Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Size Tire To 2010 2.0 D4d Wagon Avensis?

TPK77

Hello!

My new Avensis arrives next week and I´m wondering about summer tires. I have OZ ultraleggera wheels offset 40, 8"wide. Is it ok to put 225/50 tires to these?

Or should i use 225/45?

What tire brands do you recommend?

Thanks,

Toni

What is the rim size? 17", 18", 19"...?

If it's 18" then 225/45 is too small.

Hi,

Use the link below to work out the size required for your tyres. Enter the standard size on the left & then change the sizes till the new tyre sizes match or are less than 1% out.

As to make of tyre, I stick with Continental & usually go with sport contact type.

Link below:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Cheers,

Marv

forgot to say its 17", 225/50 should be close enough to original -> +1%. The question is, is there room for these tyres?

Thanks

Toni

I think they will fit. I was going to fit 18" 225 / 40 off my Alfa 156, but I would have needed to fit 10mm spacers, which I felt was sticking out too far, so stayed with the originals. So the worst case scenario is you would need to fit 5mm spacers, which are available off eBay for about £20 for the 4.

You will know when you fit the first wheel. Feel for the gap on the suspension arm & if it is 6mm+, then you will be ok.

I had a VW Passat which I fitted 19" Oxigin 1 alloys with 235 / 35 Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres . The gap only had 4mm clearance & kept rubbing. So added 5mm spacers & everything was ok & they made the car look fantastic. With that size of wheel/tyre combo, they were bordering on being illegal due to the amount of rubber sticking out slightly past the arches.

Marv

forgot to say its 17", 225/50 should be close enough to original -> +1%. The question is, is there room for these tyres?

Thanks

Toni

There's room for those, even T25 factory size is 215/50/17... And T27 has a lot bigger wheel housing than a T25