Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Box

funkyg

My Avensis was parked up the other night when it was subjected to a hit and run by an uninsured driver.

Luckily for me there was an ex copper who saw the whole thing and let me know, so we have tracked down the driver and he has paid up in full.

Anyway, behind my front bumper that was damaged there was a white plastic box with ridges in it. The guy that took my car in was giving me a quick quote and and I asked him what it was. He said it was an air box that goes before the air filter, but he didn't know what it did exactly. He said that his guy at Toyota didn't know what it actually did either!

Mine is a 2001 2.0 vvti, does anyone here know what this air box is actually for?

Cheers.

It is a resonator airbox, it has a sub-chamber configured to reduce the noise associated with the flow of air through the air intake assembly during normal operation of the engine. In other words it quietens down the rush of air

Kingo :thumbsup:

It is a resonator airbox, it has a sub-chamber configured to reduce the noise associated with the flow of air through the air intake assembly during normal operation of the engine. In other words it quietens down the rush of air

Kingo :thumbsup:

Nice one, thanks for the quick reply!

Ah bet you go hillwalkin' Kingo, with one of those waterproof / windproof overgarments, with 43 pockets and zips, and a hood, with a wee bit that pulls through from the back at the crotch to attach front and back, and the hood's got a drawstring.....oh what do you call that garment again? Starts with an "a".....

Big Kev :lol::thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links