Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Egr Valve

carday

I've read previous threads regarding cleaning the carbon from the valve along with the manifold, what I cannot see anywhere is any reference to any gaskets that may need to be replaced, is there any ????

I've read previous threads regarding cleaning the carbon from the valve along with the manifold, what I cannot see anywhere is any reference to any gaskets that may need to be replaced, is there any ????

There are 3 gaskets, they are made from thin metal type material so you could use them again if needed (i have done without any probs) but i wouldnt think they cost that much new if you dont fancy re-using them.

Mart.

Hi,

When I took mine off (1CD-FTV engine) there was only one - a thin, shiny stainless one that I cleaned up and put back on. There are pictures in the general members' gallery

I take it you have read this thread on egr cleaning ?

As Mart says there is 3 (on the adt250 and 251 at any rate) and there is no real issues with reusing them. If you want to get 3 new ones then I think the part numbers are on that thread.

Hi,

When I took mine off (1CD-FTV engine) there was only one - a thin, shiny stainless one that I cleaned up and put back on. There are pictures in the general members' gallery

Definately 3, one between head and EGR pipe, one between EGR pipe and EGR valve and one between the EGR valve and inlet manifold.

Mart.

I have a 54 D-Cat (1CD-FTV engine) and intend to clean out my EGR valve. I have had the car from new and the EGR has never been cleaned, after 107,000 miles I reckon it is about time I gave it some attention.

I have read an awful lot of threads on the forum and looked at my Avensis on-line manual, but I cannot locate the EGR valve for the life of me!! Help! The images on the forum relate to different engines and I am struggling abit.

Here is a photo of the area I think I should be looking

Picture029-4.jpg

For anyone else interested I have bought a Wynns Exhaust Gas Recirculation aerosol can for £4.96 which I intend to use to break down the carbon.

I have a 54 D-Cat (1CD-FTV engine) and intend to clean out my EGR valve. I have had the car from new and the EGR has never been cleaned, after 107,000 miles I reckon it is about time I gave it some attention.

I have read an awful lot of threads on the forum and looked at my Avensis on-line manual, but I cannot locate the EGR valve for the life of me!! Help! The images on the forum relate to different engines and I am struggling abit.

Picture029-4.jpg

For anyone else interested I have bought a Wynns Exhaust Gas Recirculation aerosol can for £4.96 which I intend to use to break down the carbon.

I still haven't worked out how to master displaying images. Anyway, the attachment has a marked version of your image. The unit is best seen from the Battery side with the complete airbox removed and it's underneath the box in the metal air duct from the turbo. There are more pictures in the 1CD-FTV album in the general members' gallery. On this particular engine I could only find one metal gasket between the unit and the block. On this forum, cmia recommends soaking the valve in diesel to clean it.

post-86471-1268089472_thumb.jpg

Picture029-4.jpg

I still haven't worked out how to master displaying images. Anyway, the attachment has a marked version of your image. The unit is best seen from the Battery side with the complete airbox removed and it's underneath the box in the metal air duct from the turbo. There are more pictures in the 1CD-FTV album in the general members' gallery. On this particular engine I could only find one metal gasket between the unit and the block. On this forum, cmia recommends soaking the valve in diesel to clean it.

post-86471-1268089472_thumb.jpg

Many thanks Toyotavensis, quite well hidden eh? :D :D

There are many ways to post images. Here is how I do it:-

1. Get a Photobucket account, it's free and you can store 'tuns of images!! go to http://www.photobucket.com

2. Upload your image to Photobucket, you can edit your image on photobucket i.e. reduce image size, annotate etc... or on software before you upload to Photobucket.

3. After you have uploaded and clicked on the image, you will see a series of tags associated with the image. There are four tags, look for the IMG Code tag and cut and paste it into your post.

4. Before you submit your post, Preview it first to check to see if the image is ok......and for typos grammar etc....