Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aston Martin Cygnet

iq-ownersclub.com

it looks mint

aston_martin_cygnet_press2-thumb-520x324-4570.jpg

from the press release

“Many of our customers have a need for a small car for urban and city use,” said Aston Martin Chief Executive, Dr Ulrich Bez. “The Cygnet Concept brings intelligence, innovation and artistry to the small car market. The Cygnet Concept represents the natural choice for those customers looking for a premium commuter car. Our past, our future and our backbone will always remain sports cars, but the Cygnet Concept will support this by offering our customers a greater degree of freedom in the urban context.”

source : IQ-oc

most of that is full of tosh if you ask me, tarting it up and asking for 50k???

intelligence, innovation and artistry to the small car market.

i thought the iq did that already? from the most i have read they are sounding like the iq does not exiast.

what do you think yay or nay?

worth the 20k premium?(with options)

to be fair...if you lead that sort of lifestyle and can afford to buy an aston martin in the first place...i think 20k should not be too much of a pain

I think it's already been proven that the majority of super car owners, particularly Aston owners (due to a survey) do also own a smart car to get around in for every day use. Smart idea from Aston, it'd be nice to see Aston do so well independently from any major car manufacturer now and if this is what it takes then I welcome it. At least they didn't use a smart car as the base for a cygnet ;)

• 1 year later...

If anyone is interested in seeing one in the metal take a trip to JCT600 in Leeds.

I was just joining the A3 the other day and saw an IQ go past, but it wasn't an IQ it was a cygnet. He didn't hang about but I caught him up and sat behind him for a while. Also saw one yesterday sat at the dealers in Walton-on-Thames.

Isn't the cygnet an attempt by Aston Martin to lower the CO2 average across their cars due to EU regs??? I am sure that is the aim of the car, the rest is just 'spin' to get them through the doors

Isn't the cygnet an attempt by Aston Martin to lower the CO2 average across their cars due to EU regs??? I am sure that is the aim of the car, the rest is just 'spin' to get them through the doors

Yes, this is what I'd read as well.

Lots of attention in the press because of it's price and the Aston Martin brand, and it has a knock-on affect upon the iQ which I'm thinking is positive?:unsure:

Sue

Yes, this is what I'd read as well.

Lots of attention in the press because of it's price and the Aston Martin brand, and it has a knock-on affect upon the iQ which I'm thinking is positive?:unsure:

Sue

can you take your driving test in this car?

I believe not and I guess it's because the car is physically too small.

No you couldn't take your test in it as the rear view / c pillar is good enough !! Gent on here ages ago who bought one for his driving instructing only to be informed the IQ is one of the few cars that can't be used as such in the UK.

As the Cygnet is basically a rebadged IQ I guess the same applies.

Si