Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Do You Use?

jonnnnnnnnnnnno

Well i was in Halfords today looking at the Auto Gylm products and was very tempted to buy some of it but i decided to get your opinions and ideas on the products you use and the steps you do it all in so i can get a really good finish.

I do clean my car very well takes about 5 hours in the summer when its really nice and i can be bothered to spend the time doing so.

I need some new cleaning products so give me your vies on the stuff you use and what's best.

I have a hot tap on my house so i use that at 60C and a kaercher pressure washer. at that temperature you don't really get the water marks you do at low temperature. + hands don't hurt from cold.

I use Merguires cleaning line. All of their products! :D

Can't fault them. ;)

Im moving onto some more hardcore products after the car leaves the body shop. Chemical guys and dodo juice products are next.

However there is one thing i cannot fault.....meguiars for the price they have some real good products and would recommend it.

I always used gold class wax.

The auto glym stuff is good I use some of their products. I use a ton of different products on mine. Will try to remember them all. Meguiars for waxs and clays. Bilberry for my wheels (as its non acidic and smells nice 2). Dodo juice and Britemax for my shampoo. Dodo juice for pre cleaner. Tyre gloss called I4D. Inside I wud use Maguiars again for shampoo and Britemax for my dashes. For my windows use auto glym fast glass and for the rubber seals I use 1Z Gummi Pflege which is amazing. Thats all i can think of at the moment

Turtlewax Nanotech (xmas pressent :lol: )

Auto Glym Aqua Wax

Obvious bits too like a sponge and bucket with water in :lol:

Use karcher pressure washer to rinse car clean first, excellent for alloys. I wash my car once roughly every 4-5 days with simonz shampoo/wax all in one jobby, and rinse clean with cold running water, then hard dry with some large super absorbant towels i got from costco lol.

But every couple of moths, i do the whole monty. A single shampoo, then polish, and finally a wax. At momment i got a simonz shampoo, mer polish, and trying some simonz hard wax. Came up a treat.

Im well into my detailing. Do you want me to post up a thread or even add too this a few stages i do???

I use a lot of prducts and i got a few lol!!!

Farhan - Dodo all the way buddy. Try Born to be mild shampoo, great shampoo and smells fantastic, so good ive come close to eating it lol!!

I would recommend chemical guys they have some really good products..but you can end up spending a lot...as mentioned above bilberry wheel cleaner is an absolute dream for your alloys. Auto Glym is good and gives a great finish but it doesnt last long enough.

Also try some victoria wax.

Im well into my detailing. Do you want me to post up a thread or even add too this a few stages i do???

Farhan - Dodo all the way buddy. Try Born to be mild shampoo, great shampoo and smells fantastic, so good ive come close to eating it lol!!

Please do buddy want to give my rolla a sparkle :D

i just use 5 Eastern European chaps at my local carwash for £5 place.... they do a great job of cleaning and drying while i sit in my warm car kicking back listening to some tunes. Can't beat it!! £7 they dust and hoover for me to. Easy street baby!

Joel

I'm pretty lazy about it all - just a quick blast with megs gold class shampoo, rinse off, blade off the standing water, then dry by hand. Comes up really nice just for that. Once the bad weather eases off I will grab the sonus clay bars, and I have some megs polish and also some wax kicking around too.

Ok well i'll start another thread. Up to the mods if they want to sticky it lol!!!

I'll start a new thread as i can give a guide on a quick wash, protecting wheels etc etc.

I'll start off next week with protecting the wheels as the car is going to the bodyshop.

Another great product range is Autosmart. Get in contact with them and they will email you the number to your local rep. Try g101 as an all purpose cleaner (for arches & sills). Tardis for tar removing (you'll soon see how good it is) :thumbsup:

A few (ex!) girlfriends have accused me of being obsessive about the way I keep my cars clean :D , so here goes...

Wash with Turtle wax shampoo. Polish with Collinite wax polish (which beat Maguires in an Auto Express comparison.... http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/prod...ite_no476s.html ). Windows treated with Rain-X then cleaned with AutoGlym window polish. AutoGlym bumper care for all external plastics, and tyre walls (I know it says not to be used on tyres, but that's to cover their backsides because it's slippy). AutoGlym alloy wheel cleaner, and AutoGlym wheel seal afterwards.

Inside.. AutoGlym fast glass, a good brush and vacuum, and for plastics a cloth with some GT85.

The above gets done about once every six months, normally the Turtle wax shampoo followed by a rub down with a chamois is enough!

At the moment its Goldclass shampoo, Megs Cleaner Polish, SRP, Megs Goldclass wax, EGP Sealant. SmartWax Rimwax, either megs/tutrlewax (spray and gel) tyre malarky.

Details of the cleaning process vary depending on weather, how minging the car is and how bothered I am.

Turtlewax Nanotech (xmas pressent :lol: )

Auto Glym Aqua Wax

Obvious bits too like a sponge and bucket with water in :lol:

I use Auto Glym Aqua Wax as well super quick and easy way to wax your car :thumbsup:

I mostly use auto glym stuff :yes:

• 1 month later...

Where is this thread, i can't seem to find it?

I use Autoglym products all the time for wax and polishing duties, glass cleaner, aqua wax(for quick cleans) and super resin polish. I use tire treatment but only clean the wheels with elbow grease and normal car shampoo. I have to confess I use Halfords own brand shampoo as it seems to be just as good as more expensive products.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links