont tend to be that high milaged, not seen many over 100,000. I was wondering how many miles are these cars good for as mine has £70000 on the clock now and im doing over 20,000 a year so dont know weather to fob it off now before its worth noting when its doe 90-110,000 miles a year or two down the line... Im just thinking is a well serviced and maintened engine, with regular full temperature lift usage is likely to make 200,000 miles?

wheels - If i keep the car im going to have to get some bigger wheels, would you go for 17s or 18s and with these will they rub if i add lowering springs. Dont know weather 18s look to big for the corolla? also what lowering springs would u guys reccomend for the ts?

When i give my ts a hard time and the brakes get hot, when im slowing and coming to a stop there like a loud noise which is hard to describe, not like a scraping but a loud deep drone, ive took car into dealer and they have said theres plenty left in pads but one of the disks has a slight lip on it, but this wouldnt affect the performance of the brakes. Is it just they are getting very hot and i am experienceing brake fade and need better pads or is there a problem?

Could be the anti lock brakes?

Another thing ive always wanted to know is, how come once a cars tracking/alignment has been knocked of center from brand new it can never be 100% corrected, ive had issues with this both on my yaris and corolla ts and they have laser tracked it this time, got it close but its still out by a couple of degrees which is anoying?

My electric window sometimes decides to go down when i hold it up and ive tried holding the switch as somebody mensioned in another post but this hasnt worked? any ideas?

How much should i be looking at for a respray of the bonnet and front bumper, there plastered in stone chips from the previous driver?

and my last moan is the windscreen, i also had this problem on my yaris, when using the wipers when raining its always blurry the windscreen and sometimes makes visability poor, ive tried thoroughly cleaning it and bought new wipers and last week tried 'rain x' and nothing seems to work, its still blurry when the wipers move accross the screen, just like my yaris until the screen got a crack in it and i got a new one. I just cant understand what has caused this or whats been put on the screens to make them blurry and not buffable? any ideas? might crack it myself and get a new one as its !Removed! dangerous when driving in the wet.

i apologise for this mega post, i only get on here once in a while and things get build up and i just dump it on you all, any help really apreciated!

funny you mention the tracking, mine was out so i also had it laser tracked in stockport,

my steering is now a couple of degrees out to the left when before it pulled to the right, it tracks nice now tho so sometime i will have it done again but at toyota in stockport,

and the windscreen, mine also does the same.

it seems better though when the glass is warm from the heaters.

mine has 71k on the clock and with regular oil changes and a regular peep under the bonnet all is well!!!

your brakes, i reckon it just wants a fluid change,

notice your in manchester aswell, your not one of the T sports i keep seeing are ya???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links